What's on your NEW YEAR'S day menu?

Melody P.
on 1/1/22 1:37 am - Amarillo, TX

I couldn't decide on just one...thought they were too cute!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Wishing you all a wonderful year ahead. We all deserve good things coming into our lives!

My plans for the day are fairly simple. I need to make some black eyed peas in the instant pot for lunch. Will likely have those for dinner as well.

I sound like an extremely broken record but my back and tailbone is just...well hurting. Sitting is difficult to say the least. Laying down is hard on my legs. Sigh...

I forgot to mention that I found a brand new echo dot at the thrift store. I am loving it! I ordered another for my room I liked it so much...they were a great price and I ordered some smart plugs and bulbs. I really wanted the dot that had the clock but delivery isn't until March or April. I particularly like playing music on it.

I also found a tape player that you can connect to your computer and make them into digital files. I did one of the short segments on a tape from my grandpa talking about his life. It made me cry. He went to Colorado by hopping on a train to pick peaches, to Idaho for potato harvest and even to California to do logging and even did a stent there as a firefighter in N.California. He talked about the war a bit(I have another tape that has more in depth war stuff). He always talked about Monte Cassino in Italy. Due to it he was missing in action for a couple of months along with his crew. He said he was a 150 miles into German territory trying to cut off supply routes. He loved Italy. I have a lot of color photos he took there. Yes color! Also B/W. I should start sharing them! God I miss that man.

QOTD: what is one of your top things you wish would go away that is super popular?

Mine is without a doubt is willful ignorance. Of all the things we can be and do...some folks just choose to be stupid. I'm talking the crap like flat earth folks, umm...I could go on but I think you get the pictures. My grandpa always said that it was a sin to be willfully stupid and I wholeheartedly agree.

B: JUST egg, sausage and cheese...oh and coffee x2

L: Black eyed peas, ham and smoked shrimp

D: probably a repeat of lunch for the most part

S: popcorn, PP shake and ???

Queen JB
on 1/1/22 3:52 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning! I am the only one awake in the house so I decided to post! I actually managed to stay up until after midnight thanks to copious amounts of espresso, but I still couldn't sleep well past 2am. My body is just not hard wired to sleep after 2am, no matter what. Anyway we had fun last night-y friend stayed over and we had fun playing games. I remain Boggle & Cards Against Humanity, champion :)

Today when they wake up we are going to make breakfast and craft together a little bit, but then after she leaves I need to get fully focused on prepping for work this week. I want to have all of my lunches made so I can start my new routines in a good habit.

QOTD: Science deniers - whether it be climate, COVID, etc. If you haven't seen "Don't Look Up" on Netflix, I highly recommend it!

B: Grim is making French Toast for our brunch but I want to stick to eggs and strawberries.

S: Fage Peach Yogurt

L: Tuna Melt on 1/2 Low Carb Tortilla

D: Tilapia Fish Taco

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/1/22 4:50 am - Amarillo, TX

Yeeeees on the science deniers. Holy **** does that get on my nerves! Climate change deniers are my biggest pet peeve.

I've not slept much either. For some stupid reason my brain and body decides to get up at 2 or 3. Sooooo stupid.

Mkess
on 1/1/22 5:01 am
VSG on 08/09/21

I grew up with a love of Boggle. My mother prides herself that she was a 1971 Boggle Champion of a local store and had the shirt to prove it. I play an app version of Boggle daily on my phone.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

catwoman7
on 1/1/22 5:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

oh wow - I'll have to look for that app!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 1/1/22 5:29 am
RNY on 06/03/15

we pull out my Boggle game every time my brother is visiting from NC. What fun!

Mkess
on 1/1/22 4:56 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Happy New Year All!

Melody, how precious to have those memories of your grandfather!

I had a nice relaxing night, having a responsible eating evening while watching TV with a good friend. Once midnight hour hit, I turned into a pumpkin and scurried home.

We're due for snow today so I'm already in a hunker down mental state.

QOTD: I have had enough of Covidiots. I can't believe how many people don't respect science or choose to put others at risk.

B: Dannon light and fit coconut yogurt, tangerine.

L: Chicken Salad.

D: Chicken Bratwurst.

S: sf popsicle

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

KalesD
on 1/1/22 5:00 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Happy New Year!

Im waiting for my headphones to charge so I can head for a workout.. want to start the year strong!

B: fairlife latte, egg whites, salsa, cheddar and avocado

s: yogurt with protein powder and raspberries

l: salad w ground beef

s: clementine and cheese

d: tbd

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

catwoman7
on 1/1/22 5:43 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

snow heading our way, so I'm staying in! Followed by bone-chilling temps tomorrow - UGH. Not sure which is worse. A friend wants to meet for coffee tomorrow morning, but I don't know - the high is only supposed to be 10 degrees F. I think I'd rather be home! Not much else on tap for the weekend. The gym is open until 2:00 today, but I'm not going out in this. I may just read today. I say that every day but lately have ended up going down various rabbit holes on the internet. What a waste of time!

QOTD: I'd have to agree with the science denier response. I'm very tempted to unfriend a handful of people on FB because of their covidiot status. It's especially shocking that some are college graduates. Good Lord.

B: overnight oats, coffee with half & half

MS: may not have one if I end up eating the whole bowl of overnight oats (but if I only eat half of it, then probably a protein shake)

L: plain skyr with cranberry/cherry compote

AS: protein muffin, L&F creme brulee yogurt

D: chickpea/miso sandwich (on keto bread)

Have a great NYD, everyone!

here's a photo of two of our cats last night celebrating New Year's Eve. DH and I pretty much celebrated it the same way..

Melody P.
on 1/1/22 5:59 am - Amarillo, TX

covidiot = scourge of the earth....spot on.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?