What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/3/22 1:43 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Helloooooooo! It's my first day of the new job. I am excited and nervous. Who the hell starts a job as the Director of HR for a school system in the middle of a pandemic when teachers are resigning at record numbers? What have I done, haha?!!Also, COVID Testing in our state is a total ****show, and it's been impossible to get a test so schools are scrambling. Our school decided to stay closed today to give everyone an additional day to get tested. So no kids today, which is probably good for my first day.

QOTD: Tell me about your exercise routine. Before work? After? Do you do something every day? I am still figuring my new routine out, but I think my plan will be to do something light every morning (like a quick 15 - 20 minute stationary bike ride or elliptical), just to make it part of my morning routine, but 3 - 4 days a week I will do a more rigorous run after work.

Today my exercise plan will be a walk this morning on the elliptical machine in Italy, thanks to my iFit :) My lunch is already packed and I am excited to get back to better eating and less access to food all day. I would love to be retired but apparently I am like a goldfish when I don't have a routine, so it's time to get back to a more normal routine.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/3/22 2:06 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB and good luck today! I'm sure you'll rock this!

I've been up since 1 something. I also woke up a lot during the "night" thanks to a very grumpy pouch. No more black eyed peas! I only had 1/2 cup but man! I am on my second cup of coffee and had a 1/2 TBS of peanut butter that I need to leave alone...

I had a bad time of it last night. Felt sorry for myself. Somehow everyone(family) thinks I detest hugs. I have said I don't like people in large numbers(social anxiety! and just over the stupid) but have never EVER said I hate hugs. The last hug I got was on Christmas from my niece Riley. I really could of used a hug last night but my mom was watching her shows and I was alone in the living room and my bedroom crying. I know she knew I was crying but...well it just didn't go past that. I refuse to beg for it. My mom is always telling my brother she loves him...every time they talk...which I admit it's not that often as he is a typical arse. I know she loves me but sometimes I like to hear it too. The don't talk about emotions thing is strong in this family...unfortunately. I like to talk out my feelings and it makes people uncomfortable. Thanks to unchecked emotions I had a small binge with peanut butter and some cauliflower crackers. It could of been way worse so I'll take it as it is. A misstep.

I think the plan for today is groceries. I need to get some healthier snacks...jerky, cheese sticks and some kind of fruit. I'm thinking of making some kale "chips". I really like them and they have a lot of good nutrients. I can't do nuts and I'm putting the PB in a harder to reach area. I'm wishing I had a dehydrator but I really don't want to go that far down the rabbit hole. I'd like to get a piece of brisket to smoke. It just sounds good. I love our stovetop smoker and we'll likely be getting the bigger one in the next few months. I found some bourbon soaked oak sawdust that is just fabulous on chicken

ok...enough dribble...LOL

QOTD: right now...pretty much non existent. I hope to be cleared for walking more once the staples come out on the 10th.

B: JUST egg, American cheese, GF waffle and coffee x infinity...LOL

L: mahi-mahi & L&F yogurt

D: unplanned as of this moment

S1: 1/2 TBS PB, GF pretzels

S2: PP shake

i wanted to share this picture again of my gorgeous kitty Opal. She knows exactly how pretty she is.

Melody P.
on 1/3/22 4:21 am - Amarillo, TX

Another pic that was in my FB memories.

my beautiful grandma...this was in 1947.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/3/22 4:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Melody, I am sorry you are having a rough time and I hope that today gets better for you.

As a singleton extrovert, surrounded by introverts, I have learned that it's not anyone else's job to know that I need a hug, I need a hand or a need a shoulder to cry on. I mean, I would love it if that was the case but I know it's not and that I have to tell people what I need or initiate the action. It can get wearing to be the one that always does that but it's not that people don't care or aren't willing to do the things, it's that everyone has their own things going on. In my mind, it's not "begging", it's using my words.

I hope you find the support you need today and sending you a virtual hug from afar.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 1/3/22 4:51 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you and you are right. Another common thread in my family is being to proud to ask for what we need.

thanks for your perspective!

Emiepie
on 1/3/22 7:22 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Opal is a beauty! I hope you have a better day.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 1/3/22 12:14 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thanks!

Amy Liz
on 1/3/22 8:56 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Melody - As one who grew up with a narcistic mother, void of empathy - I understand how you feel. Take good care of yourself, put yourself first - no one else is going to and please ask for what you need. It's really okay to do that.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Melody P.
on 1/3/22 12:20 pm - Amarillo, TX

My mom and me had a long talk this morning. We agreed that we need more hugs. I'm not usually people person so I tend to not like hugs from people I don't know(most people I think are really that way honestly) so she just assumed I guess. She did hear me cry and told me she thought it was from just the pain, it had been a hard night pain wise. The thing is I tend to not cry in front of people...hardly ever I don't know if I would of told her why last night. We are both to proud...I know I am. I don't ask for help when I truly need it.

You're right...I'm the only one who can truly watch out for me. It's something I need to work on.

thanks for your reply :)

Partlypollyanna
on 1/3/22 2:51 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and welcome to "back to normal" Monday! I also rejoin the workforce after a bit of a break today.

qotd - I very much prefer to work out before work. I will do after work but I have more e energy and focus in the morning.

QJB, I hope your first "real" day goes welll and to answer the question, I think someone who was mistreated and under appreciated at her last job will have an amazing 2022 at a new job inspite of the dumpster fire around us.

today, I will do the rower, a session in Fiji, as well as my PT for my shoulder, which is feeling a bit better after a week off from anything with push-ups. i also need to take some stuff back to the outdoor store after work.

menu today will be

coffee plus half and half x3

yogurt

salami and almonds

chicken green chili

either a built bar or yogurt

have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 414 views