What's on your Monday Menu?

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/3/22 6:42 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yep - that scale really is a stinker! I need to get my act together especially if I am getting married sometime this year. I ate really small portions this weekend but of course nothing was remotely low calorie.

The Christmas decorations are down which I find depressing. The next few days are final packing for Hawaii which we hopefully leave for on Thursday. And today is the 2 year anniversary of DH's death. Unbelievable that such an active and physically healthy person was gone so young. Alzheimer's stinks!

Covid is certainly rampant - I heard several reports from friends/family the last few days who have breakthrough cases (all mild cases so far at least).

QOTD: I try to walk briskly for at least an hour a day before breakfast/lunch (I am retired). It has been harder to do that while visiting in Massachusetts but we did walk for 2 hours in the rain in Boston on Saturday. I would LOVE to be doing yoga 3 times a week but there has been no convenient way to set that up of late though I would like to work on that once I am back from my next 3 months of travel. I also prefer that in the morning. I sweat a lot when I exercise so like to do my shower for the day after exercise and not have to repeat it later.

TSS: 5 years, 9 months

B: Coffee!!!

L: Maybe a healthy choice meal?

D: Not sure - need to go to the store

S: string cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Sheila_H
on 1/3/22 7:42 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Sorry about your husband's anniversary.
Which island in Hawaii are you going?

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/3/22 2:24 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We will be based in a condo on Oahu, but are going to Maui and Kauai for a few days each. I have never been to Hawaii but Mike has been the half a dozen times so he has the itinerary all planned. We will be there for 25 days.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Emiepie
on 1/3/22 8:26 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Thinking of you!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/3/22 2:25 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you!

Amy Liz
on 1/3/22 8:00 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I hope you have a fabulous first day even in the chaos, QJB! I'm taking a mental health day off and won't be working from home either. I had a good very busy weekend. I was able to get so much done but I am feeling so run down physically and emotionally. I didn't get on the treadmill this morning, but I will later and walk the dogs as well. The rest of the day will be in my recliner, reading or watching TV.

QOTD - I started doing ifit treadmill workouts in the morning and going into work later which works really well for me. Getting it out of the way feels great. I used to love working out at the gym after work - that shower and dinner afterwards were like heaven and I would sleep so well. But after a tough day, it was really easy to wave as I drove by the gym on my way home from work. No matter when you work out, for me it really comes down to being a machine and just doing it because it's what's best for you and taking the emotional side out of it.

Accountability - ended up skipping lunch and had lunch for dinner then ate a lot of extra peperoni but macros were good. I did much better on water too. I made the eggbeaters casserole yesterday. The little bits I tried while packing it up were very tasty.

b-coffee, eggbeater casserole

l- tuna w/light mayo

d- ham

s- jerky and HB egg

Cals 664/80 protein

Vitamins/water - check

Exercise - 3/4 mile walk with dogs in neighborhood, 1.5 mile hike on treadmill later in Ireland!

Weight -220.1 - Ideally, I would like to only weigh once a week but I can't stay off the damn thing

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

catwoman7
on 1/3/22 2:44 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

664 calories? Wow - I wish I could still do that. I sometimes really miss the first year out when I had almost no hunger and a ton of resolve! MFP tells me to eat 1400 to lose 0.5 lbs a week. Even THAT seems like a huge challenge at this point!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 1/3/22 3:14 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

I can do it if it's dense protein - my pouch still works I just have to get used to eating less. When I'm over the hump (no carb, no/low hunger), I will add some veggies for more bulk. Carbs are what ruin me simply because I can keep eating and eating....

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

catwoman7
on 1/3/22 3:19 pm, edited 1/3/22 7:19 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I should probably beef up my protein (or more specifically, meat). I don't eat much meat anymore, but I know when I do, I get really full really fast, and it stays with me for awhile. I eat a lot of protein otherwise - powders, Greek yogurt - but it's not the same as a dense piece of meat. Maybe I should rethink this..

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 1/3/22 8:05 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning to you all. I've been up and rearranged the living room (my husband's not going to love that!) and put away all the dishes and taken care of the dogs and now I am having coffee and vitamins. Happy to not have to report to wor****il tomorrow. Back to 4 day weeks, I have really loved these ridiculously long weekends that I have been able to enjoy since Thanksgiving. I need to pick up vitamins today, and I'd like to get to the craft store to check out card stock. Exciting day ahead for me!

Yesterday, I nailed day two of 2022. My TDB lunch was a salad with grilled chicken on it, dressing on the side and I did eat the front third point of a piece of bbq pizza. I had plenty of calories available for it, so I am not calling it a bad choice. My pulled pork butt was amazing, and there are plenty of meals coming with that as the base. Yum!! Another day of zero calorie liquids and I got plenty of ounces in.

QoTD: I don't do any form of regular exercise these days. I know that has to change. I do love riding my bike and taking walks, I just don't prioritize it. I putter all over the place all the time, but hope to make better habits in the next few months. I'd love to get back to yoga. I definitely plan on doing that while my husband is out at golf and pickle ball come April 1st.

Menu:

B: hb egg and cottage cheese with ebtb seasoning

L: leftover turkey soup. My friend made it with my Christmas turkey carcass and he did a great job, but it's cream based and has dumplings, so I'll have just a half cup and maybe a small salad

D: edamame pasta, two turkey meatballs, cacio e pepe sauce

S: maybe the orange chocolate yogurt today. I switched to a light string cheese yesterday after having the pizza nibbles for lunch. 45 vs 120 calories.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?