What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/4/22 1:40 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hi Gang, I'm happy to report that I had a fantastic first day of work! Thanks for all of your well wishes :) The best part was the 29 minute commute both ways. Seriously, so freaking awesome!

We did comprehensive COVID testing yesterday at school and we had a lot of positives. Stay safe out there, friends! I feel like it is just a matter of time before I get it in this environment, but if I test positive it is not because "I caught COVID" it is because "COVID caught me" because I have done so much to stay safe from it for so long.

QOTD: For those of you who are in "maintenance phase", how far are you from your lowest weight? I am 27lbs higher than my lowest weight and I hate every single one of those pounds with a fiery passion. I wish I never allowed myself to stop being as vigilant as I was in years 1 and 2. I have a long long long hard road to get back to where I feel comfortable and I don't have a lot of faith myself to actually do it.

Yesterday I did the elliptical in the morning and I stuck to my menu, perfectly. I was super hungry because I didn't get a chance to take even one bite of food until 1:30pm, but it was good to remember what it means to actually be hungry.

Today's plan is the same. I will do some light exercise in the morning (probably the stationary bike), but after work I am going to commit to a one mile run on the treadmill.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/4/22 2:23 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! Glad to hear your day went well! The commute! That's fantastic!

I woke up in a lot of pain around 2. I really had hoped this surgery would've helped me out more. I know there is still healing left to do...but I admit I am not very optimistic about it now. I'm not totally giving up but I'm doubtful to say the least. Oh well.

Not much planned for the day. We got all the Christmas stuff put away spare 2 little things we forgot about. So happy to have the clutter gone! My brother and his family are coming over this afternoon. I'm not sure of the exact time but we're having lunch or dinner. I'm going to make smoked fajitas with some skirt steak. They will not eat it as it has onions and peppers. They have bad taste in food! LOL. I think I'll use mesquite saw dust. I'm sure my mom will want to run to the thrift store too.

I'm sharing a few photos of my grandpa and an article about his experience. I have been missing him terribly so this helps me remember him more so. The color pics are taken with a camera that had been taken from a German that had been captured. I wish I could share the audio I have!

QOTD: n/a

B: JUST egg, just crack an egg bowl, coffee and a cheese stick

L: fajitas, cauliflower tortilla, light sour cream and 2 TBS Oaxaca cheese

D: prob the same as lunch

S: PP shake w/strawberries and ???

Partlypollyanna
on 1/4/22 5:02 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Great article Melody, thanks for sharing that! Is that your grandfather at the bottom?

You might find this interesting, there's a YouTube video and some snaps from the Snapshot exhibit at the WW1 museum that I took my nephew too; I was hoping they had a virtual option but I'm not finding it.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 1/4/22 5:21 am - Amarillo, TX

It is him indeed.

he didn't get his film developed until the late 80's. He didn't talk about WWII until then. He had severe PTSD. His only saving grace from the war was losing a lot of his hearing so those didn't set his PTSD off like it does for a lot. The middle picture is also him!

lmfontana4
on 1/4/22 10:46 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Netflix has a great documentary on WWII. I think it is called WWII in
Color

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 1/4/22 5:22 am - Amarillo, TX

OS thanks for the link!

Emiepie
on 1/4/22 7:15 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Thank you for sharing!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 1/4/22 10:44 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you for reading! I am ridiculously proud of him.

KalesD
on 1/4/22 3:18 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning

The scale isn't being friendly this week and it's really got me down in the dumps. I've been trying to stay away from it.. but alas it calls to me. As of tomorrow my province has mandated gyms be closed (hello lockdown 10,000) .. so I guess I'll go back to doing yoga at home... and really focusing on my diet.

QOTD: 5lbs. Ugh.

b: fairlife latte, egg whites, salsa, cheddar, avocado

s: Greek yogurt, PB and blueberries

l: chicken breast and mixed veg stir fry

s: mini babybel and clementine

d: chilli w cheddar and a bit of Greek yogurt

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Teenie
on 1/4/22 4:44 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning QJB and Menuers,

I am so glad your first day went well. I hope this Job is your forever job. So nice that the commute is so short. I agree with the Covid catching you. That is how I got it I was super vigilent and my husband was not. I am still not happy with him.

Today is my rescheduled Mammogram so I need to bust out of work early. It was 19° here this morning and I chose to stay in bed and keep warm.

QOTD: I am up 11.2 pounds but feverishly working to get back down.

Accountability: No snacks at all yesterday. I did great.

TSS: 4 years 24 days: 140.6 LBS, (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with Fairlife Carmel Protein

MS: Fairlife caramel protein

CB: Coffee with Fairlife Cafe latte Protein

L. Fairlife cafe latte protein

D: Pork and sauerkraut and blackeye peas.

Exercise: None today

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a great day.

Brightest Blessings

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 419 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 121 views
Recent Topics