What's on your Wednesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/5/22 1:39 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Hey Everyone! Thanks for being so honest in yesterday's QOTD. I really think it's important for newer people to understand just how tough it gets after year 3, and I think it is important for all of us who are in the same regain boat, to remember that we are rowing the boat together!

In less positive news, Grim and I both went to bed with fevers last night :( I started feeling exhausted and sniffly around 6pm, out of nowhere. I took a rapid test and it is negative and I feel better this morning (just sniffles) but I am not sure if they will allow me to work today. I will text my boss at a more reasonable hour and see what she thinks. I detest the idea of calling out on my 3rd day, but this is a weird time. I am feeling so grateful that we are both vaxxed, boosted, and never leave home without being double masked.

QOTD: Where do you donate your old clothes and other household stuff? I used to find local people here on OH to donate my bigger clothes to. I gave this one woman who had surgery at the same time as me (who started out a lot heavier) like $5K worth of clothes but she never lost enough weight to fit into them. Sigh. I felt really sad for her that she was not successful with her surgery at all. But now I generally give all of my donations to Big Brother Big Sister, and they are great about coming to pick things up! I donated all of the furniture in my old condo to Afghan families *****cently came to MA. I have seen pics of the houses they decorated and my stuff looks awesome there :)

Yesterday was another great day for food. It feels so great to actually stick to a plan again... I had really lost my will for awhile there. I did about 30 minutes on the bike in the morning, but I had committed to a run in the evening but I didn't do that, because I was feeling yucky. I am not committing to any exercise today until I am sure that I am fever free.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/5/22 2:08 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB and everyone! So sorry you're both dealing with the fevers. That is just one of the worse feelings!

Yesterday was kind of a cluster bomb. Esp food wise. I was so sleepy and tired that my brain switched into the food is fuel thing. I think it thought food would make me less tired. One of those stupid brain moments. It wasn't the worst but I did have a small piece of pecan fruitcake. Onward and upward.

Not much planned for the day. I have no idea what my mom has planned for the day. I'd like to stay home and do much of nothing. I didn't have a chance to take naps or just rest yesterday since my brother and his family came over and stayed for what seems like forever...LOL. I've been up since 2. The sleep quality is in the negative territory. My legs just hurt so much when I try to sleep. My tailbone hurts when I sit up...argh! So annoying.

I'm attaching a picture of yesterday's sunrise...the panoramic one I did with my point and shoot and merged the three photos. I love Lightroom!

QOTD: we usually donate to a place here called Downtown Women's Center. They help women overcome addiction and homelessness. They are also the main thrift store we shop at. It's a good place with good people.

B: shortbread cookie (ugh), JUST egg, Denver just crack an egg and coffee

L: skirt steak made into fajitas, light sour cream and a tbs of Oaxaca cheese

D: probably a bowl of the enchilada casserole I have in the freezer

S: not sure on these yet. I will likely have a cheese stick and something else.

Queen JB
on 1/5/22 2:45 am
RNY on 07/20/15

WOW, the light and color is incredible!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 1/5/22 4:46 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Beautiful!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 1/5/22 7:06 am - Amarillo, TX

I forgot to post this yesterday. This is my grandpa in his 80's. He had a wicked sense of humor and had the heart of a kid...despite all that he'd been through in life.

Sheila_H
on 1/5/22 7:18 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

BEAUTIFUL pics.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 1/5/22 7:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Stunning pics!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/5/22 10:00 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Amazingly beautiful!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Melody P.
on 1/5/22 1:07 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thank y'all for the sunrise picture love! We get some beautiful sunrises and sunsets here...now we just need rain!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/5/22 3:38 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Ugh, maybe there is onboarding stuff you can read from home so you're not taking sick day but also not going in and possibly making people sick. For me trying to think with a fever is hard though so retention might be bad. Hope you and Grim are feeling better and fever free fast.

QOTD - DAV or Vinnies -- they usually have great pick up options. I did do a survey of what I have that is "excess/unused" furniture wise and sent it to my friend who lost everything so she knows she can have it when/if they go in to interim housing.

Busy day of meetings starting at 6, then a break for PT, and then more meetings, yay 2022 is back to normal. I have a rowing session in French Polynesia for exercise which will probably be this afternoon; I'm trying to do 2 minute exercise bursts each hour throughout the day -- right now mostly squats and lunges but if I get the go ahead to add back planks and pushups I will add those.

menu today

coffee plus half and half X3

Bacon and almonds

chicken green chili X2

Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 424 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views