What's on your Wednesday Menu?

catwoman7
on 1/5/22 5:58 am
RNY on 06/03/15

QJB - I hope you guys are OK. I've also read that this current variant isn't as severe, but still, I'm hoping against hope that I won't get it. Since I'm also fully vaxxed and boosted, I worry more about long COVID than anything else. Anyway, back to you and Grim - I hope this is something else - or if COVID, that it's a mild case.

I've read those antigen tests (the quick ones) aren't quite as accurate with this variant as they were with the previous variants. You may want to seek out a PCR test (the two-day ones) since those ARE still pretty accurate. That is, if you can even get in - it's been a real issue here (long lines, long waits, places running out of them. UGH!)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Queen JB
on 1/5/22 1:41 pm
RNY on 07/20/15

Thanks! I actually took two tests this morning. One of them I did with the usual nose swab and for the other one, I did a throat culture. Both negative, so I went in. Our fevers are both down to just a little above normal and we are both just a little sniffly. I would be shocked if I got COVID symptoms this fast, since I only started on Monday and I was sooooo careful the week before I started... I think it's probably just a little cold since this is also my first time working in a new school environment! But I am with you--I don't want it!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Christina135
on 1/5/22 6:06 am

Mernin' errybody!

It's been a hell of a few days! Our numbers are nuts in TX (Covid) and we've had our very own Covid scare. Hubs and I were quarantining and got tested. Just got results this morning we are negative, thankfully. I'm working from home today since I need my official result to go back, he went back in since he already has his. We have both been sick, but looks like it was just a really bad virus/cold whatever, but not Covid. Ugh! We are vaxxed and boosted though, so we knew it would be mild if anything but it was still scary AF.

Breakfast - coffee

Lunch - tofu scramble (since I'm home) with sourdough toast

Dinner - vegan hotdog, with vegan chili

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

catwoman7
on 1/5/22 6:58 am
RNY on 06/03/15

ugh - sorry to hear it'**** your area so badly already. I was reading yesterday that although it'll hit everywhere in the country, they're anticipating that it's going to be really bad in the south due to the lower vaxx rates there. Here's hoping you and your loved ones will get through this current wave without a hitch!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Sheila_H
on 1/5/22 7:31 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

We have always dealt with cold and flu every year, but the last couple of years every sniffle or line of fever makes us think of COVID, and rightly scares us! So happy you and hub are negative, and good job on being vaxxed and boosted. It helps if it ever comes your way. Stay safe.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Melody P.
on 1/5/22 2:07 pm - Amarillo, TX

Covid is bad in. This area of Tx too....glad y'all tested negative.

Greateight
on 1/5/22 6:28 am, edited 1/4/22 10:30 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

So, we are sitting at brunch on Sunday and Marilyn turns to me and says "I could never come here"

I said "well, actually, aren't you here right now?

She said "yes, but I would never come here willingly"

And we only walked on about 400 feet of Bourbon Street on our way to get Po Boys.

New Year's Eve Day, we got a text that our 8:30 flight on Saturday morning was cancelled, so Marilyn scrambled and booked us on a 7:30 through Tampa that got to New Orleans about 2:00.

We got to our hotel at about 3:00 and went out for the Po Boys. The line outside the restaurant was about an hour long but it wasn't bad because everybody was festive and they had TV's where we could watch the other New Years day games.

We sat down, ordered our fried pickles and Oyster sandwiches and Marilyn said "I feel like I have been transported to a foreign land." It probably didn't help that two people were wandering the streets dressed as the rookie from Star Wars. After lunch, we went back to the hotel, changed and headed to the game. Thankfully we were able to walk because driving/parking would have been unthinkable.

Ole Miss had a lot of chants/rituals that I really didn't understand, but the people were friendly. Ole Miss has a reputation as a school that redshirts Miss America candidates and I would say that appears correct.

We went to a tailgate party sponsored by the Baylor alumni association before the game (no alcohol) and spent 30 minutes in an unsuccessful hunt for a commemorative football. The game lasted until about 11:45. We felt safe walking back to the hotel because the crowds were so large.

Sunday morning we went to brunch at a restaurant called Saint John. It was amazing. I will try and find some pictures on Friday. I fell asleep in the taxi on the way to the airport.

I was compliant with Day 2 of CAMAW. I saw a picture of a family with big tubs of popcorn and that had me craving for awhile.

QOTD: Usually Salvation Army. I still have a few Tom James sports coats that I kept and Sheila told me that I may be able to bring them to a seamstress. And then COVID hit and I've worn gym clothes for the last two years.

Breakfast: Sausage and cottage cheese

Lunch: Crustless Quiche

Dinner: Mahi burgers from TJ

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 1/5/22 7:30 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Your killing me over here with the carb pics. LOL

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 1/5/22 7:51 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I am with Marilyn. I thought New Orleans was yucky. No desire to visit again.

Greateight
on 1/5/22 8:04 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I'm hoping that if they make a New Year's game next year that it's the Fiesta Bowl. A few days hiking in Arizona would be more our speed.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 503 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 450 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 305 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 122 views
Recent Topics