What's on your Thursday Menu?

Teenie
on 1/6/22 7:51 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Nope but I will be googling it.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 1/6/22 8:11 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I always get those crazy long receipts and don't know what to do with them.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 1/6/22 10:05 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I remember Sears and Kmart having these types of receipts. What is the point. I like the email option you get now a days with receipts myself. The video was super creative though.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 1/6/22 7:28 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

QJB - rooting for a snow day. How fun.

I am so sore today. I didn't workout (not counting the occasional hikes) from 12/21-1/2. My trainer knew this and gave me a lighter weight routine for this first week. Yesterday she asked me to go for a power walk with her to talk about my goals and expectations for the year. I know I've mentioned her before but this woman is a beast, in the best way. Her power walk, with her long legs, is my jogging. Then add to it the neighborhood hills and by the time we were done I was DONE! Good thing I was not expected to talk much because I was dying huffing and puffing. She didn't even break a sweat and she had just come from her "usual" 9 miles run. Some people are just genetically superior.

QOTD: I the Fage 0% and usually have 10-12 of them in my fridge. I add some sf syrup to them to have different flavors. Depending on how many carbs I have to expend I also like the L&F ones. I just bought few of the creme brûlé and apple pie ones.

My meals yesterday:

• B: bullet coffee
  • L: scrambled eggs & cheese
  • S: hb eggs
  • D: egg shake
  • E: 45 minutes weight training + 5.75 miles torture power walk

Happy first jr Fri-yay of the year!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 1/6/22 7:55 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Next time I get yogurt I'm going to try the Fage 0%. I have a few sf syrups that I can use up. This will be a great use for them. I still hate throwing anything away.

Julia S.
on 1/6/22 7:54 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- My favorite is Tillamook Greek I used to rotate 3 flavors, strawberry, raspberry and marionberry and an occasional peach. I like it because it is really thick and smooth. I can't get it here I tried the Triple Zero and it was way too sweet for me. Now I usually buy the Chobani at Costco since it's the cheapest, I would love to find something else. I'll see if I can find the Fage.

Uneventful day yesterday, I did get some nice birthday calls. And I did buy a new serger. I was unable to get mine to work and decided it wasn't worth trying to get it fixed. It was more than I would have liked to spend but at least I know it is a good one. It has to be shipped from their shop in Hilo so it should be here in a couple of days.

I have a low tire light in my car, and of course I don't have an tire gauge or an air compressor anymore and I'm too chicken to take it any where. There are no Les Schwab Tires here- a local chain in the PNW. So I ordered a rechargeable cordless compressor from Amazon, it's supposed to be here tomorrow. I did go to Walmart but couldn't make myself approach the tire counter.

As you can tell I am painfully shy, I thought that I had overcome it after working at a B&B and doing wine tastings every day. But sometimes it creeps back up on me, if I just do it and don't think about it I'm OK. It's just when I over think it that I end up in paralysis.

I need to get to work, thank goodness I have some.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Teenie
on 1/6/22 7:59 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Happy Belated Birthday. I hope your able to resolve your tire situation quickly and uneventfully. Good luck.

Amy Liz
on 1/6/22 8:58 am, edited 1/6/22 1:05 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ How cool about your new Super that he call it the night before! As a kid I vividly remember snow days - they were the best! Hope you both continue to feel better.

Yesterday was highly emotional again (personal work). Its all good stuff but I'm just not used to feeling all the things and there are just so many. Last night, I wanted to give in to my exhaustion and eat so badly, but I didn't. I recognized the trigger/pattern and told myself I would feel better tomorrow, especially if I didn't self sabotage and eat crap. It wasn't easy, but it worked. I know it will be a lifetime battle. I'll take the win.

QOTD - My favorite yogurt is plain 0% fage w/ fresh strawberries chopped up and sweetened with splenda and lime juice. Otherwise, I love L&F my favorite flavors are strawberry, peach and coconut.

Accountability - great, even though I want to eat carbs so bad.

B-coffee, TJ's eggwich

l- Chicken breast, blue cheese, buffalo sauce

d- baked chicken thighs

s - jerky, HB egg

761/86

vi****er - good

exercise - tonight - 2 miles in Sweden

218.8 today

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

catwoman7
on 1/6/22 10:39 am, edited 1/6/22 2:41 am
RNY on 06/03/15

G'afternoon!

I got up kind of late this morning - had to gulp down coffee and a protein shake and hop online to play our usual Thursday morning Mah Jongg game (I usually play with the same group). Then I logged on to one of our local news Web sites to catch more of the livestream version of a local murder trial that I'm absolutely riveted to. It was day 3 - and it's expected to last two weeks. I could tell from the prosecutor's opening statement on day 1 that the defense was going to have a really hard time defending this. The most they can probably do is argue for a lighter sentence (which I doubt they'll get). Investigation by the state and local law enforcement is air tight on this case, as far as I can tell. They thought of - investigated - and managed to procure good evidence on pretty much everything.

nothing else on tap for today, other than the murder trial (they're on lunch break now, so that's why I'm writing this now). I usually go to my senior strength training class now, but between the murder trial, the cold, and the COVID outbreak, I decided to skip it. My resistance bands arrived in the mail yesterday, so I'll use those tonight.

QOTD: the only commercial brands I buy with any regularity are L&F creme brulee, Fage plain, and Chobani plain (of the two, I prefer Fage, but Chobani is also very good and I'll buy that one if it's cheaper. Normally, they're about the same price). Otherwise, I make my own plain Greek yogurt and plain skyr. Usually I top them with some kind of fruit compote that I made (usually just a couple of tablespoons of it since I like the taste of plain yogurt), but sometimes I'll make it into pumpkin yogurt or eggnog yogurt (the latter for DH, who's obsessed with anything eggnog-flavored). Also, other than the L&F, I only buy 2% or full fat now. It tastes better - but also, it keeps me satisfied longer. Plus it's hard to get homemade yogurt and skyr right if you use less than 2% milk - it doesn't set up that well.

B: plain skyr with 2 T cranberry/cherry compote. Coffee with half & half

MS: Fairlife caramel protein shake, 1 serving of Flex Popcorners (these high-ish protein chip-like things I got at Aldi's)

L: 1/2 C protein oatmeal topped with 1/2 C homemade pumpkin yogurt and 2 T pepitas

AS: protein muffin?

D: a piece of pizza (if I can manage to stay within my calorie range - if not, it'll be something lighter)

well, the trial starts back up in five minutes - so I have to go get something to drink and hit the bathroom - so see y'all tomorrow!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 1/6/22 10:56 am
RNY on 06/03/15

whoops - flipflop the MS protein shake with the breakfast yogurt. I typed it out the way it was on myfitnesspal and not the real order I ate it in (I wasn't hungry early on, thus I had the protein shake and waited on the yogurt)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views