What's on your (PHOTO) Friday Menu?

Teenie
on 1/7/22 10:46 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Yes there is tons of stuff to do here. I have never rowed any of the rivers, only by boat. I have taken a few Segway tours that take you down to the stadiums and river walks that were very cool.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 1/7/22 5:56 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

well, we are only a couple hours from Chicago, so it's freezing here as well! Good day to keep my laptop fired up and tuned in to the murder trial I've been obsessed with. Yesterday was super interesting. I think the only thing the defense can possibly try to do is reduce the sentence - but I'm not sure they're going to be successful. I'm pretty sure this guy (age 23) is going to be a lifer. The guy's name is Chandler Halderson if anyone is into murder cases and trials. There are recordings of all the livestreams. Of particular interest are the prosecution's opening statement on Day 1, and pretty much everything from Day 3 (which was yesterday).

other than that, no plans. It's too frickin cold to leave the house. DH is taking the day off and wants to go to the gym sometime today. It's vaxxed only on MWF, but the COVID rates are so awful right now - even among vaxxed people - that I think I may exercise at home until after this thing peaks. Hopefully it'll move through here as quickly as it has in some other countries.

oh - another thing on my agenda for the weekend. I was watching that British baking show the other day on Netflix, and they were making a "malt loaf", which I had to look up. It sounds kind of like a fruitcake with malt extract and treacle in it, and it's supposedly really good. So I ordered malt extract and treacle since I couldn't find any around here. They're due to arrive tomorrow, so I'm making one of these loafs. Or I may make it into muffins. At any rate, I'm excited to make this thing! Plus I have a book discussion group meeting on Monday morning - I can take the thing there so I have other people to help me eat it (so it's not sitting around here for days on end!!)

QOTD: I used to rarely lose anything, because even though I'm not the world's most organized person, I have a "home" for everything (unlike DH, who's always losing things). I'm starting to lose things more often, though. I'm hoping it's just some age-related thing.

B: plain Greek yogurt with cranberry/cherry compote. Coffee with half & half

MS: protein iced latte (with SF syrup)

L: maybe cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie (?)

AS: L&F yogurt and a skinny bagel with light creamed cheese

D: the cauliflower/chickpea curry I keep putting on here but have ended up eating something else on most of these days

ex: some kind of cardio (used my new resistance tube bands last night - they worked great!)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 1/7/22 5:59 am
RNY on 06/03/15

whoops - forgot my pics. Top one is soon after we got Kardelen, the kitten on the right. As you can see, she fit right in! (this would have been about seven years ago). Second is one DH took about a week ago. Pretty typical - this cat always has to be next to me when I'm sleeping. Which is fine, of course...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Melody P.
on 1/7/22 6:11 am - Amarillo, TX

Awwww! What sweeties!

Theduffman27
on 1/7/22 7:00 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Love your pics!

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Sheila_H
on 1/7/22 6:11 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

QJB - yay for snow day, and apart from shoveling yay for 9" snow. I miss snow...can you tell?

You made me spit my coffee with that meme. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall in that meme to see how the convo went.

In our area, especially a little bit south of us where there are rivers and lagoons, there are a lot of snowy egrets. They have become my favorite birds. You rarely see them by the ocean, they are usually around calmer waters. During early fall we were paddle boarding in the ocean, and I guess it was calm enough that I saw a snowy egret sitting on the algae enjoying the sunset. I kicked myself for not having my phone with me to take a pic. So we also just sat on our boards watching the bird watching the sunset. It was just beautiful. About 3-4 days ago we were taking a walk on the beach and what do I see? Two snowy egrets talking a walk. They cracked me up because they looked like a couple (just like us) taking a stroll at the end of the day to decompress. And this time I had my phone.

QOTD: I lose my phone because I can never remember where I put it down. I don't have Apple Watch to ping it and it's usually on silent so I can't call it. Other than that I sometimes lose my car in the parking lot.

My meals yesterday:

• B: bullet coffee
  • L: hb eggs & whisp cheese snacks
  • S: hb eggs
  • D: egg soup
  • E: 30 minutes cardio + 60 minutes weight training

Happy Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Melody P.
on 1/7/22 6:24 am - Amarillo, TX

Beautiful pictures!

Theduffman27
on 1/7/22 7:01 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Love your pictures, what I wouldn't give to be near the ocean

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Sheila_H
on 1/7/22 7:20 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

We do realize we are very lucky where we live. People come here for vacation and we live here.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Theduffman27
on 1/7/22 7:53 am
VSG on 11/19/14

I am a block from Lake Champlain, the bay near my house is frozen over , not very inviting! Lol when I was a kid we loved it

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 326 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 130 views
Recent Topics