What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 1/8/22 12:16 am - Amarillo, TX

OK...this meme made me do a big cackle this mornin.

I am up way to early but I'm up. My pain levels have been extremely high the past 3 or 4 days. I'm guessing not much sleep is attributing to that. My left leg goes mostly to sleep(like white noise in your body) and it wakes me up in pain. I get my staples out Monday and I should find out what the next step is...at least I'm hoping. I didn't want a pain pump but at this point I just want less pain. Desperate times lead to desperate measures.

I've been looking for a new nightstand. Yesterday my mom bought me one from Walmart. I'll be paying her back in February. It isn't anything special but it has a bigger surface on top and a bigger drawer so I'm extremely happy with it. I used some foam board to close the back in on the bottom and I got a fabric bin to go in it.

No big plans for the day. I am hoping for a stay at home day but we'll see. Food yesterday was pretty good until the evening. It seems when I get wore out to the core is when I tend to overeat the most. I kept it pretty ok but I had some GF cauliflower crackers and a few peppermints. I have a little more egg replacement stuff left but that should be gone after today. So tomorrow I'll be doing the two shakes a day and a good meal at dinner.

QOTD: what is the worst fiasco you've had in the kitchen?

Mine is pretty darn bad. When I was 11 I had been cooking a bit for a while. Still very inexperienced. I was making me some bacon and eggs and I started a grease fire. I got it put out with...MILK. Good god. I cleaned it up...I thought. I didn't realize our stove had a compartment under the electric burners. Soooo I didn't tell my mom about it. It started to smell and it was rather freakin nasty. It was the worst! I was a heathen back when I was young. I tried though. Since my mom was a single mom we kind of had to be left alone more. My brother was 14 at the time but he was and is in his own little world...LOL

B: JUST egg, cheese, GF toast and COFFEE

L: chike protein coffee

D: Not a clue yet. I really need to finally cook some BBQ salmon we have in the freezer

S: PP shake with frozen fruit, cheese

White Dove
on 1/8/22 6:38 am - Warren, OH

Not me, but my mother always talked about the first time she decided to roast a chicken for dinner. She put it in the oven with no pan and after a while the entire apartment building filled up with smoke. My father was at work and he came home to a neighbor pounding on the door to tell her to turn the oven off. My father asked what the problem was and when my mother explained that she did not know the chicken should have been put in a pan, my father defended her and told the neighbor lady that his wife could cook anyway she wanted to.

In her family only her mother cooked. My mom was 25 years old when she got married and her mother told her that all she needed was a man who made enough money to buy the food and she would figure out how to cook it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

catwoman7
on 1/8/22 7:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

It's supposed to get up to a blazing 28 degrees F today before plunging back down into the teens and single digits, so today will be the day for any errands I have to do. I'm also going to make skyr (my last batch was a disaster, and I eat skyr almost every day, so it's gotta be done) and possibly the "malt loaf" I saw on the "Great British Bakeoff" because the black treacle I had to order online is supposed to arrive today (although I may hold off on this until tomorrow since it's going to be freezing - perfect day to stay home and bake!).

I managed to devour 2000 kcal yesterday, although I spent an hour on the seated elliptical at the gym and a half hour at home doing a pretty intense walking video (so more of a cross between walking and Zumba), so the damages probably weren't too bad, but I don't like eating back exercise calories (and normally don't), and also, other than some special occasion like Thanksgiving or Christmas, there is no reason for me to eat that many calories. Sheesh. I reset myfitnesspal to allow 1600 calories, because the 1400 they were recommended is pretty impossible at this point - but maybe I can work down to it. If I have a heavy exercise day, I don't get too upset if I go over by 100 calories or so, but I do NOT need to be eating 2000 calories on non-special-occasion days.

QOTD: oh there have been lots - I can't really think of one in particular, though.

B: 1/2 C protein oatmeal topped with L&F creme brulee yogurt, coffee with half & half

MS: iced latte made with Fairlife

L: a cup of the chocolate "mousse" I made out of the skyr disaster the other day (I think I may have added a drop too much of rennet - at any rate, it turned out more like cottage cheese than skyr. Skyr is way more finicky to make than Greek yogurt!!) - topped with light Cool Whip and raspberries

AS: protein bran muffin, apple if needed

D: 1 C gnocci with marinara sauce

have a great day, everyone!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 1/8/22 8:41 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ That meme made me laugh too! I hope you are able to get some relief in whatever way works for you. I have to tell you - every time you talk about your staples, I can feel them, lol!

Today we are going to the park, maybe hit a bucket of ball at the golf course and out for sushi. I forgot to thaw meat to smoke on the Traeger today, so we will do that tomorrow instead. I am going to finally take down the Xmas tree if it's the last thing I do! I want it gone. Otherwise, I'm happy with having a mellow day at home.

QOTD - Fiasco's in the kitchen? none I can remember. I worked in kitchens in my teens and 20's and I got nuttin'

accountability - there was wine and part of a Danish - WTF is wrong with me? I had leftover ham instead of sushi for dinner.

I wanted to go another week of CAMAW, but I miss veggies so I'm adding them back.

B- coffee, scrambled eggs salsa

l- sushi out with hubs - sashimi and cucumbers

d-pulled pork and coleslaw

vi****er -good

no weight today

active day no treadmill

Have a great day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Julia S.
on 1/8/22 11:52 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Love the Meme Melody, so sorry you are dealing with so much pain.

QOTD- The worst I had was when I put peanut butter cookies on the cookie sheet and forgot to use a fork to flatten them down and when I was putting it in the oven I tipped the pan so we had the bottom of the oven covered in cookies.

I got myself out and did 3 miles on the beach walk in Wailea, and I did see whales or at least their blow. So I know that they are here. It put a smile on my face and made me remember why I'm here. Beautiful cool morning and there was pretty high surf. I love that sound of the wave****ting the shore.

I played around with the serger and was trying to get the tension right, today I will hopefully finish my project. And maybe start another.

I didn't get 40 hours this week but it was better than the 12 I got last week.

I'm hoping to get out to Lahaina today, just to sit under the banyon tree and walk around.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Greateight
on 1/8/22 4:27 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

I know exactly the Banyan tree that you are talking about! I caught a striped marlin out of Lahaina and then Marilyn and our kids (only 2 then) met me for lunch at Cheeseburger in Paradise. Great day.

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 273 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 388 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 399 views
Recent Topics