What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 1/9/22 1:06 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone, hope that y'all's weekend is going well.

Yesterday just ended up being awful. I don't really want to go into why it was so cruddy. A big ugly cry was had that I still feel hung over from. Hoping today will be calmer!

The plan for the day seems to be a trip to the grocery store. Other than that not much at all planned. I may vacuum. Tomorrow I have an appointment at 8:20 and 9:20. The later I get my staples out at. Sort of looking forward to it sort of not! It'll hurt a bit. Also i'm hoping to find out what the next steps are. While the pain has slightly improved in some areas(and 1 below overall with pain meds)...some of it is worse. The left leg and hip area bother me...the numbness hurts and lots of other pain.

QOTD: During your lifetime...so far...what movie or TV show scarred you the most?

I'd say hands down The Neverending Story. Gawd I hate it! All I can say about it is the quick sand scene scarred me for life!

B: L&F yogurt, cheese stick and a chike coffee protein shake

L: Salmon and some kind of veggie

D: PP shake, frozen strawberries and bananas

S: cottage cheese with 1/3 cup canned pineapple in juice and ???

catwoman7
on 1/9/22 3:01 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

well I woke up around 4:00 am and couldn't get back to sleep, so I decided to give up and just get up.

my treacle (for the "malt loaf" I saw on the "Great British Bakeoff" and want to make) didn't arrive in the mail yesterday as planned, so I won't be making that today (shoot - it would have been a perfect day for it, too!). So...not sure what I'll be doing. Reading for sure - and maybe FINALLY getting around to doing the five or so Christmas cards that I typically send out these days, so no one thinks I kicked the bucket. I may also run up to the store later if the roads are OK. There was freezing drizzle last night, and it's only 17 degrees right now, so roads could be an issue. I should probably write down other things I need to do, because this is going to be a really busy week. Three meetings that I can think of at the moment, and my mother has four doctor's appts (she no longer drives, so I have to take her).

QOTD: can't think of anything

B: 1/2 C protein oatmeal topped with L&F creme brulee yogurt. Coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: chocolate "mousse" (made from my skyr flop from the other day) topped with light Cool Whip and raspberries

AS: protein bran muffin

D: 1/2 Impossible Burger on 1/2 slim bun

ex: I should probably do something since I took yesterday off. Resistance bands for sure - and maybe a walking/dancing video

have a great Sunday, all!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Mkess
on 1/9/22 5:33 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all!

Melody- Hope the staples come out tomorrow quickly and painlessly.

I was happy to get home yesterday. I drove home in freezing rain and navigated walking on the frozen street/sidewalk with a cane. Very happy when I got to the door.

I have a nice, relaxing day ahead of me today filled with football.

QOTD: Killer Klowns from Outer Space. A really stupid movie that should not have been shown to a 6 year old.

B: Dannon light and fit coconut yogurt, tangerine.

L: leftover chopped salad.

D: Cilantro & Lime Shrimp.

Have a good rest of the weekend everyone!

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Lisa91941
on 1/9/22 9:01 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! A relaxing day over here. Plan to work on a birthday card on my Cricut, and need to do a couple of returns. The hubs is going with me and we'll have lunch out.

Yesterday, I ate a brownie. A 290 calorie brownie. And I didn't even really enjoy it. Why? Just why?

QoTD: I remain traumatized by the flying monkeys in Wizard of Oz. When I got to see Wicked on Broadway, I almost bolted from my seat when the monkeys came out.

Menu:

B: 1/2 cranberry chicken salad

L: TBD Maybe chinese food?

D: pork tenderloin with roasted squash and carrots

S: not sure, but it won't be a brownie!

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 1/9/22 9:15 am - Warren, OH

Because I do Weigh****chers, I am "allowed" to eat the 290 calorie brownie, if I want to use up 17 points. A whole day of "normal" points for me is 29 pounds, so it would leave very little for meals if I wanted to stay in my points. I buy Fiber One brownies. They are not as delicious as the real thing, but they are 2 points. My mom took me, my sister, and my brother to see Wizard of Oz when were 4, 3, and 2.

When the monkeys came out, we all started crying. We were so loud that my mom took us out of the theater, and we went home. I don't think I saw the whole movie until it was on TV after I was grown up.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Julia S.
on 1/9/22 12:22 pm - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- Not a movie but the old TV series The Outer Limits always gave me nightmares, but I still wanted to watch it.

OK yesterdays kitchen nightmare...I decided I wanted to make some custard as I'm not really thrilled with the yogurt selection. I did remember that I had not brought any of my baking pans but thought maybe I could use the spring form pan to put the ramekins in. Well it doesn't hold water, so I had a mess all over the kitchen. The only other thing I had was the pan from my air fryer that I could get almost an inch of water in and I proceeded to dump some of it in the oven. But the custard survived and wasn't bad.

I have to say I was impressed with Targets drive up service. I ordered 2 pyrex deep baking pans and some other things and they put it all in my car totally no contact and it took less than 2 hours to have it ready. So now my custard baking should be a lot easier. I also got some pumpkin so the next batch will be pumpkin custard.

I've got my lucky Seahawks t-shirt on for the last game of the season, hoping for a win but I'm a realist. I'm also going to try to watch the Chargers. Also will go to the beach and look for whales after the game.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

White Dove
on 1/9/22 12:57 pm - Warren, OH

I would have thought the spring pan could hold water too. I use drive up service a lot. The Giant Eagle grocery store here is wonderful. I text when I am on my way and they are at my car almost the minute I pull into the parking lot. Walmart will keep you waiting forever. I never pick up from them. Watching whales is on my bucket list. Enjoy.

I have a friend who was stationed in Alaska years ago. He was walking a beach and a big black and white whale came up on the beach where he was walking. He said it probably could have caught him if it wanted to.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 439 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 374 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 104 views