What's on your Monday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/10/22 1:29 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning and Happy Monday! Hope you all had an amazing weekend. Mine was really nice and low key. Crafting, napping, cleaning...you know how I roll, lol.

The rain on Friday switched over to rain yesterday and its below freezing so it's going to be a very slippery commute. I am going to give myself a ton of time to take it slow today!

QOTD: Do you have any anti-maskers or anti-vaxxers in your close circle? I really don't have any anti-maskers in my life at all. I can't remember the last time I was in public and saw someone without a mask and I am so grateful that I live in an area where people are responsible. I have one nephew who is refusing to get the vaccine and it is causing a lot of family drama. I hope he will come around soon, because I would just feel so terrible if anything happened to him.

Food this weekend was touch and go for me. I was so far off plan on Friday that it was almost criminal. Let us never speak of it again... but the rest of the weekend was a lot better. Not perfect, but a lot better. Grim and I STILL have low grade fevers. They spike up here and there but we are mostly hovering just under 100, so I have not really exercised more than a walk or light bike ride. Samesies today, I assume.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 1/10/22 1:45 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB and wishing you a safe commute this morning!

I have two appointments today...one with the pain clinic and then my neurosurgeons NP. Getting these dang staples out! Wooo! I accidentally almost pulled out a few staples last night when changing into my sleep shirt. Lots of fun...LOL. I'm hoping to get some info on what'll happen next. It's been just about 3 weeks since surgery. I should've seen some relief by now...or should I say more relief. My pain level overall has dropped from a 8-9 to a 7-8. My tailbone and the left leg numbness is really bothering me more so than before surgery though. Sigh. I'm so tired of this ****

We'll have the kids today after school. Just for about 2-3 hours. I miss them. They are hectic little things but I do miss them if I don't see them every week. I love 'em a lot. I never miss a chance to say that I love them. Want to make sure they have an aunt like I never had. They'll always know I love them no matter what!

QOTD: I live in Texas. The reddest part of TX. I have a lot of people who deny that COVID is even real let alone that they'd never get the vaccine...or masks. We have had over 1010 deaths(I think 1022 as of Friday) from Covid. Their response? They just use it as a blanket term...they didn't really die of Covid...they just want to inflate the numbers.

It's absolutely mind numbing. This stuff isn't going to go away due to them sticking their head in the sand on a rising tide beach.

B: Cheese stick, GF waffle, JUST egg and coffee

L: PP shake with frozen banana & strawberries

D: ???

S: yogurt & ???

Maddymoe2
on 1/10/22 6:09 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Melody,

I hope your appointments go well today and you get a plan to move forward.

Melody P.
on 1/10/22 11:23 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you! It went...ok I guess. It hurt like heck to have the staples out because they had been scabbed over. Then they had to put some glue on it with some steri-strips. There is a lot of stress happening due to my neurosurgeon and my pain management clinic are fighting over my care. I've sided with my neurosurgeon but I may be "fired" from the pain clinic. I'm super stressed. My doctor is prescribing a stronger strength med and muscle relaxer. The pain clinic says not to take any other pain meds from ANYONE other than them. They are near.y useless but I will need long term care.

I'm fed up and...did I mentioned stressed? LOL

Emiepie
on 1/10/22 7:19 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm glad you are able to show so much love to the kiddos.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 1/10/22 11:23 am - Amarillo, TX

Me too! Thanks!

Partlypollyanna
on 1/10/22 2:14 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Monday! Here we go with a new week!

I had a good weekend, took a big chunk of it away from technology and read; I finished two books I had started at various points last year and about half way through one for bookclub so making good progress. I also had way to many off plan items on Friday and Saturday night. I watched the latest James Bond, No Time to Die yesterday and it was so good.

QOTD - I am lucky that most of my personal circle get it and no issues there; my extended circle definitely has some interesting choices/beliefs in it and unfortunately, my dad's sister passed away in early December from side effects from Covid and she was not vaccinated.

menu today is

coffee plus half and half X3

GF English muffin with PB

crockpot barbacoa X2 (I made this for the first time yesterday, I'll eat it but don't think I'll be making it again. I used to love chipotle's barbacoa soft tacos but since I don't eat there anymore thought I'd try my hand at it...their's was better)

built bar or yogurt

I've got my French Polynesia rowing session to get through this morning and then for my hourly bursts of exercises I'll be doing a mix of kettle bell lifts; squats and walking lunges. It is nice to move around during the day but I wonder how long it will be before I forget to turn off the camera before I start, lol).

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

KalesD
on 1/10/22 3:21 am
RNY on 09/30/20

Good Morning!

I find I do so well during the week with my eating on plan.. the designated break times really do wonders for me.. but on weekends not so good! Need to focus on weekends. My cricut came Friday.. so I spent the weekend figuring it out.. design space isn't the most user friendly program I've tried.. but practice makes perfect! This is what I made!

I'm wearing it to work today.. maybe if people see my name more often they'll spell it other ;)

QOTD: I know my boyfriends mom is not vaxxed.. we just don't talk about it.

b: fairlife latte, egg whites, salsa, avocado, cheese

s: yogurt, protein powder and blueberries

l: Mexican cauli rice with sautéed peppers and onions, ground beef, salsa and cheddar

S: babybel

d: chicken topped with mozzarella, balsamic reduction and tomato.. with steamed broccoli

Surgery 09/30/20

CW: 147.6 |SW: 221.6 |HW: 255

Learning my new normal, one day at a time.

Sheila_H
on 1/10/22 6:23 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Love the shirt!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 1/10/22 7:21 am
RNY on 08/11/14

That shirt is so cute.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 487 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 450 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 114 views
Forum Search Error & 404