What's on your Monday Menu?

Teenie
on 1/10/22 7:50 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

The Chargers loss was the only thing that got the Steelers in the Playoff's. That was a crazy game.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 1/10/22 8:38 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning and happy Monday! I had a good weekend as well. Crafted a 3 D birthday card on the Cricut, and ran out to the store for a gift to go with it and a housewarming gift as well. Seeing my friend on Saturday, and we are celebrating the new year, her birthday and her new home. Got her a super fun white wine bottle chiller, from of course Williams Sonoma. They have a bee hive theme right now and I would love to run out and replace all my dishes with it. I just think they are adorable! But then I would have to give up food for a few months to pay for it I think, Anyway, I'm passing my addiction of Williams Sonoma on to her. Poor kid. I did excellent on my food all weekend, save that damn brownie. But, I got right back in the saddle again.

Today, getting my hair done, gassing up my car and FINALLY cleaning out this one kitchen cabinet drawer that is making me crazy!!!

QoTD: We have a bit of everything in our group. The friends we hosted on Friday are somewhat anti vaxxer's, but caved to their children's hard and fast no visiting rule, and got vaccinated. We mask up when we go inside a place and welcome everyone who's been vaxxed into our home. Otherwise, we meet outside and hang out. I don't always agree with my friends, but I always respect that it's their bodies, their choices. We just take care of ourselves for now. I've got 4 young women at work *****fuse to get vaccinated and they are required to be masked all the time. I think it will be interesting if our county mandates vaccines for kids in September. They all have school age kids. Will they quit work and home school? And if our insurance rates go up for non vaccinated, those people will pay their own increase. Currently we cover all their health insurance, but I will not kill myself to make these extra payments if they won't share the responsibility.

Menu:

B: more chicken salad and cottage cheese. Need to fini**** before it spoils, and honestly, it's really yummy.

L: chorizo refried beans, some cheese and single serving bag of Quest nacho cheese chips

D: roasted chicken, sweet potatoes and Brussel sprouts.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Amy Liz
on 1/10/22 8:55 am, edited 1/10/22 1:03 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I'm glad you had a nice weekend, QJB. Drive safe today! I had a great weekend. Since football has slowed down, Rob is game to actually leave the house on the weekend for more than just a minute. We golfed, hiked, went out for sushi, cleaned the house, hung out outside and smoked some ribs on the Traeger. I took the tree down finally, shopped and ran errands. It was just nice. I also finished watching Your Honor on Showtime - anyone watch this? Wow, it's good. Oh, and the Dexter New Blood finale, wasn't sure what to expect and was surprised.

QOTD - No anti-maskers, no vocal anti-vaxxers (my blinders are on though - I just can't). All my family and friends are vaxxed. I do know more than a few people that are not vaxxed at work because they caught covid early/pre vaccine and I don't think they really understand how it works. A couple of them ended up getting vaxxed at the thought of having to continue wearing a mask when the mandate was lifted before or at testing weekly. Good. The more protection the better. I just think of all the elderly and compromised people who are in danger - do your part!

Accountability - TJ's Omega trail mix - I love this stuff and ate a ton.

B- coffee, eggbeater casserole, turkey sausage

l-smoke turkey, lettuce wraps w/pickle and chipotle aioli

d-carnitas, cheddar cheese, hot sauce

s- HB egg

751/74

vi****er - great

Exercise - Hiked Switzerland mountains this morning - straight upward- so beautiful! I never would have gone in person though as some of the trail is so close to the edge of shear drop - nope.

weight 219.5

Have a fabulous day!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

momyshaver
on 1/10/22 12:51 pm
VSG on 06/28/17

QOTD - I feel like I know so many people who have a huge spectrum of beliefs. I have lost friends to this virus and it is so incredibly sad. I have friends who are nurses who I trust to tell me the truth about what they are seeing bedside. I see the divides happening in families and long time friends and what this is doing to our already fractured country. We are 2 years into this and from the inklings late 2019 I knew this would be life changing but this has just changed everything. I am health compromised and I don't leave my home often, even canceling needed medical appointments due to fear borderlining on agoraphopia. I am working on it. I live in a red state and when I go out I feel ostrasized for masking. Like they think I am brainwashed and ignorant. I feel like - what in the world does it hurt to put on a mask if there is any chance it might help someone? I just try to keep to myself at home and my friends online. Even online I see fractures in shared beliefs and it is so sad to me more than anything.

I am working on staying consistent with my vitamins to continue to reverse my malnutrition. I had some PP in my coffee this morning and some oatmeal just now. I am going to try to eat something light for dinner but nothing sounds good. My feeding pump has been acting weird so I haven't been able to be as consistent as I should but I am making an effort to do even a little better each day than the day before, if that makes sense. Self care is really difficult for me but I am doing what I can. I do check in with my therapist by phone when I really need to, probably not often enough but I feel life is just really hard for so many people right now. I would like to work on trying to go out more but I really feel like it just isn't safe right now. It annoys my partner a bit, I think, but I really feel strongly about this. He is diabetic anyways and with the ways this new variant is infecting so many people and making underlying health conditions worse I feel very protective of him. I know he thinks I worry too much but I have been very concerned about this since before news broke mainstream and through all of it my fears have been founded, so I don't think it has been me being overly anxious especially considering how many people have died. The denial and strange behaviors and beliefs around this virus have just blown my mind. My kids, my cats and my chickens help keep me grounded lol - and Jordan Peterson's motivational talks, (for when I am wallowing in my own self pity lol). Anyways, it is good to see familiar and new posters. Here is to trudging through what we will be collectively facing in 2022.

catwoman7
on 1/10/22 4:20 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

glad to see you back!!

I think it's terrible when people are ostracized for wearing masks. I fortunately never see that here because pretty much everybody masks, but I've heard lots of stories like yours. How do these people know that someone wearing a mask isn't a chemo patient, or who is otherwise immunocompromised? (and some of them very likely are!). That is just awful!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/10/22 7:25 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Late, late post. It is 5 here in Oahu so 10 in New England. Hawaii is just amazing. We were in Honolulu/Waikiki for the first 2 days and on the North Shore of Oahu for the last 2 (and for most of the rest of the month except for side trips to Maui and Kauai). It is such an amazing difference between Honolulu and here. All I can say is that the beauty is just awe-inspiring. We took a couple of great hikes in Honolulu including Diamond Head. We have had a couple of really nice morning hikes along the water here in Turtle Bay. The waves have been amazingly huge since we got here (20+ feet), so the ocean is really majestic.

Today we went to the Dole Plantation and in the afternoon sat on a beach in Waimea watching those incredible waves (no swimming allowed). Tomorrow we go to Pearl Harbor which I really wanted to do.

QOTD: No anti-vaxxers, or anti-maskers in my immediate group and even amongst my far-flung FB friends (except for one that I am aware of). I had Covid pre-vaccine and have been fully vaxxed and boosted. And I am wearing a mask indoors these days. So many of my friends and acquaintances are getting it now even if vaxxed that it is better safe than sorry. Mike and I both had mild cases of Covid originally so I wouldn't be surprised if we got it but stayed asymptomatic. Since I have family members with compromised immune systems we did several at-home tests over the holidays before getting together with people.

TSS: 5 years, 10 months

B: Coffee!!! Egg and cheese on 1/2 English muffin

L: Dole whip and pineapple ()

D: Garlic shrimp from a food truck (many of them around here)

S: nut thins and cottage cheese, wine

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 506 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 420 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 205 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?