What's on your Monday Menu?

Maddymoe2
on 1/10/22 4:45 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Good morning and happy Monday! It's going to be a great week. I was so happy that I was able to leave my house yesterday and get out of the driveway and back in. The snow is melting. It was so sunny and beautiful yesterday. The sun felt so good. It's was like Mother Nature giving me some free Prozac!

QOTD- I live in a county that has a 30% vaccination rate. We do have people that refuse to wear masks around our town. I have a cousin that I was used to be very close with and she and her family are refusing to get vaccinated. The sad thing is her son had leukemia when he was 2. Science literally saved her son's life, but she doesn't believe in science. It has affected my relationship with her. I don't hang out with her, nor do I have her in my home.

Food plan for today-

Fairlife Caramel protein shake ( so good!)

Fairlife Caramel protein shake

Burger in a bowl ( JB was talking about how she and Grim air fry their burgers. I tried it last night and it was so good. This will now be my go to)

Lots of water and hot tea. Have a great day everyone.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/10/22 4:51 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I will have to look for the caramel fair life protein shakes!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 1/10/22 5:10 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I picked some up the other day at Costco - they're pretty good!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Maddymoe2
on 1/10/22 6:11 am
RNY on 11/22/16

Jen,

I found them at Costco. I mixed it with cold brew coffee over ice. I really enjoyed it!

Teenie
on 1/10/22 7:29 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I picked them up at Sam's club.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 1/10/22 5:10 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we didn't do much this weekend - although I started reading "The Least of Us" by Sam Quinones yesterday and am really hooked (it's a follow up to his book a few years ago - "Dreamland" - which was about the OxyContin and heroin epidemic. This new one focuses on meth and fentanyl. So interesting!). This week will be really busy (for a retiree) - I have several meetings and I have to drive my mom to a bunch doctor's appts (four this week - all on different days - yikes!). Plus I want to continue to watch the Halderson murder trial - but I'll probably have to watch the recordings at night or whenever I have a free window of time, since I won't be able to watch it for more than an hour or two live.

I just submitted my request to register for classes this spring. I'm only considering online classes again because of omicron. Plus with spring semester classes, you have to worry about two months' worth of potentially bad weather to boot. No thanks. I'd rather take them from my bed or couch.

other than that, this morning is my first meeting of a new book discussion group I signed up for - one on children's and young adult literature. Should be great!

eating has been great the last two or three days. I decided to change my daily calories in myfitnesspal to 1600 rather than the 1400 they recommended. I'm finding it MUCH easier to stay on track now. I think 1400 just seemed so difficult for me that I threw my arms up and constantly went over. I'm pretty active and have a muscular build, so I should be able to still lose weight at 1600 calories - albeit slowly. But we'll see. I can always readjust later if that's not the case. But at least for now, this will get me back on the straight and narrow.

QOTD: I don't know anyone who's not vaxxed and doesn't mask. My county is the third highest in the nation when it comes to vax rates, and it's very unusual to see anyone around here without a mask on. Thank God.

B: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: will probably take a protein shake or a protein latte to the book discussion group

L: protein bran muffin

AS: L&F yogurt - and maybe a skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: I'm making lasagna - we have leftover lasagna noodles from Christmas, and I made a disaster pot of skyr the other day - turned out more like cottage cheese than yogurt - so I'm going to use that instead of ricotta. Along with some turkey sausage and a limited amount of cheese. So a small piece of that.

ex: some kind of cardio. I'm avoiding the gym for a awhile, so I'll do some youtube dance/walking video.

have a great day, everyone!

ecm1109
on 1/10/22 7:04 am

I just finished reading Dopesick and watched the limited series on Hulu. It is so sad how big pharma just ravaged some communities. I will have to check out the Quinones book

catwoman7
on 1/10/22 4:09 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I've been meaning to read Dopesick, too - thanks for the prompt!! I'll put a hold on it at the library right now!

Emiepie
on 1/10/22 5:21 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- I can't believe you guys are still spiking fevers, I hope you're back to normal soon. My weekend was good, I had a nice quiet day at home yesterday and never left the house.

QOTD: I see so many out without masks but not really in my direct circle. As far as vaccines, my sister and family haven't and don't plan on it and also one coworker.

TSS: 7 years and 4 months

B: SF latte, orange, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Tuna packet, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Legendary protein pastry, an apple and yogurt

D: Shredded pork, broccoli and cheese sauce, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1321 Protein:112 Carbs:144 Fat:41

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 1/10/22 5:37 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good Monday to everyone. I'm entering into my last week of winter break before spring semester begins. The weekend was decent and I was active despite blac**** trying to ruin my party. I almost slipped at Starbucks' parking lot yesterday and my cane caught the pavement as I was halfway down.

QOTD: I don't have any anti-vaxxers in my inner circle. However, I do have people I've know for years that are imbeciles. I've lost a certain amount of respect for these people.

B: Dannon Light and fit coconut yogurt, tangerine.

L: Cilantro Lime Shrimp with avocado.

D: 2 Chicken skewers.

Tomorrow, I'm venturing out to Rockford to see an ailing friend if the weather cooperates. I'm looking forward to seeing her and getting out of dodge albeit it a day.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics