What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Sheila_H
on 1/11/22 8:01 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Happy to hear everybody is on the other side of the curve. Still take care, I hear some people deal with long term side effects.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Theduffman27
on 1/11/22 8:53 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Thank you, hoping I do not jinx myself

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Emiepie
on 1/11/22 5:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! JB- stay warm! I found out yesterday that my sister, BIL and nephew all tested positive for Covid but luckily their symptoms are subsiding.

QOTD: a new treadmill. Mine works well I just would love one with all the bells and whistles.

TSS: 7 years 4 months

B: SF latte, orange, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Tuna packet, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Quest bar, Parm crisps, an apple and yogurt

D: Shredded pork, broccoli and cheese sauce, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1431 Protein:126 Carbs:152 Fat:45

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 1/11/22 6:00 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

all we have on tap for today is a hair appt at 3:00 this afternoon. Otherwise, I'll be watching the ongoing murder trial, which I'm completely engrossed in.

I'm so tired of doing youtube walking videos and would really prefer to go to a Zumba class this morning, but I'm just not sure. It's all seniors since it's at 9:30 am, and everyone masks, and it's never very crowded, but still, part of me is thinking I should avoid anything unnecessary until we're on the downside of this thing - which hopefully won't be too long (I know this current wave wasn't very long-lasting in some other countries). What to do - what to do. I love my senior strength-training class (at noon), but I'll skip. I have my own resistance tubes now, so I can do all the exercises at home - while in front of my laptop watching the murder trial!

we had our first meeting of the children's/young adult book discussion group yesterday morning, and I think I'm going to love it. The people there (there are five of us) seem really fun. The leader LOVES baking, though - and brought a bunch of cookies to the meeting. No one ate any, so she sent us all home with some. DH said they were wonderful - and I'm sure they were, but this could be a challenge. She said she's obsessed with baking and will bring things to every meeting. Cripes. Of course, I went home after the meeting and made a "malt loaf", after it was featured on "The Great British Bakeoff" and had a piece last night. Fortunately, I didn't have any cookies as well yesterday, so I didn't blow it too badly, but still, I don't really need to have a malt loaf lying around here. They last for several days, so I'll find ways to get rid of at least some of it. I'm sure my mother and MIL would love a few pieces, for example...

QOTD: this is only indirectly related, but I love purses (like some people love shoes), so I'm always picking them up at thrift stores. I've also purchased a few on eBay. It's gotten to the point where I can't go on eBay anymore or wander by the purse section at thrift stores, because I know I'll spot one that I'll think I can't possibly live without. Luckily, since they're secondhand, I never pay much for them, but seriously - I have enough purses to last for three life times. I was "chatting" with one of the vendors on eBay whom I bought a purse from recently. All she sells is purses. I told her that actually would be a great "career" for me since I own and buy so many - I could start selling them on eBay. She said that is EXACTLY why she started doing it! She's an elementary school teacher and has a purse obsession, so she started selling them on eBay for some extra income. Hmmm...

B: chocolate "mousse" (made from my disastrous skyr from the other day and protein powder). Coffee with half & half (already had that)

MS: I don't really need any more protein today, so I may just have some sugar free/fat free hot chocolate and throw my daily Miralax in there

L: protein bran muffin

AS: a piece of that malt loaf and maybe a Baby Bel

D: chicken lasagna

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 1/11/22 7:09 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I collect purses as well . Mostly from the 50's and 60's. Most are Bakelite and Lucite. I probably have over 50. I do not display them anymore since I moved to this house. If you are interested I'll pull them out and take photos. Just let me know.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 1/11/22 4:32 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

oh wow - if you get the time and inclination, I'd love to see a few photos of them!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Lisa91941
on 1/11/22 6:28 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! At my desk watching my first 60 emails download. Looks to be a busy day. Yay. I did great on food yesterday and got the two main kitchen drawers that have been making me crazy cleaned out and organized. Love that. Today is all work, all day and not much after.

QoTD: Currently waiting on delivery of a new Breville Smart Oven Pro with air fryer built in. Yes I had a toaster oven. Yes, I had an air fryer. But I've been wanting to combine since I saw these, and then my neighbor got one and I got to see it in action. So yeah, hello Williams Sonoma again. But everyone decided they needed one of these, and they are on back order until February or so. Making me sad that I gifted my original two away already, but on the flip side, I am loving the wide open counter space.

Menu:

B: the very last of the chicken salad and some cottage cheese

L: lots of left over options this week. I cooked and then meal prepped all weekend. I think I will go with the last of the chorizo refried beans so I can use up the bit of avocado before it spoils.

D: I have no idea! I just realized I forgot to take something out of the freezer. Boo hiss.

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Melody P.
on 1/11/22 6:50 am - Amarillo, TX

Ohhh I'm jelly about the breville! I would be stoked about it too!

Sheila_H
on 1/11/22 7:45 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Lisa,

Fellow WS addict here. DH was at Best Buy 3-4 days ago and sent me the pic of the Breville airfryer...so they have it there if you don't wanna wait for WS. I am tempted to buy it too, but I have never had or used an airfryer. I have the regular Breville toaster oven and honestly use it more than my regular oven. Should I drool after the new model? I feel like I'm behind with the airfryer craze.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Lisa91941
on 1/11/22 8:04 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! When I check Best Buy last week, they were also out of stock! I love my little toaster oven and I love my little air fryer, but the air fryer basket was just two small to make more than a few ounces of meat or so. I wanted a bigger option, but not give up counter space. The Breville has great reviews, and my neighbors love it.

I'm telling you Sheila, pop a few TJ's dumplings in there, or reheat pizza on air fry, or sizzle up some potatoes...I make a great low carb chicken tender. I truly like cooking in both the air fryer and like you, I use my toaster oven all the time. I'd start drooling if I were you, but if you want to wait until I break mine in and can give you some feedback -- I could totally understand that! And then they'll be back in stock!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 357 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 386 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 32 replies · 164 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 477 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 395 views
Recent Topics