Reached out...

Juanita52
on 1/17/22 10:01 am

So I've been busy this morning. I've reached out to the dieticians at St. Vincent in Carmel, Indiana and am awaiting a return call from them. I have also joined the support group that meets online tonight actually from St. Vincent. I have also emailed the head of the support group and asked for the dieticians email. I have also emailed the insurance company and asked if I can get my vitamins and B12 OTC somehow. We will see what happens there. I don't have a job currently so paying for them is an issue.

HW: 315 GW: 150 CW: about 230 (I don't have scales)

sweetpotato1959
on 1/17/22 11:10 am

Juanita52,

Congratulations, you have recognized your problem and are beginning a journey to health. That journey is what has bought many of us to this site.Te important thing is for you to focus on you and what you can do currently.. Having adequate support for this journey is vital to success.

B-12 is available OTC in B complex sublingual.it is less than 5$ per months supply.( dollar gen- wally world) if you now you are known-low i would use only the sublingual form bec. the gastric juices destroy much of vitamins in stomach..it IS the one i use. I would also take milk thistle to assist the liver to excrete and cleanse.

also look at and begin to do intermittent fasting...start with elongating your time between meals...then making your span of eating more compact... My hubs had 30 # to loose and has lost a pants size using this.. It also stops plateauing of many diets, by varying the length of time between the last meal of one day and the first meal of another.. There are several doctors on you tube with information re: this way of eating , and beneficial aspects.

Denise
Juanita52
on 1/17/22 11:44 am

I know that I can get B12 OTC but will my insurance cover it because I have no money. My insurance will cover things like Weigh****chers and Planet Fitness...so I am hoping that it will cover both my multi vitamins and B12.

sweetpotato1959
on 1/17/22 1:59 pm

Juanita52,

All i know about you , is in this post.and your update re:restarting weight loss. consider intermittent fasting as a way of eating. what you do have to eat..this method puts all food intake in a 4-12 hour window. and can be varied daily. it has helped my hubs to minimize plateau's - if he does not see weight loss in a few days straight- he will do a longer fast.changing his time from a 12 hour fast to a 16 hour fast for 2 days. then go back to his normal 12 hour...and viola his weight loss restarts.

... i have not seen any other posts by you i can remember,so do not know where you are in your journey to good health... Hang in there you can do this. and >>YOU ARE WORTH the effort.

I am an old weight loss surgery recipient...25 years ago..I had a precourser to several of the surgeries done now.. a gastric bypass on steroids..

.. I have also been without money -and did not have medical insurance to cover anything.. I would keep on working on that, and see if you can get someone... like a dear family member or friend -to get you the B complex that has all of your B vitamins in a single dropperful.there is enough in a single bottle to last 30 days.

... B vitamins are water soluble and most likely to be low , B vitamins also help with carb cravings....this would get you started while waiting on their approval.I would not tell them i had gotten from a friend. Hope this helps give you some more things to consider.

Juanita52
on 1/17/22 12:25 pm

Well I heard back from the dietician and she said to not do the liquids today and asked what I had on hand to eat and we picked from that. I also am getting updated info sent to me and have a follow up appt in three weeks with her and then every two weeks for a while until I start losing weight again.

hollykim
on 1/18/22 8:56 am, edited 1/18/22 12:56 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On January 17, 2022 at 6:01 PM Pacific Time, Juanita52 wrote:

So I've been busy this morning. I've reached out to the dieticians at St. Vincent in Carmel, Indiana and am awaiting a return call from them. I have also joined the support group that meets online tonight actually from St. Vincent. I have also emailed the head of the support group and asked for the dieticians email. I have also emailed the insurance company and asked if I can get my vitamins and B12 OTC somehow. We will see what happens there. I don't have a job currently so paying for them is an issue.

insurance won?t cover those vits PRECISELY BECAUSE they ARE available over the counter.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 362 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 246 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 387 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 479 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 398 views
Recent Topics