What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Greateight
on 1/18/22 5:47 am, edited 1/17/22 10:29 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

I was watching the wedding ceremony on Sunday, and it occurred to me: as the spouse of an out of state, non-age matching cousin on the groom's side, I am the single least important person in the room.

Think about it. First there is the wedding couple, then the wedding party, then the couples friend's, then the couples parents, everybody working in the room is serving some sort of vital function: photographers, videographers, priests, chefs, bartenders, etc. Nobody is going to jettison the guy making the appetizers to keep Jim. After that come the aunts and uncles, old friends and neighbors, parent's friends.

Finally, come cousins. And unless the individual cousin happens to cross over into the friend group, cousins will always be the last invites into a wedding. Every couple groans at the cost of inviting them as the mother of the bride's sisters steel themselves to declare a holy war if all their children and their spouses are not invited.

Of course, it's axiomatic that the groom's guests are less important than the bride's guests.

Fortunately, these types of celebrations no longer involve human sacrifice, because if they did, I would no doubt be the one ceremonially tressed and pitched into a volcano.

Anyways, it was a lovely ceremony.

I started looking into the hotel for the OH conference. And when I say "started looking", I mean scrunched up my eyes and tried to read the labels on the wine bottles from the hotel bar on the Hilton website. I will do more this week.

QOTD: cold tap water

We got home late last night, so my menu is up in the air today.

Breakfast: Chaffle

Lunch: Mahi burger

Dinner: Big question mark.

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Lisa91941
on 1/18/22 6:29 am
RNY on 10/29/19

All alone in my big office with no other co-workers yet...laughing at full volume. I chuckled at the sacrifice comment, roared at the wine label comment. That's a great way to start a day.

lmfontana4
on 1/18/22 2:46 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

He is pretty witty. Jim's posts are usually laugh worthy!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Amy Liz
on 1/18/22 10:19 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I'm booked for the OH conference! Rob is on the fence, but I'm going either way.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

Teenie
on 1/18/22 3:03 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I'm always the one invited just because I had to be. And we got married in Vegas so we are not obligated to go to most weddings. If you book the Hilton like Lisa and I make sure you let them know you want to be near us.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 1/18/22 3:12 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Do I just say that I want to be with the OH people?

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Sheila_H
on 1/18/22 6:09 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

To answer Jen's question, no tacos for us tonight. DH asked for it but I get tired of having taco every Tue; and funny thing is if I make tacos any other day of the week it seems sacrilege. "It's not Tue, why are we having tacos? "

Yesterday I did my first jog, since all the rains started before the holidays, back in my beloved woods. It felt so good to be jogging on a soft path instead of hard pavement. But I must have run more enthusiastically than normal because this morning I was limping. I use custom made ortho insoles for my plantar fasciitis, and just before the holidays I ordered a pair of new ones through the podiatrist office. I have a feeling they made my arch support a little bit higher than the previous one and my foot is not comfortable. I'll give it a couple of more tries before I go back to the dr's office for them to shave it down a bit.

QOTD: living where there is no real winter I LOVE winter. I love snow, waking up to the silence and all white scenery, the crisp air, having to snuggle under the blankets, sweaters, boots, coats...oh so many coats, hats, gloves, scarves. I don't like shoveling snow, but I love skiing.

My meals yesterday:

• B: protein coffee
  • L: protein puffs + epic chicken
  • S: Premier protein + iced coffee
  • D: hb eggs + tuna pouch
  • E: 5 miles jog

Happy Taco Tue!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Christina135
on 1/18/22 6:12 am

Mernin' errybody, happy Taco Tuesday!

QOTD - I am not a fan of winter. I am not built for the cold, there's a reason I live in South Texas. To avoid the cold. That being said, I like that it helps keep fleas at bay.

Breakfast - black coffee

Lunch - Hoping for Greek at a local place, they do a really good vegetarian patty, I can get salad and fries on side.

Dinner - chickpea salad, with some crackers

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Lisa91941
on 1/18/22 6:39 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! No tacos for me either today. I survived a Monday with the grands and lived to tell about it. They kept me busy, plus I spent all afternoon in the kitchen making chili and chicken stew (not in the same pot) as prep work for the week and camping. I'm happy to have lots of options this week both here at work all pre portioned and ready, as well as some easy meals to put out for dinner for my Dad, hubs and myself.

Work looks crazy today. I do love that. After work, I have a facial to look forward too, and waxing to not look forward too and then a nice hot shower and off to the RV to see Dad. Should be a good day.

QoTD: I love wearing sweaters and watching rain.

Menu:

B: parm roasted chicken leg w/ 1/3 c cottage cheese

L: chicken artichoke stew

D: probably just jerky and Whisps while I hustle through the shower and a quick blow dry before heading the to RV park.

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Teenie
on 1/18/22 6:39 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

The roads are cleared off today so it was an easy ride into work. I have nothing going on besides work and maybe a meal prep for tomorrows dinner. Hopefully it will be a nice calm day.

I did book a room for OH conference. It was a no brainer since there is no penalties for backing out . But I am pretty sure I will be there since it is close to my besties home. I may take the whole week and spend time with her before the conference. I may even try to get tickets for the Price is Right while I am out there. I have to look into that today. Hope to meet a bunch of you it will be awesome.

QOTD: The first snow of the year is pretty and I can wear my cowboy boots. I'm really not a fan after that.

Accountability: I had peanuts and Keto Granola I got at Sam's it is high in calories so you really have to monitor the serving size.

TSS: 4 years 1 month 7 days: 142.4LBS, (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

MS: Oikos Salted Caramel triple zero Greek yogurt and berries

CB: Coffee with SF CM Pumpkin spice creamer

L.2 crockpot pizza and snack select

D:left over meatloaf, wings and miso honey roasted cabbage.

Exercise: 1/2 hour treadmill (Done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 3x a week

Everybody Have a great day.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 396 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 243 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 125 views
Recent Topics