What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 1/25/22 1:25 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Morning Gang! I shuffled through work yesterday still feeling a little blah but I made it though. But last night I was as tired as I have ever been, so by 7pm I called it, and just went up to bed. I had a few starts and stops but I managed to sleep until 4am! 9 hours for the win!

QOTD: What is an interesting book you have read lately (or ever)? I have recommended this book to a bunch of people lately - The Midnight Library by Matt Haig. It's a quick and easy read, but the content is deep. The summary says it "ponders the infinite possibilities of life" and it delivers! I really recommend it to all of you!

It's possible that I ate only ate half of what I brought with me to work, then had a big handful Cheez-its for "dinner" before I collapsed and went to bed. I am copying yesterday's menu and trying again today.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Partlypollyanna
on 1/25/22 3:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Yesterday was as long as I expected and today I start with a 530 meeting before my early pilates class, but I have book club this evening so looking forward to that. Our book for this month was House in the Cerulean Sea which I really enjoyed.

QOTD - I liked The Midnight Library, definitely aligns to my way of thinking and believing that you need to focus on being the positive change you want to see in your life vs wishing that life away waiting for things to change. We certainly don't control everything but we do control our approach (see all Man's Search for Meaning by Victor Frankel, or Pollyanna by Eleanor Porter).

In addition to Cerulean Sea and Midnight Library, another one that I found interesting was the Ken Follet book Never, it's essentially a modern re-telling of how we could end up in WWIII just through a few small issues. A bit on the nose if you look at the news these days but it was interesting.

Given it's only Tuesday, I feel it's a bad sign I'm already thinking I didn't do enough prep for my meals this week.

Menu

Greek Yogurt

Cheese stick and pistachios

Olive bites

built bar or protein hot chocolate

I'll get in my pilates class and if they are right about the snow today, I'll get to shovel a few times, we'll see. If no shoveling, I might add the elliptical too.

Have a terrific Tuesday everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 1/25/22 3:56 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. I'm coming off a crappy day yesterday. I felt really awful. I think I had a small stomach bug and then the effects of the douche bags across the street making drugs Sunday night. The pain was also really bad.

Speaking of the D-bag neighbor and unmarked police car and a marked police car parked in the street yesterday in front of our house into the next house. Well they went over to the guys house and of course he wasn't home. I'm glad they are least interested, we'll see what comes now. The unmarked car was a narcotics detective(it said on his uniform).

I do have some questions in case some of you might know what the heck it means. I had lab work done at my appointment yesterday. Here are some of the results...from what I've researched it means my kidneys might be in bad shape?

QOTD: not a lot. I'm reading "the obesity code". It's really interesting so far. It makes sense to me on many levels.

B: JUST egg, 2 ozs breakfast sausage, 1/2 tsp pure maple syrup coffee x2

L: PP shake with frozen strawberries

D: no clue yet...maybe something smoked

S: kielbasa link, veggie puffs and maybe a banana...oh and it could also be a atkins coffee shake...not sure yet.

Partlypollyanna
on 1/25/22 4:55 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Definitely talk to your doctor/health care team but I have been told that high protein diets are harder on kidneys so it's not unusual to see higher range of readings so I wouldn't run to kidney failure just yet. (Also, randomly, they cause more calculus on your teeth too which I found fascinating).

Folate I think is only an issue if you also have low B, which can be an issue for post ops but outside of that all I know is we add folic acid to bread to help reduce neural tube defects in babies.

Hopefully, your doctor can address any concerns!

Jen

Melody P.
on 1/25/22 6:02 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! The thing that was in my mind is kidney issues run in my family. My grandma, great and great great grandma all had issues.

I'm sure it's nothing but I should hear back soon about it.

Christina135
on 1/25/22 6:38 am

Excellent read Mel!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Sheila_H
on 1/25/22 6:56 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I love Dr Fung and his books. He has a lot of YouTube mini seminars too.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Mkess
on 1/25/22 5:01 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Tuesday!

I went through quite the ordeal yesterday getting my rear ended car to the shop while coordinating getting my father to the pulmonologist. I ended up getting both towed to their respective locations. I count yesterday as a big win since I accomplished my goals, ate successfully, and didn't fall in the slush/snow.

QOTD: "Chicago" by David Mamet. Nothing Earth shattering but a good fiction about early 1900s Chicago mob \ brothel.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut, Tangerine.

L: Greenridge naturals ham.

D: Light Caesar Salad Kit.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Partlypollyanna
on 1/25/22 5:13 am
RNY on 02/14/18

That seems like a day of winning for a cold and snowy Monday!

Jen

Emiepie
on 1/25/22 5:13 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Well, yesterday was a bit crazy at work with a follow up meeting sometime today so I'm anxious to get the day started.

QOTD: It's been over a year so I need to get to it.

TSS: 7 years 5 months

B: SF latte, orange, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Chicken salad made with canned chicken, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Trader Joe's turkey burger, cauliflower with cheese, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1428 Protein:114 Carbs:145 Fat:49

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 287 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics