What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Christina135
on 1/25/22 6:44 am, edited 1/24/22 10:44 pm

Mernin' all, happy Taco Tuesday!

QOTD - I'm currently reading "The Body Is Not an Apology" by Sonya Renee Taylor. Whew. It's amazing. 10 minutes in, she's describing a scenario I was way too familiar with and I was hooked. Right now I'm in the part about radical self-love, and it's hard reading it, but I think right now I need to read it if that makes sense?

Breakfast- fasting, so hot black coffee

Lunch - thinking pizza and a salad

Dinner - heading to a local BBQ place, called Pinkerton's (hubs fave) and meeting a couple of friends there. I will be having sides, eating around the meats. This place is one of Texas's top 50 BBQ places. We have the kids, and my BFF Veronica will have her daughter there. Good food, good conversation.

I hope you all have a great day!

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Partlypollyanna
on 1/25/22 7:23 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Sometimes books like that happen; they can make you dis-comfortable but for good long term outcomes.

Banana's foster pudding, yum. I would make someone order that so I could have a bite.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 1/25/22 8:59 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I agree with need to read hard personal things - it helps get you to the other side.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Teenie
on 1/25/22 7:02 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Queen JB and Menuers,

Queen JB glad you got a good nights rest and hope your feeling better today.

I got nothing going on today but I do want to run to Bath and Body works because I am out of wallflowers and I need to pick some up instead of having the empty ones hanging on the wall.

The news this morning was going on and on about the cold and Blac**** to the point I was a bit nervous for the ride in. It's about 25 miles but all highway so about 25 minutes max. As I get going I realize the roads were fine and there was no reason for worry. I wonder why they try to scare people like that.

QOTD: I am really not a reader but have been diving on to some spiritual literature lately. I may try the midnight Library since it is an easier read. It might be the book I need for my flight to Florida. Thank you for the suggestion.

Accountability: Small amount of Granola and a few peanuts 1 Pizzella with Coconut whipped topping.

TSS: 4 years 1 month 14 days: 142.8LBS, (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF CM cinnamon roll creamer

MS: Light and Fit Crème Brulee Greek yogurt and berries

CB: Coffee with SF Cinnamon roll CM creamer

L.2 Eggwich and snack select

D: Meatloaf mashed heart of Palm and cauliflower

Exercise: 1/2 hour treadmill (Done)

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 1x a week

Everybody Have a great day.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 1/25/22 7:36 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Drive careful!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lmfontana4
on 1/25/22 9:15 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Hi Chrissy,

Here is the information I wrote about yesterday. I hope it doesn't sound preachy because I am definitely not. I just wanted to share the information that I learned throuigh my certification course hoping it can help you and others in the maintenance phase. I am getting closer to that phase and would love any helpful hints as I progress there. Everyone of you in the maintenance phase on this site are experts in so many ways.

Fermented dairy products such as yogurt, kefir, milk drinks and cheeses, and fermented soy products such as miso change the gut microbiota for a beneficial profile that increases changes in energy availability. The changes in energy availability are a mechanism associated with the microbiota. These changes could be related to the modifications of brown fat activity (brown fat burns calories naturally, helps control hunger, regulated blood sugar, increases metabolic rate). It is known that weight loss and its maintenance are connected to the increase of circulating bile acids and actions of different receptors in the body, in humans this depends on foods and microbiota. Probiotics can modulate the dynamics of lipids in the postprandial period (after eating). Some foods are known prebiotics that increase the beneficial microbiota. Fermented dairy and soy products like pickles or sauerkraut are probiotics. You can also consume probiotics through supplementation.

One other thing to consider is that 6 months post-op the medical community considers the bariatric surgical patient to now be a medical bariatric patient. Therefore, it is important for us to lean on medical bariatricians for support (your surgical office may have this option-mine does). Research indicates that the patient who has had WLS and experiences weight stagnation or weight regain should not wait to ask for medical support for weight maintenance or weight loss related to regained weight. There are medications with good safety profiles that can assist with snacking behavior, appetite control, and assist with weight loss or maintenance. Furthermore, seeking medical assistance or a referral to a dietician may assist with accountability and compliance.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Teenie
on 1/25/22 12:24 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Thank you this really will help.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 1/25/22 7:04 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Ok, this day is starting off with a bang and my blood pressure is way up. Not to worry, we shall fall back, meet with the teams, regroup and conquer. But I see a lot of wrangling in my day.

Great, great day off yesterday. There was a tiny bit of grocery shopping, a lot of reading in the sunshine, a nap and a long walk with the dogs. I was starving all day though, so there were also added in snacks. Two of them might have been chocolate.

QoTD: I just mentioned I was reading The only woman in the room. Clearly I did not read the jacket cover because I should have know who the woman was, but I was blown away by it in the story. I had to keep double checking that it did say it was based on a true story. While it is a bit of a romance novel in the way the first few chapters were written, I'm hooked.

Menu:

B: left over half of cheese burger inners and a bit of acorn squash

L: left over pork chop, avo and red onions

D: don't know. We are going out.

Peace Everybody. Send good thoughts my way I don't axe murder any of my employees today!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Emiepie
on 1/25/22 9:03 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope your work drama is resolved easily.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 1/25/22 7:11 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

QOTD: I think QJB or somebody else had recommended this book to me because I had the Midnight library on my to-read list and lo and behold I finished it recently. From the blurbs I thought it's a book about possibilities and how you could have lived a different life. So I went into it thinking about my life and the forks where I could have made a different decision. But as Jen mentioned, it's more about outlook on what you have and look at it positively to make the changes in your present life. I really really liked it and I have been recommending it left and right to everybody. Other than that, since the movie Dune came out I've been hooked on the whole Dune series books and reading through all of them. And The House of Gucci which is more detailed than the movie with lady Gaga.

My meals yesterday:

• B: protein coffee
  • L: chomp stick + protein puff
  • S: iced coffee + PP
  • D: grilled chicken & mixed veggies
  • E: 5 miles jog

Happy Taco Tue!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?