What's on your Thursday Menu?

Amy Liz
on 1/27/22 8:46 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Those are some serious hours, JB! Take care of yourself, please. I don't know what to say about my staff person. Even after yesterday, (which was not fun) the first thing she said to me this morning was an inappropriate comment/complaint about a co-worker. She doesn't understand that she is creating the very situation she is complaining about. She has a hard time adjusting to change and there has been a lot lately. She will settle down eventually. Other than that, life has been quite mellow.

QOTD - I hate real mail, unless it's a package! I'm mostly paperless, but still get some things snail. I just put it in my purse and go through it at work - most of it is shredded. Anything important I file when I get home.

Accountability - wine

B- coffee, eggbeater casserole, cheddar cheese

l- tuna, light mayo, balsamic vinegar and tomato

d- the LAST of the pork butt w/ cheese

794/80

e-Yoga + stretch. I love my stretch strap. It allows me to push harder, go further and get more relief in my low back and hips - it's a miracle. I was really into it this morning and ran out of time for resistance so I will do that tonight.

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

lmfontana4
on 1/27/22 8:58 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I am late to the curb-side pickup or home delivery of groceries. I go the the store each week, before I go I ask everyone in the family if they need anything. Typically, a day later I hear "when are you going to the store again?" because the dummies can't think ahead. I finally used the curbside pickup for items that weren't on my first list and it was pretty convenient. Maybe you could give that a try. Use your lunch break to order your groceries, then do a curbside pickup after work. It may save you some time. Or even better have them delivered directly to your house!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

White Dove
on 1/27/22 1:05 pm - Warren, OH

I have been doing curbside and home delivery since the beginning of the pandemic. Sometimes I go into a grocery store now with my mask and hand sanitizer. The bad thing about going inside is smelling the freshly baked goods from the bakery and seeing all kinds of things that I would never think to buy when I order online.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lmfontana4
on 1/27/22 9:47 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Hello Everyone,

I just found out that my hospital (where I work) has an onsite gym! Apparently it is free to employees and available 24/7. I am thinking that I could use my lunch break to get my treadmill work in, which would leave just yoga and resistance bands after work. I am still waiting to find out its super secret location (it seems that most staff members dont even know it is available) and the access code. Hoping to be able to start that next week. I find it amazing that organizations have some wonderful opportunities but fail to share them with staff. I find that it is common within my organization anyway.

I have my post-op visit with the surgeon today. The usual work stuff and a zoom meeting at the end of the day. My massage last night was relaxing. I didn't realize I had so many tense spots in my upper back and hips...

QOTD: I collect the mail 1-2x weekly. I like to go through the mail right away seperating the bills, junk, and want to look at more piles. Any bills go into my "to pay" spot (up out of sight), the junk immediately to recycle bin or shredd pile (although the shred pile does get rather large but is downstairs out of sight). The to be looked at further, if for me usually I look at later in the evening. If for DH I place on kitchen counter where it usually sits for a couple of weeks then I toss. I figuire if he hasn't looked at it then it isn't important. About once a week I clear the kitchn counter piles of paper that accumulated.

B: Triple zero greek yogurt with collagen, cold brew with caramel drizzle half n half

L: 1 c ground turkey with veggie soup

S: protein puffs

D: turkey breast, lettuce, 1 TBP cranberries & glazed walnuts, 2 TBSP rf feta, 5 cherry tomato, 4 baby carrots, light raspberry vinegarette

S: 100 cal kettlecorn bag, 1 sq TJ choc truffle bar

E: 30 min treadmill, 30 min yoga, 15 min resistance bands.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Emiepie
on 1/27/22 10:08 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I do miss my office building with a gym. I enjoyed using the elliptical at lunch.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics