What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/17/22 1:27 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Lord, how is it only Thursday? I am already soooo ready for the 3 day weekend!

QOTD: Do you like the climate you live in? I don't think I ever really appreciated how many of you live in warm climates until yesterday's question about gloves! I get insanely jealous hearing that there are people who are in 70-80+ degree weather in February... But at the same time I really do love the extreme 4 seasons we have in Massachusetts. I guess I just wish we could have a few 70 degree days throughout the winter to keep us going :)

Grim got me a tiny little cake on Monday for Valentine's Day and I didn't have it until last night. I swear, I had a very small piece but it BROKE me. Ugh. My sugar crashed after I ate it and I was writhing in agony with the sweats and nausea for over an hour. I want to say - "when will I learn?" but it's so inconsistent. Sometimes I can eat a ton of junk with no side effects and other times a small piece of cake will bring me down. I know I should still learn a lesson there, lol, but I am not too bright.

I am struggling with MFP this morning - the site has logged me out multiple times when I add a new food, so I will try it later. Here is my menu:

B: Protein Coffee & Egg White Egg Bites

L: Carne Asada

S: Babybel cheese

D: Not 100% sure yet. I am going out to dinner & drinks with a few people from my team but I don't know what restaurant we are going to.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 2/17/22 1:46 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

we got up to 72 yesterday and today our high of 38 was at midnight. Yuck. My sinuses are screaming! Plus we've had really high winds. Our firefighters here rock!

My uncle is still holding on. We think he's waiting for my cousin to come back. They put in the request with the Red Cross and he should be heading back today or tomorrow. He hasn't decided if he'll drive or fly. We are hoping he'll decide to fly. San Diego is an 11 hour drive away. There was some revelations about him and his wife. His wife has been driving wedges between him and his mom, dad and sister. It's rather sad. He came to peace with his dad and they had some good talks between them all. I hope he stays to it. His wife has some mental health issues along with the BRCA gene issues(she had radiation last year due to a lump and they have found another...leading to the double mastectomy)...she is just very insecure. She is also German and they are just different...I mean the culture and stuff. I'm also guessing her mother's MIL wasn't nice. I just hope they can be closer from now on. In the end it's my cousins responsibility not his wife's,

Not sure what today will hold. We'll likely go give them a break some time today.

Food wasn't great yesterday. I'm trying really hard not to eat my emotions. I've been fairly decent.

QOTD: no...big no. We are windy and dirty more often than not. I don't like it at all. The only plus is we have awesome sunrises

B: JUST egg cup, coffee x2

L: PP shake and a banana

D: probably another PP shake or maybe a small burrito

S: I might have the last bag of GF pretzels, yogurt and ???

I like this and had to share.

Partlypollyanna
on 2/17/22 3:24 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I feel you on the long week; I've felt that way since Monday night, lol....what do you mean it's only Monday night!

QOTD - I love it; I wouldn't mind a bit more moisture because wildfire season is a thing but I love it. I have lived in some of the warm climates you envy and they are not for me; I could could skip summer entirely.

I thought the president's day weekend was last weekend but based on your 3-day comment, it must be this one? Other than the post office and banks, I'm not sure who still observes that one around here!

Today I'll do an elliptical session and also a snow shoveling session, looks like we got about 5 inches so not a ton. I was worried some plans later this afternoon would be effected if there was a lot of snow/ice but shouldn't be an issue.

menu today

salami and cheddar

protein oatmeal

chili

Have a great day everyone and enjoy Jr Friday

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Lisa91941
on 2/17/22 6:18 am
RNY on 10/29/19

My grand girls now get "President's Days" weekend. Back to back Mondays off. One for Lincoln and and one for Washington, I guess? Anyway, I drew babysitting duties for the President celebrations. So I know my Monday will be busy again.

Emiepie
on 2/17/22 6:21 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Schools take a few of the Monday's off in February here.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Sheila_H
on 2/17/22 4:42 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Today is my son's 20th birthday. Not only no more kids at home, I no longer have any teenagers. What am I gonna complain about now? I guess I can complain if they are getting older I am getting older too, but I refuse to age. They are free to grow up but I can't see myself past 35! At one point I had told DD that women when they reach 40 then they go backwards and she actually believed me for a couple of years after I had turned 40...so I'm sticking to that theory.

My kid: then and now.

QOTD: I do. I actually like NorCal weather better than the southern part, nothing against where Lisa is. But they have some extreme high temps that we don't get up here. We might have a total of 5 days in 80s or 90s for the whole year. On the other hand I do miss the 4 seasons, especially the winter snow.

My meals yesterday:

• Coffee
  • TJ shrimp stir fry
  • Fage yogurt, hot cocoa, 1/2 barebells bar
  • Hb eggs + tuna pouch
  • E: 5 miles jog

Happy jr Fri-yay!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 2/17/22 5:05 am
RNY on 02/14/18

happy birthday to DS. I think 40-45 you can use those years for a long time, especially if you moisturize, lol.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 2/17/22 5:24 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

LOL. You are talking to the woman who was a sun worshipper. But I have learned my lesson and put a hat on my face when laying in the sun.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Lisa91941
on 2/17/22 6:20 am
RNY on 10/29/19

1) Happy Birthday kid! I always say my mind feels like I'm 35 and I'm sticking to it. Even with a 40 year old kid. No one ever said I am always rational.

2) You don't get quite enough sunshine on the regular up there for me! But I would like more of your rainy days.

Emiepie
on 2/17/22 6:22 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Happiest birthday to DS.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
Queen JB · 43 replies · 300 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?