What's on your Tuesday Menu?

Queen JB
on 2/22/22 2:24 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Happy Taco Tuesday, Gang. Or should I say TWOsday? It's 2.22.22!

Did everyone have a 3 day weekend, or just me? My long weekend was mostly really good. I went to a birthday party, did some errands, and lots of crafting! But I also had my semimontly sinus infection and it really brought down the weekend. I need to call a doctor and see if they can help me kick this thing for good.

Those of us who are 12 month employees are supposed to have reduced hours this week while the students and teachers are off for vacation week, but I have so much to do that I am hoping other people leave early so that I can plow though a mountain of work in peace & quiet. I have an entire grant to write today (that is due tomorrow!), on top of meetings with lawyers and a million other things.

QOTD: Would you rather have a million dollars in the bank but have to eat the same thing for every meal? Or would you rather be able to eat anything you want, but get a million dollar's worth of groceries for free? I know I'd want the million bucks in the bank right away but I couldn't do it. I would lose my mind after a week with the same meal. I think I might do it for 10mil, but 1mil is not enough, so I am going with free groceries.

I was off plan this weekend again. I don't know where my accountability has gone. Plus when I am sick I like to have little pity parties for myself. I have such a love/hate relationship with WW, but maybe it is time to go back for a little while. I know it works, I just hate all of the PTSD I get from going to those meetings when I was very heavy. But it's probably time to suck it up and go to reset my habits again.

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 2/22/22 2:57 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin JB, sorry to hear you're still not feeling well. I do think yoh should put in a call to the doctor!

Yesterday was rough overall. BUT it's over with now and we can all settle into a new normal. My cousins spoke about their dad and that had me crying. One of them is an opera singer and her husband is a music director at a large church here...the guy they got to sing was just so so good. It was so pretty. The funeral hope made A LOT of mistakes and the live streaming wasn't set up right. So my aunt got a lot of calls about it. She also got a call from one of my uncles old friends whee he pretty much berated her for not telling him he was sick so he could come visit. Also a few family members didn't show up. One used the lame excuse she doesn't get going that early..AT TEN O'CLOCK IN THE MORNING.... It made me mad because my uncle would've helped anyone and often did these certain people. Oh well...

Not sure what today'll hold. I'm hoping not much. We had a wildfire here yesterday that burned at least 4 houses out kinda close to Cadillac Ranch.

Miss mama is doing well. I'm going to aim to get a picture today! Such a sweet girl.

QOTD: I couldn't eat the same thing every day for an extended amount of time

Food yesterday was incredibly bad. Brownie and a cupcake not all at once but ugh. Today'll be better

B: PP shake and coffee x2

L: JUST egg cup

D: fennel and some cabbage

S: yogurt, cheese stick and some fresh raw veggies!

PS. A huge thank you to everyone for the thoughts and prayers for my family and me.

Teenie
on 2/22/22 6:47 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Remember Covid is still real and out there so they may made excuses for not coming but there are many who still avoid crowds. I wouldn't take it personal that they were no shows. However, I agree NO One should have said anything to your Aunt about anything. She had enough going on. Can't wait to see the new dog.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Want2beMe
on 2/22/22 3:49 am
VSG on 08/17/20

Morning! Woke up at 5am to a notification of no school due to icy roads. Going to cancel my dentist appointment, I'm not going to risk driving.

QOTD: money isn't everything and I'm happy where I'm at in life. I choose a million dollars worth of groceries, especially with the rising cost of foods.

B: waffles

Snack: yogurt

L: fish and broccoli

Snack: protein bar

S: chicken with baked beans

sue9999
on 2/22/22 4:47 am
RNY on 02/08/21

Sitting here with insomnia... slept 3.5 hrs and am wide awake since 4 am..

QOTD is interesting. I missed variety so extremely much after WLS so I don't think I could eat the same thing forever so I'll take the groceries.

Today's plan

B

3-4 oz almond crusted chic left over from last night

L

4 oz shrimp

1\4 cup salad greens

1 TBL onion

2 tsp lf Caesar dressing

S

3 oz pork chop

2 baby pickles (can't get enough!!)

SN

8 oz protein shake

Have a great dat.b stay safe if you're under the snow/ice storm!!

HW 243 SW 208 GW 125 CW 135

Greateight
on 2/22/22 4:56 am, edited 2/21/22 8:59 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

It is raining cats and dogs here in Chicagoland. All of our snow is now gone, at least for the time being. Somebody took the chair and ottoman that we put out (after Marilyn put $15 worth of trash stickers on it - boo!), but nobody wanted the couch in its condition, and now it is waterlogged.

I am in complete horror about the kid who lost both of his legs because he ate expired noodles. The story combines a number of my phobias into one unsettling stew of woe.

We had a call at work yesterday and it is becoming increasingly clear that our management wants people to start coming back into the office. I had started back once a week in the fall and then stopped when Omicron hit in early December. So next Wednesday, I am going to resume going in once a week. I am hoping that will be enough at least for the rest of our fiscal year, which ends in September. After that I may have to start going more. Or retire.

Dinner was nice yesterday. My son was relatively chatty. He got Burberry glasses at his eye appointment and he and Marilyn loved them. We went to Cooper's Hawk, which is a wine place. I'm kind of spoiled on wine, so that aspect was meh (I got the Super Tuscan , but I don't know how super it really was. Or even how Tuscan). Anyways, we got mini tacos and Bruschetta for appetizer and Chicken Piccata for my meal. Didn't make much dent in the chicken, but the food was good.

QOTD: Is this some sort of sneaky genie question where I ask for the groceries and end up with a million dollars worth of rotting meat in my house because I have to take it all at once? Because I don't want to lose my legs over a trick QOTD.

Assuming no, let's think about this. Assume that our family spends $200 week on groceries. That is $10,000 a year. So a million dollars worth of groceries is a 100 year supply and I will probably only live a quarter of that time approximately. In addition, the groceries will be received in the future, so it is essentially either a choice between a 25 year $10,000 annuity, or $1,000,000 up front. For purposes of this QOTD, I am assuming that all of these amounts will be gifts from QJB and therefore not taxable. Grim, its awfully kind of you to use up your lifetime estate exemption on gifting me snacks.

Discounted at 5%, the annuity is worth approximately $141,000 . So significantly less than the up front payment of $1,000,000. Leading to the question of whether it is worth that amount to have variety in food. it's not life changing to me, so I think that I would take the variety.

Breakfast: Protein bar

Lunch: Chicken Picatta

Dinner: Hello Fresh (I think its Pork)

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Lisa91941
on 2/22/22 6:26 am
RNY on 10/29/19

"I'm kind of spoiled on wine" I'm so glad I still have a baby palate when it comes to reds otherwise I'd never get to retire!

catwoman7
on 2/22/22 7:19 am
RNY on 06/03/15

that noodle thing sounded like some urban legend, so I checked. Evidently this has happened to others - but the culprit was fresh noodles (which are sometimes frozen) - not dry. Dry noodles last forever. I suspect the fresh ones had mildew or mold or something on them (since they were expired). Whew. Scared me there for a second. I always buy the dry kind, so I'm safe! (the cases I read about in my quick skim were all in India or China - so there could have been some weird chemical in there, too...)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

cheapskate
on 2/22/22 8:20 am
RNY on 03/30/15

Cooper Hawk has some lovely truffles though!

Greateight
on 2/22/22 8:22 am
RNY on 08/29/18

All of the food was great!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 354 views
Queen JB · 33 replies · 222 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 374 views
Recent Topics