What's on your Wednesday menu?

Melody P.
on 3/8/22 11:17 pm - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! Hope this hump day treats us all well.

I had my appointment yesterday and it went so so. I have to see the doctor in two weeks because my NP said she doesn't know what else to do. She did up my muscle relaxer a teeny tiny bit. I feel like a lost cause I'm so many areas right now.

No big plans for the day other than needing to pick up a prescription. We have snow forecasted for Thursday into Friday. I'm over the cold. I don't want hot but this up and down is killing me. It's the worst weather of the year imo. Then it's going to be windy too. Ewww!

QOTD: What's the most interesting thing you've read or seen this week?

Hmmmm. For me I've read a lot of stuff...kind of hard to pick one. I'd have to say for the most inspiring would be about the medieval armor makers in Ukraine. They are using their welding skills to make anti-tank obstructions and many other things. I saw it in a chainmaille group on FB.

B: JUST egg cup with feta, coffee x2

L: PP shake and veggie crisps

D: prob pork tenderloin from yesterday(it turned out ok...not great though)

S: L&F yogurt, cheese whisps and ??.

OH and here you go!

catwoman7
on 3/9/22 5:09 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Vet appt for one of the cats this morning (his annual exam) and...that's it! I plan to get some exercise today, though, and to put in another 30+ minutes cleaning my house. And I should probably drive out to check in on the woman I'm a legal guardian for, even though I always dread that visit. It's hard to predict what kind of mood she's going to be in (she's schizophrenic but is mostly stable due to meds - but there are times she's very agitated. Visits on those days last about five minutes tops...when she's yelling and carrying on, I mostly just check to see that she physically looks OK, and her room is clean, and then skedaddle...). So hopefully she'll be OK today...

QOTD: a few of us from one of my film groups watched "By the Grace of God" at someone's house yesterday (because it's otherwise not widely available). I don't know if it's the most interesting thing I've heard or read, but it was a really good documentary (disturbing - but very engaging).

B: plain skyr with cherry/cranberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: 1/2 C protein oatmeal topped with Carbmaster cinnamon yogurt

AS: protein pumpkin pie

D: whole wheat spaghetti topped with marina sauce and two TJ's turkey meatballs

I have half that limoncello tart left from yesterday - so I'll have a small slice of that if I can work it in since I don't know how long it will last...(if I get an hour or so of cardio, I should be OK...)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 3/9/22 5:17 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! I think the new person seems like a good fit and like she'll catch on quick. I hope she likes it and hangs in there.

QOTD: Honestly, I've been so mentally absorbed with work stuff I haven't focused on much else. The news is on in the background when I'm doing stuff around the house but that's it.

TSS: 7 years 5 months

B: SF latte, Eggbeaters, turkey sausage, and an apple

L: Tuna packet, baby carrots, SF pudding and a pear

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, an orange and yogurt

D: Eggbeaters, sausage, toast, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt with ¼ cup fiber cereal

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1347 Protein:134 Carbs: 107 Fat:43

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

White Dove
on 3/9/22 7:56 am - Warren, OH

That is great news that the new person seems like a good fit. I let myself get way too involved in work and need to back off and enjoy some leisure time. It was cold and snowy last night but up to 41 today and will be 70s in another week. We will still get some winter days but the worst is probably over and spring is coming back again.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Emiepie
on 3/9/22 12:24 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Thanks! I am hopeful that I can take a vacation once the new team member is up and running which takes a few months.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 3/9/22 5:37 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all!

QOTD: I heard about a tent city in Humboldt Park in Chicago that tapped into a city light pole and have rigged up a television. Ingenuity.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Strawberry Cheesecake, Tangerine.

L: Chicken Salad.

D: Honey Turkey and Broccoli.

S: Turkey Sausage Stick.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Amy Liz
on 3/9/22 5:38 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning! Hopefully the increase in your meds will give you some relief, Melody. I wasn't so achy this morning, yay, but I have a crazy day ahead and need to prepare. I forgot I'm on an interview panel at HR all day - off site. I thought it was next week. I have to reschedule a few things for my poor attention to my calendar. Anyway - it will be a long day.

QOTD - On Facebook, my friend posted about renting Airbnb in Ukraine - super cheap and of course she's not going. The owners are allowing refugees to stay there for free. She rented a house for $14 a day for 2 weeks. The owner sent her the nicest post and pictures of the families he was helping. It's a beautiful thing, I really hope it's legit.

b-Starbucks latte and egg white bites

l - sushi

d- chicken tenders and salad

s- built coconut bite, cheese

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

catwoman7
on 3/9/22 6:10 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I've read about that in several places - not to house refugees (although they may very well be doing that at this point), but it's a way to funnel money to Ukrainians since there aren't many other ways for us (or anyone) to help them. So I do think it's probably legit.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 3/9/22 5:38 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Kelly, I haven't done the thing yet. Maybe I will do it before I go to the gym this morning. I know that I will feel better when it is finished.

Hopefully, everything is going well with QJB this week.

Tonight is the Top Golf event. I don't think that I have swung a club since last May, so that should be an adventure. I am also working in the office tomorrow, so its drive to Chicago, drive home , wake up, drive back tomorrow. I have become quite used to working at home and have little desire to go back. How will I fit in gym trips, murder shows, naps and chatting with Amy if I have to go into the office.

I think the plan is only 2-3 times a week, so I probably shouldn't whine so much.

Although it doesn't make my QOTD, I have been heartened by the way that the Polish people have handled the refugee crisis from the Ukraine. This is the biggest refugee migration that has not required camps in history because the Polish people have taken the refugees into their homes.

QOTD: Most interesting - a box of human heads was stolen from a parked truck in Denver. I understand that they had been donated for medical research. The thieves must have freaked when they opened the box. can you imagine?

Breakfast: Sausage and cottage cheese

Lunch: Chicken Schwarma

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Christina135
on 3/9/22 5:47 am

Okay, I know it's awful but when I read about that theft, all I could think of was Brad Pitt saying "What's in the box?!"

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 532 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 514 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 393 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 25 replies · 228 views