What's on your Tuesday Menu

ladygodiva1228
on 3/15/22 1:35 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

Good Tuesday Morning everyone. Since I'm up early figured I would help out and get you all started. Hoping everything is working out for JB and she checks in again.

I have a half day of work today because we have to take Meisha to the vet for a check-up on her Lyme diesease. This last month has sucked for my baby she's had to take 4 doxy pills a day, but she's been a trooper about it.

We finally have a full-time scale attendant that I have been training for the last week and she has caught one quickly. Oh and I found out she had the bypass done over 10 years ago. She's kept her weight off and we agreed to help each other out which is nice to have someone who gets it. :)

QOTD: Does anyone garden? (houseplants count). I do a big 40ft by 50ft garden every year and this year we will be adding to it so we can grow extra stuff for the piggies. Getting my pepper, tomatoe, and eggplant seeds in so I will have plenty of plants to put in. Plus I really want to use our freeze dryer more this so need more veggies. Saves so much space instead of canning and freezing things.

B: coffee with cream and then a couple of mini egg muffins made with spinach and onions

L: Salad sandwich (romaine lettuce with swiss cheese, ham, onions and mustard)

D: Not sure, but I will be going by my favorite fish market so I might get some cod

Exercise will consist of taking the dog for a walk around the cornfield a few times. 20 acres is a nice walk.

I hope you all have a great day.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Melody P.
on 3/15/22 1:55 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

The DS revision is off the table for a long time. I appreciated my surgeons honesty. With my back so messed up he is not comfortable with doing it. I'm hoping I don't need it. I'm going to cut out a lot of sugar...A LOT. I'm also going to cut back on artificial sweeteners and caffeine. I know I can do this...lack of the ability to exercise much is so hard on me. I used to enjoy it but now it brings on so much pain. It's really depressing. I'm not going to lie...I bawled as we were leaving. I am not even sure what I was crying about. I didn't want the surgery per say but I guess it's because I fell like such an immense failure.

We are going to the thrift store and the grocery store today. I need to get a few healthy things to have around if I want to snack. We might go to Sam's instead...not sure. I'm going to start making fruit infused water. Found some flavored decaf coffee I'm going to order on the 1st.

QOTD: somewhat. We got an elevated planter and will get another in a few weeks. We want to grow some veggies. I also want to buy a few smaller raised beds to do herbs in. Thinking cilantro, mint(in its own planter) and some basil.

B: JUST egg cup & coffee

L: not sure, maybe a PP shake

D: tilapia fillet, Brussels sprouts & squash

S: ???

Partlypollyanna
on 3/15/22 3:51 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I'm sorry yesterday was so hard on you. Exercise is good for my mental health and it doesn't hurt with weight maintenance but I know from pre-op I can't out exercise my diet if I'm not making the right choices; focus on what you can do and what you can control and hopefully that will help. You've already lost two of the pounds you gained because of the meds, you can keep going and do this!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Emiepie
on 3/15/22 5:23 am
RNY on 08/11/14

So sorry the appt didn't go well. You're strong and you'll rise above the challenges.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lmfontana4
on 3/15/22 2:48 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

I am sorry you are hurting so much. Weight loss is mostly about the diet, focus on that.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Partlypollyanna
on 3/15/22 3:56 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning and happy Tuesday! Yesterday was a long first day back and then I drove up to Boulder to meet my old boss and the old boss before that for dinner; it was very nice to see them and catch up. One of them is also a cross-fitter like Jim and did the open over the weekend, he said his choice to do it in Colorado at altitude was not a smart one (he lives in Florida).

QOTD - I am slowly turning my black thumb to a lighter shade of black but do not grow any veggies or herbs yet; I did check and through all my spots in the front and back yard I do see about a dozen of my bulbs giving green shoots, yay.

Accountability - I did not have the protein oatmeal, I had a slice of toasted Irish soda bread with PB and that was all I had until panang chicken at dinner.

Menu

coffee plus half and half X2

irish soda bread with pb

4oz bunless burger with slice cheese

cheese stick before pilates

I am headed back to pilates for the first time since end of January; my abs are going to hate me.

Have a great Tuesday all!

Jen

Greateight
on 3/15/22 7:03 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Our Colorado weather forecast for this weekend seems to be rapidly deteriorating. My son said possibly snow Monday.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 3/15/22 8:03 am
RNY on 02/14/18

50/50 right now but Colorado in March is hard to predict!

Jen

Emiepie
on 3/15/22 5:21 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Thanks for starting us off today. I hope your furbaby feels better soon.

QOTD: Not currently.

TSS: 7 years 7 months

B: SF latte, orange, Quaker protein/fiber oatmeal and turkey sausage

L: Buddig turkey, cheese stick, carrots, pudding, and a pear

S: Protein puffs, nuts, an apple and yogurt

D: Tri-tip, cauliflower or green beans, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt and toast

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1477 Protein:119 Carbs:128 Fat:56

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

catwoman7
on 3/15/22 5:27 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I biked twelve miles yesterday and boy do I feel it this morning. Usually twelve miles is easy-peasy, but then, it was the first ride of the season - it takes awhile to build up. I'm feeling pretty bloated to boot - but I checked my food records for the past couple of days, and sodium intake wasn't too bad (a little high - but not awful). I'm wondering if it was the exercising. The fitness director over at my gym once told me tha****er retention issues tend to get worse as you build muscle since muscle holds quite a bit of water. Hmmm. Interesting. I could really feel that ride in my thighs, so I probably got some micro-tears there that are rebuilding - and I think all that takes water, too. Anyway, interesting theory. I just started watching some fitness/nutrition series that I stumbled across on Kanopy last night (several half-hour presentations on different topics dealing with fitness and nutrition), so maybe the guy will mention this in one of his presentations (i.e., water and muscle building/repair). Anyway, this is neither here nor there - I was just curious as to why I'm feeling a bi****er-logged this morning. Hopefully it'll be gone by tomorrow.

it'll be a terrific afternoon for biking, but I think I should hold off. I don't want to overdo it right out of the gate, so I think I'll go water aerobics this morning instead. I signed up for some Zoom presentation at 10:00, and then I have online Mah Jongg this afternoon.

Tomorrow I have my every-other-year all day visit to the hospital for the longitudinal Alzheimer's research study I've been in for the past five years or so. Tomorrow will be a physical, including blood draw, plus a few hours of memory tests which are always very humbling. I have to fast for 12 hours before the blood draw. UGH. At least it's in the morning since I'm rarely hungry in the morning - and if I eat the right things before 8:00 pm tonight (protein? healthy fat? fiber?), I can probably sail through this. I hope. I'll have to come back for another half day in a few weeks for an MRI and a lumbar puncture. I don't mind MRI's - but I don't like lumbar punctures. Oh well - it's all for a good cause...

QOTD: nope. I can kill pretty much anything. A couple of summers ago I killed some raspberry clippings - and I've heard raspberry bushes are super easy to grow. At the end of last summer, a neighbor gave me some mint clippings. We'll see how that goes. Supposedly mint grows like a weed - but if it's kill-able at all, I'm sure I'll end up killing it.

B: plain skyr with fruit compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: Jimmy Dean light egg white/turkey sausage/English muffin sandwich (although I should check the sodium content on that - it's probably through the roof...), 1/2 grapefruit (?)

AS: L&F yogurt, skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: asparagus soup, chickpea/miso sandwich (hmmm...more sodium - may need to rethink the day or I'll feel like bloat city again tomorrow...or maybe that won't be so bad since I have to fast?? I never want to eat when I'm feeling like a water balloon...)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 537 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 409 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 275 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views