What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 4/23/22 4:45 am - Amarillo, TX

Three more hours of having to lay flat. Bed rest is very uncomfortable on my back. The myelogram went ok. No headache! The results uses certain phrases that I don't understand. So I'll just have to wait until the third to see what it all means. I do understand my back is really messed up. I can't wash my hair until 9:20ish. I'm having serious itchiness issues. My scalp feels like it's on fire. It's either an allergic reaction or eczema break out. I haven't slept much at all

I'll post the results in a response!

QOTD: what music or podcasts type things do you listen to when you want to unwind?

I have a music playlist on Apple Music and it's my favorite current lists. I have slipknot to Fall Out Boy. Even some yo yo ma. Him and John Williams have a new album coming out with yo yo ma doing John's work. The Schindler's list is just as haunting as it was in the movie. The beauty of it shines so much though.

B: JUST egg cup, yogurt and coffee x2

L: no idea

D: thinkin fish

S: puffed snack things and some fruit

Melody P.
on 4/23/22 4:46 am - Amarillo, TX

Here is the readout.

LUMBAR DISC LEVELS
L1-L2: Mild bilateral facet arthrosis.
L2-L3: Mild bilateral facet arthrosis. Broad-based posterior disc osteophyte complex. Moderate left and mild right neural foraminal narrowing.
L3-L4: Postsurgical changes. Severe right facet arthrosis. Broad-based posterior disc osteophyte complex. Severe right and moderate left neural foraminal narrowing.
L4-L5: Mild right facet arthrosis. Postsurgical changes. Large broad-based posterior disc osteophyte complex. Severe right and moderate to severe left neural foraminal narrowing.
L5-S1: Moderate bilateral said arthrosis. Broad-based posterior disc osteophyte complex. Severe bilateral neural foramina narrowing.

Will find out on the third what the next step will be.

White Dove
on 4/23/22 8:01 am - Warren, OH

Hi Melony, You can look each line up on Google. All of them sound so painful. Was any of that from an accident? I was 68 when I had my first back pain. When it acts up I wear a brace and use Biofreeze and aspercreme. I hope the doctors have some relief for you.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Julia S.
on 4/23/22 6:19 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

My container is here, it is big and turns out they put a combo lock on it and no one knows the combination. So today I'll have to get some bolt cutters and cut it off. I really just wanted to peak inside and see what it looks like. They also put a seal on it before it leaves the port, the seal is intact and the lock isn't going anywhere. I put another lock on that can't be cut since it will be sitting out over the weekend.

I had lots of work this week, so I'll put in a few hours today and have my 40.

I found a realtor that I really like and she is going to send me some local mortgage brokers to start the process off. I look at houses online every day, and they come and go so fast it's scary. My realtor has had clients that it took 6 months to buy a house and they had put in 12 offers on various properties. I'm trying to be realistic but this will be the last house that I buy so I want it to be something that I really want, not just it will do. I'm hoping it won't be too difficult, I'm not on a deadline so I have time to look.

QOTD- I haven't been listening to much lately, I miss my iPod docking station/radio. I'm not sure if I could find it when my stuff gets moved into storage. It's not relaxing but I listen to Jubal in the morning, love his program it usually makes me laugh. I also listen to NPR I have to stream them since I don't have a radio in my office, and a lot of times the stream drops it's annoying.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

White Dove
on 4/23/22 8:05 am - Warren, OH

Hi Julia,

It is almost insane how fast houses are selling now. I see new faces in my neighborhood every week. It seems like they put up a For Sale sign and the sign is down and a new family is there the next time I drive by. I am glad you have you things now and that you can take your time and find exactly the home that you want.

lmfontana4
on 4/23/22 6:56 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Good Saturday Morning

I woke up early so I thought I would check in. DD and I have a busy day today. We are first heading out to a antique and collector show at the local fairgrounds. I am going to try to maintain myself and not go crazy. I don't actually "need" anything but it is fun to look. Over spring break I bought some "antique" Pyrex bowls like my mom had when I was a kid. Nostalgia mostly. Kinda absurd considering the price when you can buy new Pyrex for a fraction of the cost. Then we have a 3 hour composting class. We get to make worm boxes! But they don't supply the worms. ? so I will have to figuire that out. Then finally if we have time or the energy we will go watch a horse competition. Should have a fun day.

Monday I am going to try a hot yoga class. I had some discussions about hot yoga with some relatives and really want to give it a try. I found a free class where a new instructor is learning how to lead a class to take so it won't cost me anything. If I like it I might make it at least a weekly thing to do for variety.

Melody- I hope they can help you with your back. A lot of narrowing which maybe causing some of your pain. I bet the laying flat is difficult. You are almost done!

QOTD: at night I like to listen to my audiobook for a short while to prepare myself for bed. I sometimes have to rewind and listen to a short segment since I start to fall asleep. I also enjoy listening to a local morning show on podcast usually as I get dressed in the morning or in the car.

B: triple zero Greek yogurt with collagen, cold brew coffee with half n half and caramel drizzle

L: maybe a protein bar or drink

S: protein puffs

D: chili

S: 100 cal bag kettle corn, 2 squares of sf chocolate

E: up in the air depends on what time I get home. Maybe a walk outside since it is nice

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

White Dove
on 4/23/22 7:57 am - Warren, OH

When I was growing up, my mom had a friend named Betty that was from England. They had a big, old farmhouse. Her mother still lived in England and would find beautiful objects, ship to the US, and Betty turned her living room into an antique shop.

I loved when we visited and I could walk around an look at the clocks, mirrors, vases, and other unique objects. They had been packed away in attics and basements and sold for pennies and then bought big prices in the US. I have the blue cornflower Corningware that was a shower gift in 1969. It could be sold for a lot of money today, but I would never want to part with it.

All of my Pyrex bowls but one are gone now, and I would pay for a new set even if it was expensive. I have two sets of the Tupperware salt and pepper shakers that I think I paid about two dollars for back in the 1970's.

lmfontana4
on 4/23/22 9:11 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

I saw some beautiful antique furniture that was reasonably priced. One person had a bunch of Tupperware they were selling. I didn't find anything to buy today.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 4/23/22 12:18 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

a lot of people love hot yoga. I had a pass to a hot yoga studio once, but I learned I am one of those people who DOESN'T like it. I guess I just don't like being hot (!!). So it's good you have a free class to see if it's your thing or not.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 143 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views