What's on your Sunday menu?

Melody P.
on 4/24/22 4:27 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. Hoping your weekend is going well.

Not a whole lot planned today. My niece Rachel has an orchestra concert she's in at the civic center here. It's an all city youth orchestra. We might pick up a mini bouquet for her at one of the grocery stores in town, we'll likely get some groceries today too.

no spinal headache! Woot! Though my back feels like it will break int pieces. It's hurting rather badly. Also my eczema is in outbreak mode, my scalp feels like it's on fire. I'm using t-gel shampoo twice a week. I know a. Lot of it is stress induced...I don't know a way to cut that at the moment.

This coming week is actually pretty easy going. I need to request an official copy of my myelogram. I like having a hard copy. I'm interested in seeing the images to compare to my myelogram in October. We'll also be going to get financial stuff sorted for the new vehicle my mom wants. They won't be available to test drive until after May 1st...stock is hard for vehicles right now. She def wants a Kia though, our dealership here is awesome!

QOTD: Speaking of vehicles...what is your ultimate and ideal vehicle that you would get...regardless of price?

I'd like to have a Jeep I guess. I'm not much of a car person per say. Ideally I want a fully electric vehicle...just not a Tesla. I like the Lincoln on Cadillac one coming out but I obvious.y can't remember which is the one I like. LOL

B: JUST egg cup, banana and coffee x2

L: grilled burger patty and blue cheese & onion

D: ???

S: grape tomatoes

have a great day everyone!

catwoman7
on 4/24/22 6:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

we were super busy yesterday, so I hope today is more low-key. We still have a lot to do before we leave on our trip in eight days, though - including getting this house cleaned up since we'll have a cat sitter. I have to pick up a travel converter as well - wish I'd have thought of this earlier since the highly-ranked ones I'd have to order, so I don't have time. But there are a couple of models I can get locally that have acceptable reviews.

QOTD: I'm not into cars AT ALL, I just want really dependable ones that get me from point A to point B. For the last several years, I've purchases cars that are 2-3 years old with low mileage and drive them until the wheels fall off (two have lasted me 17 years - and hopefully our current (two) cars will last just as long!). We've owned five Hondas (four Civics, one CRX). I'd probably stick with those since we've had really good luck with them. Although as we age, we may switch over to their smaller SUV model if we develop mobility issues.

B: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie topped with cranberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: cottage cheese and asparagus soup

AS: protein muffin

D: maybe I'll finally get around to eating that 1/2 veggie burger I've been putting on my menu most days (and usually end up eating something else). Plus some kind of vegetable

ex: I usually don't go to the Sunday afternoon Aqua Zumba class because the instructors routines aren't intense of for me, but I may go today - or else take a long walk - because I need to move!

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

White Dove
on 4/24/22 7:43 am - Warren, OH

One of the perks of working at GM was being able to have the vehicle with all the bells and whistles. We were bombarded with hearing about the newest features and given options to make them more affordable for us. We were all encouraged to use the GM credit card and every purchase built up more credit toward your next card purchase. We had employee discount programs. GM would arrange for your car payment to come directly from your paycheck as a deduction.

Each GM location had a fleet of cars for their executives that were outfitted with every possible luxury accessory. Those cars were used by the company elite for three months and then offered to employees in a raffle. You could sign up for a drawing that gave you the opportunity to buy one of those vehicles for a greatly reduced price. Before I went to work there, I bought used vehicles and shopped for the lowest price I could find. While I was working there, I had a new car every two years.

Now I buy new but keep it maintained and don't trade until things really start to go wrong. I may have the last car I will ever buy. It sits in the garage a good deal of the time. In the future, I think senior citizens will choose to not own and use services like Uber. I know that some smart person will come up with the ideal plan to make it safer, more affordable and convenient than owning and driving for older people.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/25/22 9:44 am

Hi, your myelogram description doesn't look very good. no wonder you are in so much pain.

One day at a time, no?

I have seborrheic dermatitis, that can flare badly when I eat the wrong tings, get very stressed, or get some meds - i.e. contrast.

Or when I use shampoo with SLS or soy. My hairdresser has to be really careful about that. Sometimes I bring my own shampoo and conditioner. If you can - get that checked. I use medicated shampoo- Ketoconazole shampoo - RX strength, and that helps the scalp. It dries my hair, but works for the scalp when I need it. when I don't need to use it, I now use natural shampoo and conditional or a sold shampoo bar. I tried this shampoo and condition bars and I honestly love that more that my normal shampoo. I tried other companies bar shampoo but nothing compares to the one I got now.

As for a car - Porsche cayenne would be my choice if money was no object, but to be honest - I have Hyundai Santa Fe, Fully loaded, top of the line and i love this SUV. And it was app 32,000 so it doesn't break the bank, considering it's also a company vehicle. We have 2 of them ( 2 main drivers) and even my "car cray partner" likes it and doesn't mind driving it (or taking care of it for me). And it's Hyundai, so I don't stand out and not consider "a rich person". IMPO - safer that way when I drive around town or out of town.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Melody P.
on 4/25/22 11:06 am - Amarillo, TX

Indeed one day at a time. Some days are worse than others.

The itchiness is still there but better...I never thought of the contrast causing it!

I need to clean up my eating so so very much. No good excuse...I have just been bathing in my depression and it needs to stop.

I'll have to look for that shampoo, thanks for the tip!

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/25/22 2:16 pm

When i eat off plan - specially breads, sweets and sugar /carby items - I'm more depressed, hurt more and overall feel sluggish - sorry for myself.

Right now I'm back on Keto-paleo diet. For the 5 times quitting carbs since the end of 2021. I really hope I stick to that.

I'm not heaviest since 4 months after my RNY. Heaviest in the last 13.5 years. Not good. Not good for me, my joints, my health in general. I really let myself eat almost anything that did not made me sick, or it didn't made me sick too badly. I tried to get back on plan, and I once lasted 3 months. I could start wearing some of my more "form defining clothes", only to slip back into carbs/sugar addiction - allowing sugar cravings o get better of my desire to get healthier. My back hates me, my joints hates me. The only thing that worked for me when I was on high carb diet - was my BM. UGH. After all - keto, is rather constipating.

But - my motto is still going strong: "One day at a time, one meal at a time"

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

White Dove
on 4/25/22 2:40 pm - Warren, OH

I eat anything I want and refuse to ever eat anything I don't really love. I joined Weigh****chers again three years ago. It is expensive and takes time, but I am close to my goal. I am 145 and want to be 136 by summer, but will be happy with 142. I plan my meals, weigh, measure and count WW points.

Because every food is on the plan, I never have to deny myself something I want to eat. I eat bread, meat, cheese, yogurt, vegetables and some fruit. I drink a lot of water, exercise, and weigh myself daily. I admire people who can stick with restrictive programs like Keto. I always end up ditching the program completely and weighing more than when I started.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/27/22 12:17 pm

Good for you. Some people can do that and lose weight.

Others need to limit some foods either due to allergies, foods sensitivities or the way their body reacts to them - as in - making more insulin that is required to process the carbs.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 562 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 367 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 327 views