What's on your Thursday menu?

Melody P.
on 5/5/22 6:24 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

Yesterday's phone call went south quick for me. I got preached at...that I should just trust this neurosurgeon because he is a "highly trained and respected" professional. His NP acted pissy and well...I am pissed off. The doctor is supposed to look at the new myelogram and they're supposed to get back to me today with what his thoughts are. If I don't hear back today I'll call tomorrow morning. I have a fire lit now. I'm pissed off.

my niece Rachel has an orchestra concert at her school today. Other than that I'm not sure what else we'll do.

QOTD: I have only seen one BOG concert. Green Day and AFI in Denver. Let me tell ya...with my sensory issues it was a little to much for me. Then people were smoking pot all around(I just don't like the smell). It was just an overload. BUT if I could see it from a certain perspective, Slipknot and architects are on the top of mine.

B: oatmeal and coffee

L: ???

D: ???

S: yogurt and ???

Partlypollyanna
on 5/5/22 6:42 am
RNY on 02/14/18

The artist I saw last night has been a big proponent of sensory rooms/sensory bags to make concerts (and other large events) more accessible. Have you heard of KultureCity?

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 5/6/22 2:37 am - Amarillo, TX

I haven't but I'll look them up!

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/5/22 1:29 pm

Hi! I'm so sorry you did not get treated kindly. It sucks.

I have a few docs I like, and most of them have great support team. I learned a while back to go in person to ask questions or sent a text through "my chart". Unfortunately most places have problem fining support people, and everyone is overworked and overstressed. My PM office routinely don't retrun calls, and I learned that I need to stop by to reschedule an appointment, or schedule a ne one. Once I accepted that, I no longer get upset when no one calls me back. It sucks, but it is what it is. In person - they are absolutely the best group of people in a doc office. It is what it is.

I hope you get a call from the doc soon. When I'm in pain, and cant get relief or sleep, my patience is non existent. But I had to learn to restrain myself from reacting when I don't get what I need. HUGS.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Melody P.
on 5/6/22 2:43 am - Amarillo, TX

Thank you so much!

I did get a call but not one I wanted...the doctor wants to see me in person. I know that he is going to lay it on thick about the pain pump or another "small" surgery. I have really bad bone spurs and I just want what needs to be done to be done with. If I let it go at the pace it's on it will "fuse" from the calcification that's already going on, freezing in a bad way that would always intensely hurt. The pain pump is a band aid on something that needs sutures.

just another delay and more and more pain to deal with.

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/9/22 6:14 am

What I learned from my great back surgeon about bone spurs: Good surgeons don't want to touch them. They need to be "shaved" or cut off - and the process in itself can cause (almost always cause) bone dust in that area, that can casque autoimmune reaction - body would start attaching the bones itself.

Plus - bone spurs indicate the body creates them in attempt to stabilize the system. When removed - the spurs can grow back, and grow back very fast, and much larger. That can even worse situation later on - complete immobility, pain and wheelchair.

My surgeon only attempts to remove bone spurs when the spurs cause paralysis, loss of functions.

I hope he can have a better news than that.

HUGS.

In a meantime, as much as I hate to tell you that because I know how difficult it is, You probably need to start eating better, and try to lose some weight.

I know every extra pound on my body puts 3x or more amout of pressure on my spine and joints.

I personally regained 45 lbs. from my lowest (I as too low) and I'm FINALLY back on my eating and a fasting plans to heal my gut and lose some weight - at least losing 20, then ideally 30 lbs.

I've been on it for for 3 weeks, lost 8 lbs so far. Its slow going, but it is what it is.

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Melody P.
on 5/9/22 6:53 am - Amarillo, TX

I know I need to...badly. I'm in a bad cycle of depression and binge eating. I'm working on it though.

I know I'll have some pain for the rest of my life...no way around it. I have a lot of disappointment in myself and in my health care teams...mostly myself. I never thought when I was younger my life would be like this...this amount of pain so relatively young. I'm starting to care again though...about my health and such.

I wish I could afford a disc replacement but I just can't. I don't want to tangle with the bone spurs either. I even have some in my left hip...they are like a Pandora's box.

thank you for your reply and encouragement!

H.A.L.A B.
on 5/9/22 10:07 am

I do really feel for you. And I have my eating issues, and ..drinking issues.

I'm now completely abstinent, but when I had some bad pain flares, I was drinking since my pain pills did very little for the pain. Unfortunately alcohol works only when I was drank - tipsy, then I would sleep 2-3 hours. The moment I started sobering - the pain would returned, sometimes it felt like a double pain, until my body was fully detoxed from alcohol (2-4 days). I was binge drinking. I would drink some, take a break, maybe sleep some, then drink again, etc. There was a week when I did that one time. But most of the time, I try to remember the pain of detox, that is horrible. Together with shaking, sweating etc.

I was also binge eating so I can relate. When I start eating sweets or carbs in general - like bread, I can eat a lot and I want to eat a lot. But I know my pain is much worse when I'm a diet like that. Really worse. So marinating better diet -keto paleo, is my way to limit he pain I'm in. Hopefully.

I've IBS-C, and bad FOR ME diet is real affecting me.

I have to follow a good for me diet for a month to see the effects of it.

Last week, I was in so much pain, that I decided to fast for 4 days. That helped a little. I probably would need to have a few more fasts like that, followed by a week long fast to help my gut, fibromyalgia and my arthritis pain.

I still chew gum occasionally, and that is my last bad habit i need to take care off.

My motto is "One day at a time, one meal at a time". I try t make good choices one meal, one day at a time.

Eliminating one item that is or can be damaging to my health helped me.

i.e. I love fruits, but while restricting carbs, I only allow myself 1 cup of berries once in a while. not very often and only on days that my total carbs intake was relatively low.

Some people do great eating carbs and vegan/vegetarian diet. For me, clean keto is best to limit my cravings, binging and helps me lose weight while not being hungry. I don't measure how much fat or proteins I eat. I limit when and how much carbs I eat.

Teenie
on 5/5/22 7:03 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Jen and Mneuers,

I see Friday breathing down my neck and I am happy but i think the weekend will consist for making an awesome dinner for Mom for Sunday and cookie baking. I have not taken any treats to my PT people so I think I will work on those this weekend.

OK this has me hooked. I know many of you do not use the artificial coffee creamer but it is a go to treat for me. International delight has released a Willie Wonka Chocolate Carmel Fudge (delicious) and if it is topped with a golden foil you win coffee creamer for a year. I am not kidding This would be a huge savings in my home.

QOTD: I guess I'd like to see Adel but wouldn't be opposed to see Cher

Accountability: Better

TSS: 4 years 4 months 23 days: 151.4LBS, (Lowest 129.4) Plan to be back in the mid to high 130's by July.

B: Coffee with SF WONKA WHIPPLESCRUMPTIOUS FUDGYCARAMEL CREAMER,

MS: Overnight oats and mixed fruit

CB: Coffee with SF WONKA WHIPPLESCRUMPTIOUS FUDGYCARAMEL CREAMER,

L: Eggwich and Light and fit toasted marshmallow

D: Low carb Chicken parmesan. with cauliflower.

Exercise: Maybe after work i'll try to walk 1.5 miles

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 1x a week

Everybody Have a great day.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/5/22 7:27 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Your description of that creamer is hilarious! I'm

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?