What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 5/7/22 3:37 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone. I thought I'd do a tech free weekend but an issue came up where I need to check my email regularly. Will do light activity though.

Not a lot planned for the day. We may go get groceries. My mom wants hamburgers, sausage and hotdogs for tomorrow. We have the hamburger patties already and the other meat but we need buns and some of the other stuff.

I'm starting a new eating plan Monday. I have been doing well for the most part but there is room for improvement. I am going to do away with a lot of the snacking. Like I said it's been better and my weight is doing better but I need it to come off faster. I'm not going to have a "last day" or anything but just aim for a little more stricter plan.

My pain yesterday was atrocious. I cried a lot and the night was full of severe leg cramps. It still hurts badly. I know I sound like a broken record but it's my life now. I've calmed down about the neurosurgeon thing. I know things must go a certain way. Maybe I'll be surprised by him, ya never know,

It's supposed to be near 100° today...joy! LOL

QOTD: if you could have one wish granted what would that wish be?

oh so many to have to pick from! I'd hope and wish for peace, compassion or empathy. All of which are missing in this world.

B: oatmeal and coffee

L: no idea

D: thinking it will be a fish fillet and ???

S: yogurt and ???

pi's from a while back but just edited yesterday

White Dove
on 5/7/22 6:32 am - Warren, OH

I was one of the first people to have an iPhone and it stopped working when I was on vacation in Ocean City, Maryland. I tried to talk my brother-in-law into driving me to an Apple store in Washington, DC. A little over 200 miles each way. Everyone thought I was nuts and told me to just enjoy the beach and forget about the phone for the week.

The Apple phone rep understood and had a replacement phone shipped to my condo by the next morning. As I watched everyone get smartphones, I realized that most of us will never again be tech free. Just the time to charge up a device can seem so inconvenient.

My wish that every person would learn to enjoy the good things in each moment and always have hope in their lives that things will improve. After my husband's passing I told my grief counsellor that I felt like I was walking through life in a fog. She told me that fog lifts. It took a long time, but one day I realized that the fog was gone and the sun was shining again.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lmfontana4
on 5/7/22 2:27 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Beautiful sentiment. I could possibly sit on the beach without my phone if I also had a book to read. I think DH would implode.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

lmfontana4
on 5/7/22 2:20 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Beautiful pictures. I am surprised you didn't wish for no chronic pain.

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 5/7/22 10:44 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thanks!

I guess my thought was those things would go a long way in how people and patients are treated, at least the empathy part!

lmfontana4
on 5/7/22 2:35 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Wow! Saturday is a Ghost Town for Menuers. I guess I didn't realize since I am also usually MIA. I was up early this morning to drive DD to the horse ranch that is an hour from our house. I did get to hot yoga last night then came home to mow the lawn. I started my outside compost bin but I have a lot more mowing sessions to completely fill up the 5 ft x 5 ft bin. This afternoon I am heading to the county master gardeners plant sale. Everyone had to make an appointment because the limited it to 50 people per hour time since they scheduled the event during the COVID guideline times. I have pre-planned my plants to purchase.

QOTD: I will be selfish in my wish. I wish to have a deep connection, trust and loving relationship with my DH. Plus includes a continuing closeness with my kids as they grow up.

meals are TBD.

Happy Mothers Day to all the moms.

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 306 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 306 views