Happy Tuesday, what's on your menu?

Lisa91941
on 5/10/22 7:30 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning and happy Tuesday! It's sunny and chilly here and I'm trying to convince myself to take a walk. I did not do a thing yesterday. I should today for sure. My husband is leaving for pickle ball in an hour, and I might go with him just to walk home. I think it's about 4 or 5 miles. It's a sure way to make me move. I did get my packing situation all sorted out yesterday. I did a pre-run to be sure it all fits. I still need to add my new shoes (Rothy's, thanks Sheila!) and one blouse and jacket I am picking up at the dry cleaner's tomorrow. Back pack is coming along. Books and games are ready. I need to pick up some beef jerky and Barebell bars for emergency situations. I seriously debated forgoing vitamins for the three weeks as they take up so much room. Specifically the calcium chews. But at the end of the day, I opted for sanity and realized that as eat them, I'll have a lighter bag and start making room for souvenirs. Also taking a travel laundry bag, so as we start transferring clothes to that, we can add stuff to the carryon's. Then we'll just check the laundry bag on the trip home.

QoTD: I start my day naked and with a bottle of spray sunscreen every day. Then I SuperGoop my face. My swimwear is currently a 2 piece I picked up at Target( because Athleta failed me and didn't send the bottoms to the tankini until 3 weeks after we got back from Vegas), and I have board shorts, a wrap and a short sleeve rash guard to add and remove as needed. I wear a hat while in the sun and get shade when possible. I respray and re-Goop as needed. I am still a dermatologist's dream for sending their kids to college, and will add to my collection of scars from removals when I get back from Europe. They say that's all damage from my childhood when sunscreen wasn't a thing and this little white girl was always burnt. But I am doing my best to prevent additional damage.

Menu -- more frozen tundra food from the freezer!

B: fried egg and 2 strips of bacon

L: beef stew

D: TJ's red Argentinian shrimp, alfredo sauce, pasta for Rog

Peace Everyone!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Greateight
on 5/10/22 7:56 am
RNY on 08/29/18

I hear you on packing with all the vitamins. I know I should use my pill dispenser but I just throw all of the bottles in my luggage.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Lisa91941
on 5/10/22 8:30 am
RNY on 10/29/19

I have a whole system here at home with little containers labeled with days as I take a few different things on Mon/Tues vs the rest of the week. But I mainstreamed all the stuff into one smallish container, one container to fill and take with me daily and the bag of calcium chews. Visually things are different enough I should be able to fish out a day at a times worth since it takes me about 3 hours minimum on a good day to get them all in!

lmfontana4
on 5/10/22 8:52 am
RNY on 03/24/21

My son is super into weightlifting so he takes oodles of supplements and protein powders. He uses one whole large suitcase to pack all his supplements/protein powders when we travel by car. It stresses him out that he might not get the proper nutrition in the form of protein. Not enough protein and calorie intake=muscle loss.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

lmfontana4
on 5/10/22 8:54 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I will say I that the vitamins dont bother me when I pack them compared to the number of pills I took pre-surgery. So few bottles in comparision.

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Teenie
on 5/10/22 4:27 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

My Best Friends Nephew won the Pittsburgh body building contest this past weekend. Not just his class but overall. Wow what discipline those guys have.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/10/22 6:18 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

That is awesome!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

lmfontana4
on 5/10/22 9:12 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I love the picture of the baby. He/she looks so happy.

Early morning today since I needed to take DD to the chiropractor. She has had right sided low back discomfort for awhile now. I think it is her backpack since it weighs about 40 pounds, but she insists that it is not. I have a few meetings today, staffing a information table in the cafeteria to promote resilience and wellness, and then a 3 hour class at the end of the day from 6-9pm. I will try to get a workout in also.

QOTD: In the past I would wear board shorts with a tankini top, then cover with an oversized t-shirt. This year I bought some new swim shorts (mid-thigh length) and bikini style tops. I may purchase a coverup to use instead of a t-shirt since I think it would be more comfortable. Sunscreen at least 30 SPF on the face. I also prefer the spray sunscreen for the body. Have you ever noticed how that only lasts about 3 applications compared to a lotion that can last at least 10?

B: triple zero greek yogurt with collagen, cold brew with caramel drizzle, half n half

L: lettuce salad with grilled chicken, ff french dressing

S: core power chocolate "frosty"
D: creamy chicken taco soup

S: 100 cal bag popcorn, 2 squares sf chocolate

E: 30 min HIIT, 30 min walking

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Julia S.
on 5/10/22 9:26 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

OK I found my swimsuit, and goggles. I bought a gym bag, still need a couple more things and then I'm going to the gym. I haven't been in years, covid and my personal trainer committing suicide were the main reasons I haven't been. Plus I've just been lazy and then out of the state.

I haven't been very successful getting things from my storage, the boxes are piled too high to find anything. I'm unable to locate my step stool. So frustrating I have tons of vitamins and I don't want to have to purchase new ones just because I can't find the ones in storage. Same with my running shoes, I have one pair the rest are in a box somewhere. It's not that I object to spending money I just don't have it at the moment. Moving costs, etc have me broke until I get paid on the 20th.

My realtor thinks I can purchase a house without the condo closing. I've submitted an application to a mortgage broker, feel kind of scared since my current credit card balances are so high, and I'm unsure how much I will actually get from my condo. So it all feels up in the air, plus I haven't seen any houses that really zing me, but also the prices have stabilized or gone down a little due to the higher interest rates but there just isn't much inventory.

QOTD- I don't just sit much at the beach, I'd rather walk but at times I do watch the whales. Since I had a basal cell carcinoma removed I try to be more vigilant with the sunscreen. Too much damage as a kid, and we didn't really use sunscreen. As a kid I used to pick berries all summer at least strawberries and raspberries, so we were in the sun all day with no sunscreen at least on my arms and face. As a kid that was the only way I could make any money.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 488 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 451 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 410 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?