What's on your Wednesday menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 5/18/22 4:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Happy Hump Day everyone!!

Hope the middle of the week is treating you well! I loved all the QOTD yesterday, who would have thought a bunch of WLS patients would be doing dark alley deals for exercise equipment, lol!

Qotd - I am ordering cupcakes for an event and the website was a bit glitchy so flavors looked like they were combined (coconut and lime shows up as coconut-lime, vanilla and Alice showed up as vanilla-spice). Made me on wonder of anyone has any weird food-flavor combinations they like? I put almond SF syrup on my coffee so almond-coffee and I used to love sweet potato fries in A-1.

menu today is coffee plus half and half x3 (they did deliver the coffee pot for the room about 9 last night!)

barebells bar

Maybe something like a snack select for lunch

bunless burger for dinner

have a wonderful day

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 5/18/22 4:50 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone.

Not a whole lot planned for the day. If my mom can get the mower started she's going to spot mow some. Not a lot I can do to help there besides bringin her something to drink.

I've been up since a little before midnight. It's going to be a long day I'm afraid, I may lay down here in a few. My cricut is having issues with cutting. I've tried everything to fixe the tearing to no avail.

QOTD: hmm I dunno...I love strawberry and lime together. I also like cherry and lime, cilantro and lime and I'm sure others.

B: veggie patty, JUST egg, cheese and coffee

the rest I have no clue.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/18/22 8:06 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I found an unsweetened cherry-limeade sparkling water that is delicious!

Jen

White Dove
on 5/18/22 10:39 am - Warren, OH

When my father cooked lunch, he usually made up Spanish Weiners. That was a package of hotdogs cut into slices and warmed up in tomato sauce. The combination makes me shudder now, but we loved them back then. Another thing he would do is make a pitcher of what he called "gravy" to pour over mashed potatoes. It was a pitcher of tomato sauce. I remember my mother telling him not to do that again.

He had some strange rules. He said he had eaten too many beans in the Army and never wanted them in his house. I grew up never having tasted a bean (other than string beans). After I was married my husband made chili. My sister and I were picking the beans out before we ate it, as we always did with anything that had beans in it. My husband insisted that we just taste the beans. We found out that they were not evil-tasting and actually good.

He also hated the tin dinnerware that they had in the Army. He did not allow anything except good sterling silver for our dinnerware. I remember spending Saturday mornings polishing all that silver. I never wanted my own silverware when I grew up and always had stainless steel.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Mkess
on 5/18/22 5:51 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Hump Day,

Thanks for getting us started Jen.

I had a productive day yesterday culminating in Mexican food. It was the first time I had a corn tortilla since surgery. The al pastor taco was delicious and I ate half the tortilla. I was completely full after the one and only taco. However, we were overcharged, the bill wasn't itemized and it left a sour taste in my mouth.

I set up my subsequent booster shot today and there was so much availability. I'm glad the days of hunting down appointments has passed. When the original vaccine came out, I joined a local FB group called vaccine hunters to help secure a highly covered appt.

QOTD: I grew up eating potato pancakes during Hanukkah and used applesauce, sour cream and/or sugar as a topping. If I didn't grow up with it, I'd be averse to trying fried potato with apple. Another weird combination: my mother put raisins in gringo tacos. Tajiin(salty and acidic spice) with watermelon and cantaloupe is a good combination that I've enjoyed the last few years.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: Al Pastor meat.

D: Leftover chopped salad.

S: Healthy choice fudge ice cream bar 100 cal.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

lmfontana4
on 5/18/22 7:23 am
RNY on 03/24/21

What are gringo tacos?

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Mkess
on 5/18/22 7:33 am
VSG on 08/09/21

I usually think of them as ground beef with lettuce, tomato, cheese, and sour cream.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

lmfontana4
on 5/18/22 12:29 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

good ole "white" people tacos! That is how I make them at home.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Partlypollyanna
on 5/18/22 8:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I have had tajin with wstermelon, will have to try the canteloupe

Jen

Christina135
on 5/18/22 10:09 am

Raisins in tacos is just...what?

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)