Stomach issues

Melody P.
on 5/18/22 10:43 am - Amarillo, TX

I have been dealing with some issues with my pouch. Lots of diarrhea, really bad heart burn and a burning chest sometimes...esp today. I already take omeprazole 20mg a day and today I'm taking two instead of one. It's been really bad for around 10 days now.

it doesn't really correlate to food. I'm beginning to think some of my meds are contributing to this. I really don't know.

I'm just curious if anyone has had these issues together? I have so much going on it's the last thing I need to have to deal with.

lmfontana4
on 5/18/22 12:27 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

Have you started any new medications/supplements in the last 10 days? Any changes in your diet since this started? What do your stools look like (any blood?)? Abdominal pain, bloating, other symptoms?

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 5/18/22 12:44 pm - Amarillo, TX

Bloating yes...some abdominal pain. Lots of gas.

I was taken off methadone & put on to hydrocodone again...but that was about 15 days ago.

no big changes in diet. Not eating as much junk stuff.

lmfontana4
on 5/19/22 7:22 am
RNY on 03/24/21

You may want to check with your bariatric surgeon if the symptoms continue. You may have developed an ulcer. Here are some common symptoms of ulcers.

1. You may become easy to experience vomiting or nausea!
  2. Bloating.
  3. Heartburn, but unlike the name suggests -- it has nothing to do with the organ of the body that we call as 'heart' (although there are some symptoms of heartburn that are similar with symptoms in heart attack). It is more likely to be a kind of irritation of the esophagus. Some symptoms of heartburn may include; difficulty swallowing, after lying down or eating you may feel chest pain, food that you eat can be like 'sticking' in the middle of throat or chest, or burning (hot) sensation in the throat.
  4. You may also experience bloody or black stools.
  5. Another stomach ulcer symptom is burning pain in the abdominal (particularly in the upper or middle of stomach). This sign usually often occur after or during drinking /eating certain foods (like alcohol, orange juice, or coffee). This symptom also can occur after taking aspirin. And after taking antacids, this discomfort symptom usually can be relieved.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Melody P.
on 5/19/22 10:21 pm - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! I will be calling today to try to see him soon.

Melody P.
on 5/20/22 8:30 am - Amarillo, TX

Can't get in to see him on this issue. Not gonna lie, I'm a wee bit disappointed. I'd have to have a new referral for some reason. I see my gp Tuesday so I'll be asking him about doing the checking for one.

jujuh
on 5/23/22 9:37 am - Northern Cincinnati Suburb, OH
VSG on 06/03/16

I had real bad acid reflex and heartburn. Was on Prilosec 40 mg for at least 6 months and it was getting worst. I had the sleeve in 2016 and was told some people have this issue. My surgeon did a scope to see if the stomach valve was opening and closing correctly and to get a reading on the acid levels. Last year I had a revision from sleeve to bypass. About 2 weeks after the second surgery, all issues were gone. Feeling great now, a year later. My insurance didn't require a referral but highly recommend that you follow through and get their opinion.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 568 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 357 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 245 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 458 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views
Recent Topics