Thursday is here! What is on your JR Friday menu?

Julia S.
on 5/19/22 7:07 am, edited 5/19/22 12:09 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- All of the above except a tornado, they really scare me.

Trying to get myself back in gear, I've got the %&^* cold that everyone else has had. I ended up taking the day off yesterday I just felt so crappy. I did get my cat into the vet, I'm waiting on the blood test and urine test. Not sure what is going on he just hasn't been himself lately, he spent most of Monday wandering around the apartment meowing very loudly. I couldn't figure out what he wanted or if he was in pain, so the expensive trip to the vet. She's concerned about kidney failure or thyroid issues. I'll find out today.

My espresso machine has officially died, I had replaced the o-ring but it is still leaking and now has a burnt smell to it. So I've ordered a new one, it's a less expensive machine but hopefully it will be fine. I read all the reviews and I'm still lost but if it doesn't work I can return it. Thank you Amazon Prime!

I have lots to do for work, so I'd better get to it.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

White Dove
on 5/19/22 7:22 am - Warren, OH

I hope the kitty is OK. Waiting on bloodwork is scary, as well as expensive.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

lmfontana4
on 5/19/22 8:01 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Good Morning and Happy Thursday,

Yesterday, the family and I went to the musical that the kids band mate was in. It was cute, The Princess and the Pea. I guess I only ever knew the basics of the story but not the actual full plot. It was good. I was amazed at the talent of some of the actors/singers. Sunday, DD and I have Hamilton to see. I did offer to let my DH go with her but I am hoping that he will decline. I dont really think he is a big musical fan plus he gets uncomfortable sitting in the seats of that long. Unfortunately, he has gained alot of weight, is not eating healthy, and generally does not feel good physically. I try to discretely encourage him but I am cautious as I dont want to come across belittling or negatively. As a weight loss person I understand that you have to lose the weight for yourself. Outside support is important but your internal fortitude is the most important part.

My HIIT routine yesterday was hard. I am sore today with adding back in my resistance bands on Tuesday. However, I do love the feeling I get from weighted exercise (bands or weights).

QOTD: Probably snow blizzards, ice storms. I have been in small earthquakes but luckily no hurricanes or tornadoes (I agree scary). How about those tornado chasers? A bunch of crazy people, right?

Accountability: only 45 mins of HIIT/exercise yesterday due to time constraints, 1 extra piece sf chocolate, handfull Chik-boom-pop kettle korn, Quest protein bar instead of planned dinner

B: triple zero greek with collagen, cold brew with half n half

L: lettuce salad with grilled chicken, ff french dressing

S: Chocolate protein "frosty"

D: 3 oz ham steak, roasted veggies

S: 100 cal bag popcorn, 4 squares sf choclate

E: 60 minutes walking

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Teenie
on 5/19/22 11:41 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

My husband battles weight issues and it is so hard to keep my mouth shut. I feel you dear. There are things I would love to do with him but he is not physically able and I do get bummed. Granted he is on long term disability due to back issues like Melody but In my mind I know a little weight loss may help.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Greateight
on 5/19/22 5:53 pm
RNY on 08/29/18

I'll admit - I thought that Haboob was something you just made up to test if people were paying attention.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Partlypollyanna
on 5/20/22 3:35 am
RNY on 02/14/18

It is a real thing! Although my friends who are AZ natives told me that they used to be just called dust storms. They blamed the weather channel, kind of like now all snow storms are named.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 76 replies · 773 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 390 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 35 replies · 506 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 33 replies · 324 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?