What's on your photo Friday menu?

Melody P.
on 6/17/22 2:29 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin folks, we made it to Friday!

Yesterday turned to be a pretty awful day. Our a/c in the living room quit working. So we'll have to replace that. My appointment went rather badly. They took me off all pain meds because I "don't respond well enough" to them. The doctor who does the pain pump procedures is leaving the practice and they don't know if the new doctor has decided if she'll do them. So I have 34 hydrocodone left she said I could finish. I have roughly 34 pills to do me for two months. I am seething. I cried a lot yesterday. Tylenol doesn't touch it. So it should be a fun fun few months. My Nerve conduction test isn't until august 1st.

Sorry for being such a downer all the time.

As for today, we have a lot to do. We need a new a/c so we'll likely go to Walmart. I need groceries too. I'd rather vegetate at home lol

QOTD: if you could have any animal as a pet, regardless of size and other factors, what would it be?

I'm not tempted to have exotic animals as pets. BUT I love lynxes, I just think they are gorgeous. Maybe a jaguar too. I love cats...what can I say?

B: oatmeal w/ 1/2 cup frozen banana

L: carrot soup with shredded cheese & PP shake

D: ???

S rice cakes, 1/2 tbs of PB, sf pudding and ???

another meme...why not?

catwoman7
on 6/17/22 4:30 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin'!

this morning I go for my every-other-year MRI and lumbar puncture as part of the longitudinal Alzheimer's study I'm in. I don't mind MRIs. I do not like lumbar punctures. But...it's for a good cause. Anyway, my appt is at 8:30. They told me no eating or caffeine after 4:30 am (like I'm really going to get up before then to eat and drink coffee), and no liquids other than water after 6:30 am. So I got up at 5:00 to make some decaf espresso and drink flavored water to boot (I should have asked if flavored water is allowed after 6:30 - but since I didn't ask, I'd better stick with plain).

nothing else on tap for today. It's a beautiful day and would be great for biking, but I'm supposed to really limit my activity today and perhaps over the weekend, too (depending on how I'm feeling) - but today for sure. So I guess I'll be reading and/or watching lectures or movies (for class and for my film discussion group)

QOTD: just cats. Although I love so many animals, I wouldn't want any as a pet other than the standard "pet" animals. Wildlife belongs outside.

B: decaf espresso with half & half

MS: nothing

L: they're supposed to give me a meal after the testing this morning (testing takes about four hours). I basically order off the hospital menu. Last time I got a breakfast sandwich (with turkey sausage), yogurt, and fruit - but I couldn't eat it all. So this time either the breakfast sandwich - OR the yogurt with some fruit. And coffee. With caffeine. Lots of caffeine..

AS: protein muffin or Greek yogurt with raspberries

D: not sure. Maybe pulled pork and some kind of vegetable or salad

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Au_Contraire
on 6/17/22 11:21 am

I am first and foremost a cat person too, though honestly I love all animals!

Amy Liz
on 6/17/22 6:03 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I hope things get better for you Mel. I can't even imagine the frustration of your situation, hang in there. TGIF, this week has been tough, but I have a four day weekend to recover. I had to test this morning since there are so many positives and exposures at work lately. I'm negative but I'm a bit freaked out do to a meeting I was in the other day -I was masked, but still a few people who later tested positive were next to me for an hour and half. One was masked, the two others were not. I decided to double check this morning and have another negative. I hope my unit staff is also. I will stay masked at work and in public. I have a lot to do this after noon - pedicure, Costco, TJ's, Target and the vet to pick up meds.

Tomorrow we are taking the dogs to the park and golfing instead of Sunday since it will be packed with dads. I have a lot of plans to garden, organize and purge and I'm looking forward to doing it at my leisure over the next 4 days.

QOTD - I've always wanted a huge dog, like an Irish Wolf Hound or Great Dane. But - huge dog, huge food, huge poop and shorter life span. I love my littles.

Accountability - voodoo chips - they are like crack.

B- coffee, starbucks egg bites

l- TBD - maybe in and out protein burger

d - leftovers - taco something

s - nothing planned

I'm not ready for today apparently

Have a great weekend

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Emiepie
on 6/17/22 6:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope the weekend goes as well as it can go. I know how you feel about being freaked out- when Em had it I was pretty sure John or I would get it and that it would be too close to her graduation and one of us wouldn't be able to go. Anyhow, I stressed unnecessarily, hang in there.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 6/17/22 8:30 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I can just imagine how stressful that was for you all! Thankfully we have nothing important going on to worry about. I just have a case of the petri dish heebie-geebies!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Au_Contraire
on 6/17/22 11:11 am

Hiya Amy! Sending love!

catwoman7
on 6/17/22 1:44 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

carnitas. LOL!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 6/17/22 6:04 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Boy, Maya Murmu sure pissed off that elephant, didn't she?

Many people don't know this, but India has the world's third largest English speaking population. But given the prominent roles of elephants and funeral pyres this tale, I am guessing that it did not occur in the concrete canyons of Bangalore. This story has probably passed through a number of cultural and language filters before nestling into greater Chicagoland. All of which is to say I can't necessarily vouch for the veracity of these events.

Conventional wisdom has focused on what Maya must of done to anger the elephant. Let's assume that he was not, like Christina, simply an enthusiastic early adopter of water based cremation who got carried away trying to make a point.

Did she hog all of the peanuts?

Poor choice of Jerky?

Was it the scrimshaw backgammon set in her purse?

Just what exactly was it that caused this elephant to re-enact the denouement of every single 1980's slasher film and return to pull Maya off of the funeral pyre and trample her a second time?

And thus my epiphany. We are in the age of re-makes. And he is in the capital of the Eastern World's film industry. Maybe, just maybe, its not about Maya at all. Picture a young elephant with a concept. Like a young Sylvester Stallone carrying around his Rocky screenplay, pitching it to all who would listen. Maybe this prodigal pachyderm merely had aspirations for the screen and stage?

And do you know of a movie is more desperately in need of a re-make for modern times than this one?

The 1978 revenge and horror story was described by Roger Ebert as" a vile bag of garbage" as he noted that "attending it was one of the most depressing experiences of my life." Another critic noted that arguments that the film was pro-woman because she won in the end are like saying that ****fights are pro-rooster because there is always one left standing.

If any film could stand a shot of Bollywood Joie de Vivre, it is this one.

Think Slumdog Millionaire meets Texas Chain Saw Massacre. East meets West. I am not saying that converting two hours of murder and degradation into a musical love story will be easy. But we all know that elephants are highly intelligent Probably more so than whoever produced the original movie.

Integrating the re-imagined film's costumes, dances, and wedding scenes with the original's two assaults and assorted hangings, stabbings, axe murders and a final dispatch with a boat motor will be a challenge, no doubt. But when you are the size of an elephant, big ideas may just come natural.

QOTD: Certainly not an elephant

Marilyn reported back that Vaca was great, so we are a go for the conference. She is away through Monday, so me and the boys will go to Ribfest tonight. Not to the concert, just to eat.

Tomorrow my older son wants to go clothes shopping for the cruise and Sunday me and my youngest are going to Steely Dan. There is a warm-up band called Snarky Puppy - I don't know them. Also Crossfit, lifting and some yard work. Should be a fun weekend.

Breakfast: Egg sandwich

Lunch: Roast Beef

Dinner: Ribs

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Sheila_H
on 6/17/22 6:24 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Happy Father's Day, Jim!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 418 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 368 views