What's on your photo Friday menu?

Sheila_H
on 6/17/22 2:05 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Oooh, those clouds.
I'm surprised you are not wearing orange!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 6/17/22 7:13 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh I wish I could come run with you!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lmfontana4
on 6/17/22 7:31 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Melody-I love that donkey meme. The look on its face is priceless.

I am sorry you are struggling with pain. I would not be a good patient since I have very little tolerance for chronic pain. It sounds like you are now considering the pain pump?

I am going to leave work a bit early today to visit my niece who moved to town. She is in the process of getting settled into their rental. DD has a laser appointment at 3, so I will need to get her to that. I am planning on hot yoga for exercise tonight. I had my massage last night, was super relaxed after but woke up this morning with upper and lower back discomfort. It maybe related to the abdominal pain I am having, perhaps I am tightening up my muscles in my back to compensate. Anyway, I am sure the yoga will help with general stretching.

Not sure what the plans are for Father's Day. I asked DH is there was anything he wanted to do, guess he didnt realize it was Father's Day this weekend. Any more it is like pulling teeth to get him to make plans or come up with ideas of what he would like to do. Tonight, DD and I will work on the bedrug installation for his truck. I bought him a bedrug for his truck for Christmas. He said he would install himself, but 6 months later it is still in its box in the garage. This will be an act of service for Father's Day.

Tomorrow DD and I are participating in a 5k run/walk (I will walk it) in the early afternoon. Otherwise no great plans. However, I do need to find an organic treatment insecticide for my veggie garden. I see some of the plants are getting nibbled on.

QOTD: Not really sure what I would pick.

B: triple zero greek yogurt with collagen, 1/4 c blueberries, cold brew with half n half

L: lettuce salad with chicken, ff french dressing

S: protein "frosty"

D: Chili

S: 100 cal bag kettle popcorn

E: yoga

Have a fantastic Friday!!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Lisa91941
on 6/17/22 9:14 am
RNY on 10/29/19

good morning! Late start for me today. Slept in a bit, got all cleaned up, took care of the yard and bedroom. Ready for my day. I did really well on food yesterday. Still plugging towards that last 1.4 pounds. That number has been going up and down all week. Today's plans are pretty non existent. I might go to grocery store, but I also might force myself to use up what's left in the fridge and freezer. I have to go over to AZ Monday for my Dad. He's having the first of a couple heart procedures, so I am organizing myself for that.

QoTD: A giraffe. Which I shall feed leaves to while standing on my Juliette balcony upstairs.

Menu:

B: 3 swedish meatballs 1/3 cup cottage cheese

L: prosciutto and asiago slices

D: chicken and veg stir fry. Add some rice for Rog

S: wine...cause it's Friday. Not like I need an excuse, but it makes me feel better about myself. Ha!

Peace everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Au_Contraire
on 6/17/22 11:15 am

I love the visual of you on your Juliette balcony, delicately offering leaves for your giraffe to nibble!

Au_Contraire
on 6/17/22 10:21 am, edited 6/17/22 4:08 am

Hello my kindred! I think of all of you often, even though I haven?t been posting. I wanted to pop in especially today, because it?s my 5-year surgiversary! It would be hard for me to emphasize enough just how deeply grateful I am to have been able to change my life this way. Really in every ways, my life experience has improved. Even in those realms where my body isn?t directly tied to my performance or the way others view me, I find that simply not having the constant refrain of ?I wish I was thin? playing in my head any longer to be profoundly liberating. I started at 353 pounds, and am stable at 125 now; a size XS/0-2. Mind-blowing! I continue to experience daily joy in my freedom from the constant awareness of my obesity, which had reached the level of genuinely handicapping me both physically and socially. I don?t use the word joy lightly - regardless of life?s ups and downs, I am just so happy to have accomplished this. It really has made everything better, and it?s not too excessive to say that it actually saved my life.

That being said, I know that I have some innate vulnerabilities which have not disappeared, and that I will always need to carefully monitor my weight and if necessary, to adjust accordingly. I am determined to continue those practices which support my continued success. I recognize that I have been given a great gift which I want never to take for granted.

Seattle is an interesting and vibrant city, and we have been fortunate to have had a cool, long spring. Yes, it?s still usually cloudy and rains at least half the time, but interspersing the rain are days of blue, cloudless skies and stunning beauty. Everything is flowering, lush and green, and in comparison to so many areas which are suffering from excessive heat, drought, flooding, or other extreme weather, we up here thus far are very fortunate. I hope all of you are ok and hanging in with the strange new climate changes we humans have wrought!

Here is stellar piece of news: my son and my lovely daughter-in-law are about to welcome their first baby! Our newest little family member - a boy! - is due to arrive on July 4. What a great birthday! I can?t wait. How lucky am I? I have volunteered for everything and anything, and am just so thrilled for them, and for us all.

Im going to try to post a photo of me at the 5-year mark. I didn?t realize how messy that mirror was until afterwards - please disregard the streaks! The other photo is of me and my darling little girl Kai, who I lost on Valentine?s Day. She was 20, and I miss her terribly.

Wishing every one of you happiness, good health, and a lovely summer!

Cara

P.S., sorry for those question marks sprinkled throughout. I tried editing them out - they should be apostrophes - but they are stubbornly refusing to be replaced.

P.P.S., I will get myself another pair of Siamese kittens in time. I would also have dogs and horses if I had the room for them!

Amy Liz
on 6/17/22 11:20 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Gorgeous, Cara!! You deserve all the joy in the world miss you!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

Au_Contraire
on 6/17/22 11:25 am

Miss you too, beautiful Amy!

Amy Liz
on 6/17/22 11:27 am
RNY on 11/21/16

And Happy Surgiversary!!!!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 179 GW 175

Teenie
on 6/17/22 1:29 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Cara so good to see you. Congratulations on the Grandmother status. How wonderful. So glad you came and shared you success story it is always great to see you pop on. You look Fabulous.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 404 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 254 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 17 replies · 295 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 113 views
Recent Topics