It's Hump Day!!! What's on your Wednesday menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 6/22/22 2:53 am
RNY on 02/14/18

happy Wednesday!! This is my attitude taking on the final day of work travel for a bit...I am ready to attack it, not sure if it's ready for me, lol.

meetings are going well and I think it's going to be a successful week. Speaking of successful, woke up this morning and found one of my cousins won Gold in the Oceania games which is very cool! I ignore the part where he's classified as a senior candidate because I remember him being born!!

qotd - if you could create an Olympics sport to compete in, what would it be? Let me tell you, I could clean up if Reading was an Olympic category...and maybe even if talking was! Might only take silver in talking though, but I'm definitely a gold medal reader, lol.

menu today

2 coffee in the room, 2 coffee with half and half at the office (my colleague that made the Dunkin run yesterday did a top notch job)

barebells bare

tbd on lunch, I told everyone to do a fun lunch/not working lunch so will tag along with somebody

dinner burger at airport probably

i have cashews and a chomps for snacks today or on the flight

Have a fantastic Wednesday everyone!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 6/22/22 4:47 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone, thanks for getting us started Jen!

Lana, hoping your procedure went well yesterday and that you're resting comfortably.

Not a lot planned today, hoping to get in a trip to the post office. I forgot we had the kids for the better part of today so it may have to wait until the tomorrow morning.

I think I forgot to mention that I had a call back from the doctor at the pain management clinic. She prescribed me a new med to try Monday but my pharmacy had to order it...I started it yesterday. It's a serious med that I'm even afraid to mention anywhere lol. Even with it being a rather low dose it's kind of scary to have it in the house. BUT I think I needed something "serious". I've only had two doses and it's helping take a major edge of it off. I think I'll always have some pain as there is so much bone on bone action when I move. This is helping with the legs and the muscle spasms. AND it's not interacting with my other meds so far.. I have to tell you...my NP left me really mad. When she told me that she was taking me off of pain meds she had one of those kind of unfortunate smirk things going on. Maybe I'm reading to far into it but it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

QOTD: hmmm...it's be for who's a craftaholic...though I suspect QJB would win the gold from all the classes Grim and her take and her glorious craft room! I could also do a perfect pinch event. I tend to get just the amount of jump rings needed for the step of a project or when I'm filling my weekly med thing. Or OCD tendencies...LOL

Food is iffy today. I unfortunately had a couple of cookies this morning. I'm not going to let it ruin the day. I just wish I could control this stuff from not coming into the house.

B: JUST egg cup

L: meatloaf from yesterday and raw broccoli

D: Not a clue what yet

S: two slices light bread, 1/8 cup shredded cheese, chicken lunch meat and some fruit.

Emiepie
on 6/22/22 6:05 am
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm so glad you have a new medication that might be helping. Sounds promising!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 6/22/22 10:11 am - Amarillo, TX

Thanks! I need something to work, that's for sure!

lmfontana4
on 6/22/22 10:37 am
RNY on 03/24/21

So happy your new Med (fentanyl?? Morphine?? My guesses) is taking the edge off making you more comfortable. I hope it stays that was. You definitely sounded better in you post.

thank you for the thoughts. All went well yesterday.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 6/22/22 5:11 am, edited 6/21/22 10:12 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have my documentary film discussion group this morning, and then there's more film viewing on tap for today for my crime film class. I'd really like to do some more research on Scotland, but I need to get ahead in this class, too, since the last two weeks of it (it's only a four-week class) I'll be in Scotland. Although I really only have three full days on my own there - and a couple of half days when I really can't do much (i.e., travel days), and I already know what I'll likely be doing on two of the three full days (a train trip to Dunfermline, and a bus trip of Fife Council), so maybe I don't need to do as much planning as I think. Basically, I need to come up with ideas for one day. Although I can always bum around Edinburgh, too - sometimes it's nice to have an unplanned day or two...

much to my surprise, I'm really enjoying these crime films. Not my genre at all - but I do like thrillers, and so far, these crime films could fit into that category as well. The instructor is kind of a goofy guy, but I must admit, he's pretty good. I'm glad I'm taking the class.

I was afraid to step on the scale this morning after a bad week and a particularly bad weekend in Chicago (all restaurant eating, which I have a hard time controlling these days). It was bad - but it's been worse - so I'll take it. Hopefully between no restaurant meals for awhile and daily exercise, it'll inch down again. I'm still thinking about joining WW after I get back from Scotland (because I don't really want to have to worry about points while I'm there - and I'm sure I'll be doing a lot of walking, so I may be fine)

QOTD: finding long-lost people on the internet. I've even done it for others - for example, old high school boyfriends and girlfriends - and one friend's birth family

B: plain skyr with strawberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake for sure. The host for the film group meeting said she's going to have fruit and some kind of morning bread there, so I'll need to watch it. I'll focus on the fruit. And if I cave on the bread, then just one piece (or half a piece)

L: leftover chickpea gnocchi with tomato/ricotta pesto (there's maybe 3/4 C of it left)

AS: Greek yogurt, skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: haven't decided yet. Maybe a vegan burger and veggies (??)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

peachpie
on 6/22/22 5:40 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I love the activities/studies that you're involved in, and how you branch out to things that are not in your wheelhouse. Back in Octotber I had joned WW for 3 months. I gained 12#'s in that period and dropped it. It wasn't the program, it was me, my thyroid meds and iron deficiency all working against the progress. But I won't go back- the whole reason I had WLS was to not pay to lose weight again. Medical issues are leveled out so now it just me and I'm working on it.

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Teenie
on 6/22/22 6:50 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

chickpea gnocchi did you make these or buy them?

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 6/22/22 11:14 am
RNY on 06/03/15

got 'em at Aldi!!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Amy Liz
on 6/22/22 6:57 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I'm really enjoying WW and plan to stay on for a whole 6 months then re-evaluate. My sister and some of my staff are on also. They keep changing the program and I like it now more than ever.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?