what's on your Thursday Menu

lmfontana4
on 6/23/22 12:22 pm
RNY on 03/24/21

I think that it is the immigration that is done without the proper legal authority that has people up in arms.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Partlypollyanna
on 6/23/22 2:04 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

I think it's racism, classism and xenophobia given it exists before people know others "legal authority".

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Sheila_H
on 6/23/22 2:37 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

This is not the place nor the forum to discuss immigration laws, but considering that in the last 5-6 yrs we have gone into our little corners and not willing to listen to anybody that doesn't agree with us, here is my 2 cents.

The immigration system and rules in US is so strict that very few can actually immigrate, unless you are from Norway, and they are no dummies they don't wanna come here either.

The so called "caravans" hyped by certain media outlets won't tell you that once the caravan gets to the border, they need to be processed. We don't have open borders that the caravan just pours in. Most of them get denied and sent back. About 1% might get accepted. Let's say about 10% sneaks in, the number I'm giving you is already high but for the sake of argument lets say 10% sneaks in. Again those same media outlets will tell you they are here using our resources, and the gullible people who have never immigrated, heck maybe never even left their own state, will believe that. But I have news for those people: the undocumented immigrants are busting their rear end on jobs that no american will take, for the hope of a better future for their children. Not only they are not taking any resources away from the rest of us they are adding value. On the central coast driving by the fields of strawberry I bet you my last $$ that none of those strawberry pickers with their back bent al day long is a US citizen. If they are getting paid under the table, the responsibility is on the employer (big american corporation) that hires them at a much lower rate than a US citizen. If they fake their docs (and I admit a lot do) they are paying into the tax system without reaping the benefits. Tax is being taken out of their paycheck but they would never declare their meager income and get any benefit out of it. So they are just paying in without the benefits.

Lastly, the hype of illegal immigration is just a nice word for people who are afraid that by 2050 white is no longer the majority in US. Whether they like it or not brown will be and they are very scared of it. My advice to those people is get used it and embrace the change.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: 151

PGW: 140-142

Teenie
on 6/23/22 12:40 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

My mother dated Bobby Vinton before he was "Bobby Vinton" I am with you I'll keep the Dad I had he was awesome.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Emiepie
on 6/23/22 12:44 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Oh no, sorry the girls weekend isn't going to work out right now.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

lmfontana4
on 6/23/22 9:14 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Happy Junior Friday,

I am back at work. I still feel a little foggy mentation wise but luckily I dont need to make any life or death decisions or actions. Just some dull paperwork. I also missed my Project Management software class. I did ask the professor to record it so I will try to watch it and do my homework. Today will be my only day at work. Tomorrow we are headed over to Seattle for a Bill Burr comedy show, come back on Saturday. So over and back.

QOTD: Not really sure about this.. I have never told anyone in my extended family that I had bariatric surgery, just DH, DS, DD. Mostly because I think many people think it is an easy way to lose weight. Which we all know is that it is just a tool, not a magical cure for obesity, you still have to put in the work of eating appropriately and exercising, the whole lifestyle change. Plus, head hunger does not go away.

B: Triple zero greek yogurt with collagen, 4 strawberries, cold brew with half n half

L: hoping a salad with lettuce, grilled chicken from the cafeteria

S: Protein frosty (this may become lunch if I dont see good options in the cafeteria)

D: 1/2c red beans n rice, 1 chicken sausage

S: 3 pc sf chocolate

E: walk 30-60 minutes depending on energy level.

Have a great day!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Emiepie
on 6/23/22 12:44 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Make sure to take good care of yourself and rest if needed.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Melody P.
on 6/23/22 12:00 pm - Amarillo, TX

Good afternoon everyone.

I'm feeling really not great with my stomach. Just really uncomfortable. It's not the painkiller but I think the stomach one...it's really slowing down my system.

There is some deep stuff about to happen in this family. My SIL is a hoarder and has a serious problem. The three kids might be living with us a while if they(Brother and SIL) can't get their **** together. It's really going to change a lot of things I'm afraid.

QOTD: dropping out of HS in 11th grade. I was going through a mental health crisis. My grandpa saved my life back then. I ended up getting my GED before when I would've graduated. It's my least proud moment. Still embarrassing.

Food has been spotty.

Partlypollyanna
on 6/23/22 3:03 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Families are complicated and sometimes not easy. Someone stepping in on behalf of the kids is something they will remember for sure. Good luck with however that needs to move forward.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

peachpie
on 6/23/22 2:22 pm - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I'm late to the party today. I had to renew my license and I got the Real ID. Real ID will be required, yet they charge an "opt in" fee. Government! At least I loved how my photo came out.

qotd: most people don't understand my comfort with my hair loss. It's something I literally forget about-- when I see reactions from people I think oh yeah- not a norm for them. I wear wigs when I feel like it-- but a lot less lately. They don't understand my switching up either-- feel like it some big emotional reason. Sometimes I just don't feel like going back to get one once I'm dressed!

Chic fil a egg biscuit & yogurt parfait

ham and cheese on a roll

greek yogurt

Baked chicken wings

exercise - indoor cycle, sit ups

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 443 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?