What's on your 4th of July menu?

Melody P.
on 7/4/22 3:33 am - Amarillo, TX

For some reason that made me giggle so I thought I'd share!

Good mornin everyone, hope this 3 day weekend is treating you well.

To a lot planned here today. No special meal or anything...we need a new gas tank on the BBQ grill so that's out. Not like I could eat it anyway

We MIGHT go help my aunt with packing up one of her rooms. Her son is being a real a$$ and not helping with much of anything. His wife is helping some but she just had a double mastectomy and hysterectomy in March and February. She is healing well but still shouldn't lift certain amounts.

I found out this weekend that I will need a new PC as my Mac can't work with the huge file size of the new to me camera. My canon is 18mgp and this Nikon is 24.something. I asked my brother if he'll help me put one together. I can't afford another Mac thought that's what I would prefer...LOL. I will buy a part or two a month. I think I found the motherboard I want...it's the most expensive component...this one is around 300. I might go with a cheaper one but I want a good processing component for Lightroom and photoshop and other photo related things. Prob will be an ASUS motherboard.

Tomorrow is my EGD and upper GI. I'm really really nervous about the results. The test themselves don't scare me. I found out recently that my surgeon told my mom I have a hiatal hernia after my last EGD in 2021. He probably told me too at the time but I don't remember it at all. If you wouldn't mind some positive thoughts would be appreciated.

QOTD: Do you like fireworks?

Personally I'm not a fan...at all. I'll post some pics here in a few!

B: JUST egg cup and half a cup of coffee

the rest is terribly unplanned.

Melody P.
on 7/4/22 3:41 am - Amarillo, TX

These are from a few years ago when I could lug around my good tripod.

catwoman7
on 7/4/22 3:58 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I woke up this morning to the sound of a cat vomiting on my luggage. Wonderful. I guess that's what he thinks of me leaving for a couple of weeks. Hope this isn't an omen... I'm going to take the 10:20 bus down to O'Hare although my plane doesn't leave until 6:45 this evening. Which means I have to get there around 3:45. The bus after the 10:20 should get me there in plenty of time (c. 2:45), but DH is worried there might be a lot of traffic or they'll be an accident on the interstate or something that will delay the bus. So whatever - I'll get on the earlier (10:20) bus then. And take a book with me...

QOTD: I could take them or leave them. I never go out of my way to watch them unless someone else wants to go. I hated them when I was a little kid, though - it was the sound. I had much better hearing back in those days...

B: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with cranberry/cherry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

everything is up in the air after that. I did pack protein bars, Wheat Thins, and some peanut butter crackers for my trip, so something with that if I don't feel like buying something at the airport. And dinner will be on the plane (I'm assuming...), so I don't know - although I'll take the free wine (one of the benefits of an international flight!!)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

catwoman7
on 7/4/22 4:01 am, edited 7/3/22 9:02 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm a bit worried that I overpacked (I usually never do...), but weather is so unpredictable in Scotland and it'll be cold when we go up to the northern coast (50s and rain), so layering is going to be the way to go. I packed four long-sleeved shirts, three light sweaters, and two wool sweaters. And two pairs of black leggings (one of which I'll wear on the plane). Although maybe that's OK since I'll be layering. Long-sleeved t-shirts and wool sweaters are completely different - it's not the same as packing 7+ shirts. Plus light sweaters - I may be layering two of three of those some days in lieu of throwing on a wool sweater.

(I was in Ireland many years ago in June, and it was FREEZING. It was also in the 50s and rainy - which is typical British summer weather. 50s isn't cold, but when you're going there from 80s/90s degree weather, it is - you're not used to it. Plus that constant drizzle makes it feel cold and clammy. I was freezing in Ireland until I went out and bought a wool sweater. It was life-changing!!).

Julia S.
on 7/4/22 7:58 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

Have a great trip! Enjoy the cool weather. I want to see lots of photos when you get back.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

Greateight
on 7/4/22 5:47 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Have a great trip, Trish!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 7/4/22 6:27 am
RNY on 06/03/15

thanks!!!! I'll post when I can - but don't be surprised if a couple of days go by with no word from me...

White Dove
on 7/4/22 7:22 am - Warren, OH

Your packing should be perfect. Have a wonderful trip.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Julia S.
on 7/4/22 11:33 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

It's better than peeing in it. I used to have to travel for work and every time I'd get the suitcase out he was not happy and one time decided to let me know by peeing in it.

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

catwoman7
on 7/4/22 1:30 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

UGH - yes - that would be awful! Plus that smell lingers....

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 366 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 301 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 389 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 400 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?