What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 7/16/22 2:03 am - Amarillo, TX

Good early Saturday morning. I'm up and have been up since midnight.

I'm tired of the heat! Tired of the pain and feeling like crap. There...that's my gripe. Time to not focus on it.

Not a lot planned today. Tomorrow I am meeting an out of town friend that is passing through. It'll be the first time meeting her, so excited! I have no friends living near me. I just hope I don't get awkward...lol

My stomach is back to the being upset at everything I eat phase. So so over it.

QOTD: what's your favorite breakfast? Can be either healthy or regular...or both.

Mine is breakfast tacos and eggs Benedict...which I've only had twice. I can't have eggs now so they are off the table. I have started making tofu scrambles and quiches so they would make great breakfast tacos to replace the egg. Lots of veggies.

B: tofu quiche and a piece of breakfast sausage

L: probably chicken salad made with Greek yogurt and a slice of GF bread

D: something I don't have to cook...it's to hot here to use the oven

S: mini bag of popcorn(one of the 100 calorie bags) and unfortunately I snacked on fruity pebbles this morning. Maybe about 3/4th of a cup worth.

Hoping we all have a wonderful weekend. Let it be cooler by the end of the month here....I can wish eh?

catwoman7
on 7/16/22 5:52 am, edited 7/15/22 10:53 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm B-A-A-A-C-K!

fantastic trip - loved every minute of it!

I'm feeling fat and heavy today. I'm not going to step on the scale until at least Wednesday, my normal official "weigh day". I'm sure it's up, but some of it is probably water. I was consistently eating 2000-2300 calories every day I was there (went over that a couple of times - yikes!), but I did walk a lot most days, so we'll see. At any rate, I'm not going to worry about -- I'll just get right back at it.

I need to go to the grocery store because there's not much around here. I'm sure DH was eating frozen pizzas and microwavable meals (or going out) the whole time I was gone. He can't even manage to make a grilled cheese sandwich (I tried teaching him), so I'm not sure what he does while I'm away.

QOTD: the usual plain Greek yogurt or skyr with fruit compote. Even while I was in Scotland, I always ate that for breakfast. Plus a bowl of porridge (AKA oatmeal...with Lyle's golden syrup on it - YUM!!) since that's traditional. (may make some of that here - but not today. I'm feeling too bloated. So just the usual yogurt and fruit today).

B: Greek yogurt with fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

not sure about the rest of the day - I don't know what's here. But I'll go to the store and stock up on protein and vegetables! I need to really stick to a healthy plan the next few days to get rid of this excess poundage!!

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 7/16/22 7:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Welcome back! Glad to hear it was a fantastic trip!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 7/16/22 8:12 am - Amarillo, TX

So glad you had a wonderful trip! Welcome back!

Lisa91941
on 7/16/22 8:37 am
RNY on 10/29/19

WOW! That went so fast. I hope time slowed for you over there and you really absorbed it. Can't wait to see photos!

Partlypollyanna
on 7/16/22 7:25 am
RNY on 02/14/18

QOTD - I don't know if it's my favorite but at a drag club in key west I had a fried green tomato eggs Benedict that was one of the best breakfasts I've had. We ended up eating breakfast there twice in 5 days and I had the same thing both times.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 7/16/22 8:12 am - Amarillo, TX

That sounds amazing.

Lisa91941
on 7/16/22 8:45 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning!

Checking in for the accountability today. Food continues to be pretty good. Even when I am bad, I am only a tiny bit bad. Like the cheeseburger I had for dinner last night. I ate only 1/3 of the insides and 5 fries. It's the adult beverages I continue to struggle with. I'm not getting altered each night, just don't need the extra fricking calories!

Today is slow and easy until 5, and then we are hosting the neighbors for a patio get together.

QoTD: In the day, Chicken fried steak with sausage gravy and eggs over medium. Post surgery, over medium fried egg and 2 slices of bacon.

Menu today:

B: left over part of burger and cottage cheese. (that cheeseburger inners is going to last me three meals.)

L: unsure, I'll be on my own today so maybe just jerky and cheese with a few strawberries

D: tonight is apps night, and everybody brings some. I have Italian stuffed sweet peppers and Roger is smoking a gourmet sausage with tomatoes, pecorino, spinach, etc that we picked up from the Italian grocery store. Those will be ok picks for me. I'll try to not have too many other bites. But there will be wine.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Julia S.
on 7/16/22 9:58 am, edited 7/16/22 2:58 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

I'm not having a good day so far, all I really want to do is cry. I miss Sammy so much, I got an email from HomeAgain the microchip people and I replied that he was no longer with us and to quit sending me the emails as all it did was upset me. They sent back a nice email with condolences that was nice.

I don't know why I'm such a mess today, it seems like all I can do lately is make mistakes. I'm stuck in this apartment feeling sorry for myself, at least I'm not in a tent on the street. It seems like I'll never be able to buy a house, or afford to retire. Work is still messing with my hours so it will be another short paycheck. I had nothing on Monday so I'll work today to make up for some of it. Everything feels so overwhelming, I know that I need to get out of my head and I really want to just go somewhere and see some beauty. I just can't figure out what to do. My tailbone is still complaining, but not as loudly. I guess I'm just in a funk.

I did buy a portable A/C unit yesterday, and manage to get it up the stairs. It wasn't a pretty picture and provided a full body workout. I used my legs to pu**** up stair by stair. There are 15 steps and they are really steep. I wanted to have it delivered but somehow I couldn't make it work. I also had issues with the curbside pickup at Home Depot, it didn't work and then they weren't answering their phones so I ended up having to go inside and wait in line. Then wait to have it brought to may car. But I had coolness last night, it was great.

I need to get to work, hoping I can get out of my own way.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

catwoman7
on 7/16/22 10:03 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'm so sorry to hear about Sammy. I didn't check OH at all while I was abroad, so I'm just now hearing this. We've been there before and I know it's heartbreaking. I'm so sorry.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 383 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 426 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 281 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views