What's on your Monday menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 7/18/22 4:08 am
RNY on 02/14/18

This is an actual photo of me at the store yesterday, except I had a few more things!

How is everyone this Monday morning? Ready for an exciting week? I woke up kind of blah so I'm trying to work through that! I have a short week this week at work which is exciting and a couple of years ago a friends brother participated in a challenge where they rode motorcycles from Homer, Alaska down to Ushaia, Argentina and the documentary about it premiered yesterday and my friend sent me a code so I can watch it tonight. I followed their adventure on Facebook the it was happening so I'm super excited for the movie!

QOTD - what do you do to get yourself out of a blah mood? I am going to use all my tricks this morning - quick round of exercise, an extra dose of caffeine, and pretend I'm in a good mood for an hour. Usually at the end of the hour, I'm fine.

menu today

Coffee plus half and half X3

TJ Eggwich

cheese stick and cashews

Jalapeno smoked sausage

Chobani yogurt

I'll do a boxing session, pick one of the 100s sessions and some time on the elliptical. Boxing first because I really enjoy it!

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 7/18/22 5:05 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin Jen, hope the day gets better for you. I hate waking up to a blah mood for seemingly no reason. It's frustrating!

I am supposed to have an appointment today but it's not showing on the patient portal so I have to call when they open. I have a feeling they didn't really schedule it. My stomach is really turbulent all the time again. It's getting really annoying. That's one thing the pain meds did I guess...lol.

Not sure what else we'll do. Money is particularly tight thanks to insurance for the car and house being due. We may run to the bank if my mom wants to check it.

I did really well last night meeting my friends. I wasn't terribly awkward and my choice was decent. I had a fresh avocado taco in a bowl with no sauce. The refried beans were really good on it. I plan on going back! I just wish the location was different as that part of town is crazy busy all the time. It was fun to chat with someone in person. AND have a lot of the same views on life! The only downside was my back and tailbone not liking the wood chair. Ouch.

I've decided against a lap top for now and to get a desktop. Might even get a Dell mini desktop. Also considering refurbished because of the lower costs. I can get a warranty for a fairly low cost and the ones I've found are reasonable on the specs.

QOTD:

sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't but I try to fake it till I make it. A lot of the time I just push through. It's been a hard past few years for me with my back and mental health...failing at the WLS...that I can get in my own head sometimes. I like to think of Dory and just say "keep on swimming"

B: JUST egg cup and coffee x 2

L: if we get out I may try to run by the grocery store to get something to fix to eat

D: ???

S: 100 calorie bag of popcorn and a tbs of PB...maybe a piece of cheese.

Have a great day everyone!

Melody P.
on 7/18/22 5:10 am - Amarillo, TX

I also may have forgotten to say that I kind of have a job now. One of my chainmaille friends is having me make lengths of weaves for her shows coming up later this year. She is buying the supplies and have the manufacturer send them to me then we agreed on a price per inch.

I figure it hurts to sit a lot anyway so why not go ahead and do it. Make a little money, feel productive and help out a friend. She bought from two of the best suppliers...which normally I can't afford unless it's a certain size only one makes. So I'm also excited to work with the rings. Titanium and stainless steel, woot!

Sheila_H
on 7/18/22 7:59 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

Hurray for a job.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Emiepie
on 7/18/22 9:18 am
RNY on 08/11/14

So cool, congrats!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Partlypollyanna
on 7/18/22 5:12 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Glad you had a good time meeting your friend and it went well!

Jen

catwoman7
on 7/18/22 5:06 am, edited 7/17/22 10:09 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I have my book discussion group this morning. If it's not going to be beastly hot by the time it's over (noon-ish), I'll bike over (should be OK going over this morning - but who knows what it'll be like by noon...I don't like riding when it's really hot and/or humid!!). Other than that, no plans for the day - although I need to run a couple of errands. I've been wanting to try making Scottish scones (I actually found clotted cream at the grocery store yesterday), but I may hold off for a few days until I get my eating/weight back under control. Too many scones and fish & chips (and sticky toffee pudding) while in Scotland..

QOTD: exercise. Especially one that I particularly enjoy, such as biking or water aerobics. When the weather is bad, sometimes going to a coffee place and getting some fancy coffee drink helps as well (well, if I drink it there. Getting it to go doesn't help much. But sitting there reading the paper (or whatever) while sipping on a latte is good for my soul..)

B: protein oatmeal topped with Greek yogurt and fresh raspberries. Coffee with half & half.

MS: protein shake. I'd better take something to the book discussion group, too, because the leader is an obsessive baker and is always bringing her latest project to the meeting and pushing it on us (if she does that today, which she will, I may just bring a couple of things home for DH. I don't want to eat anything like that so soon after a vacation. I've been doing so well so far!!!)

L: chickpea/miso spread and a tomato slice on 35-calorie bread

AS: L&F yogurt with raspberries (??). Maybe a peach, too, if they're ripe yet.

D: maybe the Indian bean curry that I ended up not making yesterday. If not, 1/2 a fake chicken burger and some kind of vegetable.

have a great day, everyone!!

P.S. that meme is totally me, esp at Aldi. I usually walk in there intending to buy just a couple of items, and pretty much always find something interesting that I just have to try. Well, several things...

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 7/18/22 5:18 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I've never tried it but I have read recipes for making clotted cream in your slow cooker.

Jen

catwoman7
on 7/18/22 10:46 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I'll look for some recipes! I wasn't sure if we could make it here since I think they make it with unpasteurized cream, but other than a slightly different taste or texture, it might not make much difference..

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 7/18/22 5:16 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Jen, I hope you feel more like yourself after your hour. Our weekend was good and it's a short week at work since I've got Friday off.

QOTD: I usually try my workout and some trash tv. There have been times recently where I knew I was just getting in my own head- I blame hormones.

Menu

TSS: 7 years 11 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal , turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, baby carrots, SF pudding and a pear

S: Protein puffs, mixed nuts, a peach and yogurt

D: I'm thinking a spinach salad with chicken

ES: Greek yogurt

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 522 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 260 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics