Whoo hoo, it's no longer Monday! What's on your Tuesday plan?

Teenie
on 7/19/22 1:58 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I've used quinoa in my stuffed peppers and it worked out well.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 7/19/22 7:56 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

G'morning all!

Jen, happy to hear you didn't hurt yourself and you are not sore. Falling on your head while trying a headstand sounds scary. Ouch.

I have a funny story about ground turkey (that I use a lot). I was at Trader Joe's and I saw a lady taking 7-8 containers of ground turkey. I said "happy to see somebody else besides me liking ground turkey". She deadpanned "it's for my dogs."

QOTD: I use ground beef in my spaghetti sauce (ragù). I use ground turkey for:

1. one pot burrito bowl
  2. Mixed with a bag of cooked broccoli slaw
  3. Mixed with mex cauliflower rice
  4. Crockpot chili
  5. Nachos

My meals yesterday :

• Coffee
  • Mex cauli rice & chicken strips
  • Ice coffee+PP, jello
  • Chicken fajitas
  • E: wasn't feeling up to it so another rest day

Happy taco Tue!

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

lmfontana4
on 7/19/22 8:56 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Its a Terrific Taco Tuesday!

Jen-it sounds like your really fatigued your arms with your boxing before your handstands. I am still working on my head stands. I can get my legs up to a bent position and resting on my arms, but extending my legs causes me to fall. I think I need more core strength. I am not sure how well I would do with a hand stand.

Today is a work day. I have only 1 meeting, data abstraction, and I need to make some hospital rounds to assess our current furniture that is available for bariatric patients and visitors. This is in anticipation of capital budget requests coming up in the fall. Me and DD did manage to get the camping trailer cleaned yesterday. We need to replace some of the window blinds, one because my stupid dog bent them trying to look out the window. He is such a snoopy dog, needs to see everything. We have a few more projects then hopefully it will be ready for sale by this weekend.

QOTD: Chili, eggroll in a bowl, keto lasagna in a bowl, shepherds pie, burrito bowl or in shell, sloppy joes (homemade recipe), taco soup, stuffed zucchini boats, enchilada skillet dinner, buffalo jalapeno popper casserole-I get lots of ideas on Pinterest.

B: triple zero greek yogurt with collagen, blueberries, keto granola, cold brew with half n half

L: Summer salad with chicken, poppy seed dressing

S: protein frosty

D: carne asada, lettuce, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, ranch dressing made with lite yogurt

S: 100 cal bag popcorn, 125 cal mini PB cups

E: kayaking with DD probably 2 hours

Have a terrific Tuesday.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Partlypollyanna
on 7/19/22 10:12 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Core and shoulders for sure! You will Get there on the handstand, just keep professing little busy little. Jalapeño casserole looks interesting, off to look for those recipes!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 7/19/22 10:06 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I love TJ's ground turkey! I always have a few in the freezer.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 7/19/22 10:07 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Did you laugh at her? I think they would have caught me so off guard k would have just burst out laughing, lol

Jen

Sheila_H
on 7/19/22 10:12 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I was caught off guard, so I did my usual...walked away. After that at home I asked DH if I'm the only one who likes ground turkey and if "normal" people feed the ground turkey to their dogs. The vibe that I got from the woman was that it's lower quality meat and good for making organic dog food. I was introduced to ground turkey by my trainer because of lower fat content and supposedly healthier for you.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Partlypollyanna
on 7/19/22 10:19 am
RNY on 02/14/18

What a snob she was! I know a lot of peoplE that have switched to ground Turkey instead of beef as a rule. Lower fat and if you make it on something, you really can't tell it's not beef.

Jen

sue9999
on 7/19/22 10:29 am
RNY on 02/08/21

That's awfully expensive dog food, IMHO. So maybe she was bragging a bit that she has so much money she can spend it on her dogs and can give them yummy ground turkey. My dog loves the boiled chicken and rice I give him when he has tummy miseries, and I'm sure he'd trade places with that woman's dogs.

Ground turkey costs about $3 more/lb where I live. I use ground turkey for several dishes - lower fat and fewer calories. And since I eat so much less, I can afford it, lol! Keep on enjoying your ground turkey. I know I'm going to.

The recipe I posted for the QOTD might be good with ground turkey. The first time I made it, hub had thawed some hamburger for his dinner so I used some for my hot dish and loved it. So far I haven't tried it with ground turkey but I suspect it would be pretty good.

HW 243 SW 208 GW 125 CW 135

sue9999
on 7/19/22 10:23 am
RNY on 02/08/21

Good morning: I keep telling myself I will post everyday and then I don't. There are people who are working that post daily and I'm retired!! How much easier can it be?? Well, making that commitment to self again!

Have a bit planned today. Got hub to help me buy 3 8' 2x2s so I can start my project for hanging Christmas lights easily on the posts on our front porch. Nailing equally spaced hooks to each one will take me a while so I figured I get a start on it now. Then come October (we put stuff up while it is still warm enough and then light it the day after Thanksgiving), we just have to zip tie the timber to each post. Presto, wrap the lights around the post, catching the wire in the hooks and the lights will stay in place for the season. And no nails in my lovely posts!

Exercise today was the treadmill as it is way too hot to be outside (just ask the dog...).

QOTD: I like to make eggplant casserole (diced eggplant, onion, peppers if you like, my favorite low-carb pasta sauce, ground beef, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper to taste). I also make the occasional meatball and have it with low-carb pasta sauce and zoodles. I use ground turkey for chili.

B: 2 egg omelet, 1/2 oz cheese.

L: Garden salad with shrimp.

S: Fairlife protein shake, 2 tbl nuts.

D: Left over pork roast, kohlrabi strips (my garden is beginning to pay off).

Have a great day everyone.

HW 243 SW 208 GW 125 CW 135

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 343 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 390 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics