What's on your (throwback) Thursday menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 7/21/22 4:22 am
RNY on 02/14/18

I can totally see a cat doing this!

Good morning everyone! Yay, it's Thursday; my friday since I'm off tomorrow! I will be very happy when today is done at work, it's been a long week and it pretty much should have been Thursday on Tuesday!

We had such a nice rain yesterday evening, it started with a down pour and then mellowed to a gentle rain for about 20 minutes. Very unusual and very nice; the night before we had thunder and lightning but no rain.

QOTD - what is the first thing in your mind when you wake up? I always wake with a song in my head; sometimes it's a song from the day before, sometimes it's a song from 20 years ago but it's always some kind of song.

menu today is

Coffee plus half and half x2

beefy casserole X 2

cheese stick and yogurt

protein chocolate milk

I have PT today so that will probably be my exercise.

Throwback Thursday pictures

The first picture was taken 5 years ago this week; it was a Saturday night up in Sedona with my BFF. On the monday after I had my first "is WLS right for you" seminar, on the way home called my sister and told her I was going to do the surgery, on Tuesday called the practice and got myself booked in for the assessment which was the first week in August. Once I decided to check it out as an option, it was clear it was the best option and I never looked back; it took a bit longer than I expected because I had an insurance change in the middle of the mandated 10 week education session but had the surgery at the first possible date and I still haven't had that "what have I done/buyer's remorse" moment.

The second picture was a few weeks ago when my hair dresser accidentally turned my purple streaks blue (which is why the strange expression, but hey, you can actually tell I have eyes) and the 3rd picture is my dorky happy smile because I was in Chile, heading to Antarctica and while it was on my list before WLS, I wonder if I would have done it at 306 lbs? I do know that if I had it would not have been the active vacation that it was and so my final picture is my jump into the Antarctic Ocean below the Antarctic Circle.

Have a great day everyone!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 7/21/22 4:50 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone!

it's going to be a long long day here. I've been up since 10:50...ugh. I'm having more numbness in my left leg, more than usual. When I tap or touch the outside of my left hip I feel an electric shock all the way to my toes. It's very uncomfortable. Lots of pain too. When I lay down petty much the whole leg falls "asleep".

Not a lot planned for the day. We have the kids after the GT camp for around 3 hours. They leave for vacation on Saturday I think. I'm going to miss the kids! My mom's bday is Monday. She wants a cream pie of some sort that's store bought. I offered to make it but she said since our kitchen is so hot(no a/c in there) that she wouldn't ask me to cook anything in the oven. We are going to make bison burgers and she wants French fries. I might make her a pasta salad as she loves those.

QOTD: usually music here too. Lately it's been Viking music. I've been listening to it a lot lately.

B: JUST egg cup and coffee x2

L: salad with taco meat

D: ???

S: rice cakes and wholly guacamole & yogurt.

my pics is of me a year apart in elementary school.

Partlypollyanna
on 7/21/22 5:38 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Cute pictures!!

Jen

lmfontana4
on 7/21/22 7:34 am
RNY on 03/24/21

so cute. I especially like picture #2, it has an old-fashioned school girl look to it.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

catwoman7
on 7/21/22 5:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

UGH. I stepped on the scale this morning. 170 again. Yesterday I was 168. So of course it's water or backup, but...ugh. I really, really want to be under 160 again (I've been as low as 138, but that was too low - I looked awful at that weight. I'd be very happy to be in the 150s again, where I feel I looked and felt my best. I wish I could control this damn eating!!!). I have my annual follow up with my clinic this morning (virtually). The dietitian and the PA. Unfortunately, the dietitian is going to push her "intuitive eating" again, but that just doesn't work for me. My stomach lies. I have a lot of trouble controlling my "intuitive snacking". I think the best idea is to just stay out of the house during times I'm most likely to snack (afternoons), but that's not always possible. Although there's still the WW idea.. Anyway, I'll see what they say, but I know they're going to tell me AGAIN about intuitive eating. Sorry...but that just doesn't work for everyone. Definitely not me, anyway.

it's not supposed to get super hot until this afternoon, so I'll probably go out on my bike again after the appt since I won't be able to do water aerobics because it's at the same time as the appt. None of the other classes at my gym today looked particularly appealing.

QOTD: I'm always woken up by a meowing cat, so the first thing to cross my mind is feeding him so I can go back to sleep! However, I almost never do. Once I'm done feeding him (and the others, who aren't as insistent), I pour myself a big mug of coffee and bring it back to bed with me - where I prop myself up and open my laptop...

B: plain skyr with fruit, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with strawberry compote

AS: ??

D: chickpea/miso spread on 35-calorie bread, tomato/cucumber/red onion salad

I think I'll make some SF Jello today in case I have a snack attack I can't deal with otherwise. At least it doesn't have many calories. And I can also pick up some raw veggies....and make a dip out of plain Greek yogurt.

the first is my staff picture from sometime before I had WLS (370-ish lbs). The second is me in Italy (this year - mid-May) - somewhere between 165-170 lbs (where I've been for the last several months, unfortunately....)

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Partlypollyanna
on 7/21/22 5:38 am
RNY on 02/14/18

even if you are not where you want to be, you ARE maintaining a 200+ lb weight loss which is exceptional.

Jen

Teenie
on 7/21/22 6:29 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Don't beat yourself up. You know the rules you got this. I think you look great.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Sheila_H
on 7/21/22 7:25 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I tried intuitive eating before WLS. After about 6 months I had lost 2 lbs. I was in tears and the lady told me I need to let my inner intuitive child to come alive. I was so frustrated that I told her that the intuitive child is dead, I killed her and she is never coming back to life. In short, I agree with you IE is not for everyone.
I also understand the frustration of not being in the range you wanna be, but I always think I'd rather be battling 10 lbs than 110 lbs. You have lost so much, be proud of that and know that 99% of women battle those 10 lbs all their lives. The surgery has made us average women battling those normal lbs and I, personally, am so grateful for that.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Amy Liz
on 7/21/22 9:19 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Totally agree. I tried and tried but my intuitive child wants to eat everything, she's fat too.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 7/21/22 1:12 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

lol, I snorted at this. my inner child is a fat kid too.

Jen

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 407 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 403 views
Recent Topics