Yay! It's finally (photo) Friday! What's on your plan?

Sheila_H
on 7/22/22 2:02 pm - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I remember the first time I had rocky road icecream (I was a full fledge adult in mid 20s) and you should have seen my face. My thought was exactly like yours "who the heck invented this?"

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Amy Liz
on 7/22/22 11:09 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Thank you for being real. We are not perfect and there are many who are hiding feeling the way you do. I know I did. Again, thank you for normalizing being human.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Christina135
on 7/22/22 1:03 pm

It's easy to talk about it here, it's the hardest admitting it to myself. I feel like a huge fat failure. I know that's my self-loathing talking, and that's okay, I can work on it.

Today I made my favorite tofu/kale scramble and it wasn't very good, not like how I remember it. And that leads me to believe that I have been eating so much sugar/processed/fried crap that my palate has actually changed. Which is disappointing but, again, I did that.

So I'm focusing on water and just trying to make good choices one meal, one snack at a time.

It's the same way I don't drink. One day at a time, one meal at a time. Progress over perfection!

Thanks for letting me vent.

Christina

Let it begin with me.

03/2009 - SW:261 GW 135 (CW:131)

Lisa91941
on 7/22/22 8:54 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Had a successful food day yesterday even though I was hungry the whole day. I ended up with three meals and two snacks. It's rare that I have more than one snack. But I made good choices and watched my volume closely. Feel good about that. I also successfully completed the pantry clean out and got rid of a zillion half opened, mostly stale bags of things. Sheila, you would be dying over here, but I put together a big, and I mean BIG, tin of all the chocolates I found in there. From friends and travels. Individually wrapped bite size and family sized bars. Chocolate rarely calls my name, and now I know if we have company over I can pull this tin out and let them choose treats and serve coffee or port with it and dessert is done.

Before/After on a Friday:

Today looks pretty fun. We just got invited to meet friends for lunch at the farm to table place at the bottom of our street and then we are going to walk the local Farmer's Market. It's supposed to have improved. Wouldn't take a lot for that to happen, it was pretty sad. Maybe I can get some great tomatoes today.

QoTD: I love reading articles on NYT's and then diving into the comments section. Best part of the article! Especially when the article is about NY real estate or something. Those people are passionate and crazy!

Menu:

B: a little bit of chicken salad to tide me over to an early lunch

L: unsure, usually pretty good options there.

D: the plan right now is stuffed peppers

One more photo. These are the sand dunes of Southern California. Desolate in the summer months and gorgeous from the winds. Come Halloween weekend, these dunes will be filled with upwards of a million people and the off road vehicles. I have a friend who works there as a Mercy Air flight nurse. She says you've never seen people crazy like this.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Sheila_H
on 7/22/22 10:51 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17
  1. You have a profile pic!

2. That pantry looks very nice and organized.

3. I'd give my right arm for that tin full of chocolate. I gotta make sure next time I'm in SD I stop by for coffee, so I can take the whole tin with me.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

catwoman7
on 7/22/22 3:13 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I have a digital subscription to the Washington Post and I love the comment sections, too! I totally forgot about that when I answered the QOTD. Some of those commenters are so funny!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

lmfontana4
on 7/23/22 5:36 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I got to say your pantry didn't look to bad to start with. The after Looks great.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

lmfontana4
on 7/23/22 5:34 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Hi All

Jen- I am jealous of your girl weekend, sounds so fun I hope it rejuvenates you and you have a wonderful time

a very late post. Friday was spent in the car traveling to finally pickup DD's 1989 Ford F-150 that her grandpa gave her. If you recall, many months ago while driving it home from Montana it broke down halfway through the trip. It needed a new motor since the old one had "given up the ghost." Well $6200 later it had a brand new motor and other misc parts. Anyways after 6 hours in the car it is home. Of course not free of issues. It appears their maybe a fuel line issue in one of the 2 tanks! Sputtering when the tanks are switched. DH wants it to go back to the mechanics who put in the new motor. Luckily we are headed that way next Thursday. DD is super excited about the truck so that is good. Hoping this isn't going to be a money pit.

in an attempt to be more frugal I decided to do my own pedicure, I should know better. For some reason the gel polish I purchased wouldn't dry. It may need a light for drying. I ended up wiping the color off. I will try again with a-different brand. that DD uses at home. I wonder if I could return the polish to Sally's since they were somewhat expensive. It is a experiment in progress.

the weekend plans are a 6 mile hike on Saturday then some minor touch ups on the travel trailer we want to sell. I am planning on dinner out to the Texas Roadhouse, yum steak! I have had a gift card that I need to use so it is a good excuse to eat out. Sunday will be Inferno Pilates, kayaking, then some more work on the trailer so we can get it advertised by the end of the day. DD and I also need to make a raspberry gooseberry crumble to use up some of the garden bounty. I am tweaking half the recipe so I can eat it for only 90 calories per serving.

QOTD: games I play on my phone. Currently I play a mahjong matchup game and a ball sort game. I am not really into social media sites.

B: triple zero Greek yogurt with collagen added blueberries, keto granola, cold brew with half n half

L: Panda Express pepper angus beef, super greens

S: protein frosty

D: summer salad, chicken, poppy seed dressing

S: 16 mini PB cups, 100 cal bag popcorn

E: none.

no new pictures today.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 384 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 297 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 410 views
Recent Topics