Iron Deficiency question......

Jeff Waldrop
on 8/9/22 7:06 am - Westlake, LA

Thanks for the info. The internet says they can cost between $400 - $4000. I am no going to do infusion unless my PCP is in agreement. I saw him last Friday and he wants to continue with the Oral Iron Supplement and check in October. Then we will talk about that option.

Jeff

cbabebgb
on 8/1/22 2:38 pm

Are you having any symptoms of low iron or did they find it just in your blood work?

Jeff Waldrop
on 8/9/22 7:04 am - Westlake, LA

Annual Blood workup identified it. Only this last one. Previously, was never mentioned.

Jeff

JIM L.
on 8/2/22 3:13 am - HOWELL, NJ

Jeff, I experienced the exact same conditions. Both primary care and hematologist said oral iron supplements were not the correct treatment but iron infusions were needed. For many years now my primary care MD will check my ferritin level whenever I get a blood test and if I'm low on iron arrange an infusion thru my hematologist. I had not had a blood test in a few years due to the pandemic and when I did, my ferritin level was extremely low. I was referred to a hematologist and the issue was corrected with 2 infusions. Now I see the hematologist about every six months. Jim

Jeff Waldrop
on 8/9/22 7:09 am - Westlake, LA

The Gastroenterologist who performed my colonoscopy and endoscope is asking me to do 2 Iron Infustions. Unbeknowst to him, my PCP had just started me on an oral iron supplement. I am no going to do infusion unless my PCP is in agreement. I saw him last Friday and he wants to continue with the Oral Iron Supplement and check in October....

Jeff

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 523 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 407 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 263 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views