What's on your Thursday menu?

Melody P.
on 7/28/22 12:34 am - Amarillo, TX

Hello everyone and good Thursday mornin...all be it an early one for me lol

Yesterday was a little rough for me. With the fall( which I apparently gave me a slight black eye) and a tad bit of what I think is a bad reaction to something I ate...well I'm just sore from head to toe. BUT also I started a different pain med and it seems to be helping already. Only slight itchiness so there is something to be thankful for...as always. My mom is making me use a walker im my room but I do need it. I really lucked out in the fall as it could of been so so much worse.

Not a lot planned for the day ahead. I think my mom wants to go to Sam's and maybe Walmart. I need to pick up a prescription. I need to get another bracelet going this one will be easy peasy but really pretty too. If I feel up to it I'll clean a bit on the bathroom.

QOTD: Kind of a throwback Thursday question. What was your favorite toy when you were a kid?

Mine was a roll out piano that you could walk on to play. Think Big but much much smaller and less expensive. I think my mom got it at a thrift store as it was one of many hard times. I LOVED IT! I swear I wore it out in 6 months or so and annoyed all the adults. I think as 6 or 7.

food was decent yesterday I had an extra added tbs of peanut butter.

B: JUST egg cup, coffee and a half cup of fresh big ol blueberries

L: Salad and an oz of lunch meat

D: Roast, shredded, with maybe a GF Native American fry bread

S: fresh zucchini and an oz of sharp cheddar and maybe a mini bag of popcorn

have a great day y'all!

GracielaSusana
on 7/28/22 3:23 am - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

Good morning

Melody, I hope the new meds help with the pain. Those falls are nasty, I know you are being careful and I hope the doctors can help with that.

I have been falling too, mine are from a newly acquired foot drop in my right foot. Serious flying monkey face plants, tripping over my foot/toes. It took me a bit to figure out what is going on. I have an mri to do for that because it could be from L5 in my back. A visit to my Neurologist, for studies and to the foot doctor. Or it could be my sjogrens. All that from my pain doctor. And a scrip for physical therapy which I don't mind. This is getting to be a yearly thing with therapy, and that my 2 faves are there.

Menu don't know will come back to fill that in and the question of the day.

hope my 2 fave therapists are still there.

Melody P.
on 7/28/22 3:33 am - Amarillo, TX

So sorry you're dealing with falls! They are scary no matter what but esp when you have spine or any bone issues. I hate falling!

my neurosurgeon has said I'm likely facing at least a 4 level fusion so I need to not fall...I need to get over the embarrassment and start using a cane all the time.

GracielaSusana
on 7/28/22 3:47 pm - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

Oh Melody, spine fusion doesn't sound like a fun thing to do. I hear you on the cane, I feel embarrassed using one too and I have gray hair. I bought a wood cane at the thrift store for $1.10, it looks old as it has some style to it. Now to make me use it .....

catwoman7
on 7/28/22 4:12 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I had foot drop once. It was caused by an injury to my peroneal nerve. It eventually resolved, but it took around eight months. So annoying!!!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Teenie
on 7/28/22 7:08 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Hello Mel and Menuers,

I got to get through 2 more days I am ready for the weekend. This week has been too long. I think the new system and this darn head cold do not help. Yes I still got the cold.

I went to bible study last night. I am now down to the last three chapters of book 2. I am ready for a little break before I dive into book 3. One thing if I was a student and did not work full time but some days I don't get to work on my assignments and I always like to be an over achiever. I am looking forward to a break.

QOTD: Drowsy was my doll and till this day I still love a good Light Brite art work.

Accountability: A few caramel covered cheeseballs.

TSS: 4 years 7 months 17 days: 154.4LBS, (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF WONKA WHIPPLESCRUMPTIOUS FUDGYCARAMEL CREAMER

MS: Oikos Triple Zero salted caramel Greek yogurt and berries

CB: Coffee with SF WONKA WHIPPLESCRUMPTIOUS FUDGYCARAMEL CREAMER,

L: : eggwich, poor man ceviche and snack select

D: zucchini lasagna cups.

Exercise: not today. It was raining. I have not been motivated at all.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 1x a week I also use Miralax and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great day my friends.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

catwoman7
on 7/28/22 4:11 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

one of the cats goes into the vet clinic this morning for an ultrasound to look for any additional causes of his recent weight loss (besides the pancreatitis that they diagnosed when he was in last week). Hope that that was all it was. Or hopefully if it IS something else, that it's something manageable like IBD. We already have more than enough cat ailments to deal with among our four guys - plus I never like hearing that one of my fur babies has a health issue!! Other than that, nothing on the agenda for today.

QOTD: probably my Spirograph

B: protein oatmeal topped with plain skyr and raspberries, coffee with half & half

MS: more coffee with half & half (while waiting at the vet's...), protein shake

L: Indian bean curry

AS: ??

D: 1/2 fake chicken patty on 1/2 slim bun, Mexican-style corn on the cob

have a great day, everyone!

Melody P.
on 7/28/22 4:21 am - Amarillo, TX

Hoping no more issues are found with your kitty!

spirographs are still fun!

Greateight
on 7/28/22 5:12 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Glad to see that order is restored in the world and I am no longer leading off. When I came back, Amy was leading off, Kelly was posting on weekends and Lisa had a profile picture. I was shook.

Sorry to hear about the falls, Melody and Susanna.

Pictures are on deck before the Glow party, a rare picture of me on the dance floor, and the mojito class. The glow party used to be called the white party, but I think that HR shut that down.

I thought that I didn't like Mojito's but they were surprisingly good. I even bought the decorative metal pineapples to make them at home.

QOTD: GI Joe when I was in the 4-6 age range. I had an orange Nerf Football that lasted me for about 10 years after that.

Breakfast: omlette

Lunch: Chicken

Dinner: Burgers

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

catwoman7
on 7/28/22 6:02 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I had a mojito almost every day when I was in Cuba several years ago. I'm not even a drinker - but I really liked them!

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 504 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 468 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 410 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 420 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 3 replies · 20 views