Good Saturday mornin, what's on your menu today?

Melody P.
on 7/29/22 11:46 pm - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all! Hoping you're all having a wonderful start to your weekend.

Yesterday ended up being a rather exhausting day. We are getting rid of a lot of toys and other non necessary things. Moving a shelf out and some wire shelves. We are going to try and get rigid of a full mattress. It's a super nice one but it's firm ( it was my old one and I loved it but I needed an adjustable bed) and my mom hates firm mattresses. Such a shame!

We are currently under a flood watch! We are in a serious drought so it's very much needed and appreciated. Lots of lightning and thunder...I love it! It's what woke me up so i'm up for a long while. I love this weather though.

We'll be cleaning more on the extra room today. ALSO we got an opening bid on our wicker pig! Hoping it get more but since we pain only 20 bucks for it and the opening bid was 400! I'm thrilled I think I'll list a lot of some matryoshka dolls today. My mom is wanting to sell some art glass pieces as well...like glass shoes and various items.

here is the pig!

QOTD:what is something decorative you collect?

Mine hands down is cephalopod stuff...namely octopus stuff!

B: JUST egg cup(as always lol) and coffee

L: stew with cheese maybe

D: probably stew too

S: light popcorn, lunch meat and maybe cheese

Have a wonderiful weekend everyone!

White Dove
on 7/30/22 2:04 am - Warren, OH

I have not used the fly swatter this summer, because I bought a device called Zevo. It is blue light that attracts and kills any flying bug that gets into the house. Flies, wasps moth, gnats, and mosquitoes, etc. I did not think it would work, but was surprised that it does.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 7/30/22 3:44 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good luck with cleaning today and getting done what you need to. Glad you're getting some rain, too! That pig is super cute.

I slept most of yesterday, unfortunately. Still managed to take care of the basics, which is mostly my pups. Also slept last night, so I'm assuming my body is doing what it needs to do and I'll listen to it. Definitely in a stall and gaining weight since there's also this lovely bloated, foamy feeling. All a part of the journey! There's not much on my list today except maybe a load of laundry. Cleaning is piling up a bit. I continue to be appreciative of robot vacuum assistants.

QOTD - not much anymore except my travel magnets. I get one or two from most of the major regions or countries I visit.

Menu - still protein and water. Trying to get my intake to at least 80 ounces today since I'm a bit dehydrated. I'll add the Fairlife milk again this morning for something different, and bone broth for my lunch protein. Might even microwave it for a few seconds instead of drinking it room temperature. Living on the edge!

Have an amazing day!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

catwoman7
on 7/30/22 5:38 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' Weekenders!

another gorgeous day here in the Upper Midwest - sunny and 70s! Too bad my legs still need more time to recover from my bike accident last weekend, or I'd be out riding today. I'd love to get out and do SOMETHING, but DH wants to work in the yard or do some outdoor painting today. So...I don't know. I have a lot I could be doing, but I'd like to get out for at least awhile. Maybe I'll think of some friend to call and ask to meet at a coffee place with outdoor seating (??). I'll think of something...

QOTD: I'm not really a collector - at my age, I'm thinking about getting rid of stuff since I'll eventually need to downsize into a condo (or assisted living place - but hopefully not any time soon!), but I do have a ton of purses. I have to avoid them when I go into stores because I know if I wander over to look at them, I'll spot one I can't live without (fortunately, I get most of them at thrift stores so they're cheap, but still...). Although those aren't decorative items.

B: plain skyr with strawberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: vanilla protein shake blended with cantaloupe and ice

L: cheesecake-flavored yogurt pie with blueberry/blackberry compote

AS: Greek yogurt, skinny bagel with light cream cheese

D: Indian bean curry

have a great Saturday, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Greateight
on 7/30/22 6:23 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Im glad to see that you are feeling more comfortable about returning to your bike.

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Lisa91941
on 7/30/22 7:50 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Spent a perfect San Diego evening on the deck with friends and neighbors. Dinner turned out perfect and everybody left with full tummies and happy faces. I just finished up cleaning up the last of the deck, getting rid of the evidence (wine bottles) and putting the kitchen completely back in order. We did most of it last night, so it was really easy to tidy the final details off.

Brown dog had his surgery yesterday. That was a bit of a surprise. We took him for the consult and they said we have room today if you want to get it done. He's been in so much pain, so we went for it. We are waiting on the call now to pick him up and bring him home. THREE MONTHS of confinement! No off leash walking or wandering. So where ever we are in the house, he'll be tethered to one of us or kenneled. Grateful he's going to be better, but this is going to be a big commitment for both Rog and I.

We have show tickets today for Pretty Woman, the play. So now I am getting to take my daughter as my date, and Roger will stay home with first puppy duty. Looking forward to our ladies who lunch and watch Broadway plays day!

QoTD: I don't collect. I am also committed to downsizing so the kids don't have to deal with much. I do have some treasures around, but I forcefully make myself put things back that I see so that I'm not adding to my home. Except dishes. But they get used everyday and must be able to fit in the drawer or I won't let myself by them.

Food is unknown today. I had no plans for food for Saturday when I did the grocery shopping this week because we always go out to dinner after the play. So we'll be winging it for dinner for sure. Breakfast looks like left over chicken thigh with some cottage cheese. Lunch might be the cheese and crackers they serve us during intermission. All is iffy.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

White Dove
on 7/30/22 8:27 am - Warren, OH

I was never a collector. When my friends and family members were picking out dinnerware and silverware patterns, I thought it was a silly waste of money and stuck to good quality but very practical things. As the years have gone by family members who downsize have offered me some of those things and now I have a hutch with glass doors and a set of dishes on display. It works well in my living room, but I don't think I would have ever bought it.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Julia S.
on 7/30/22 9:29 am - Beaverton, OR
RNY on 02/12/18

QOTD- I used to collect books, but now I read on my tablet from the library. I still have one bookshelf of the books I couldn't part with. I also have discovered that I have a lot of stuffed animals, I found I couldn't part with them either, not that I have seen them in months as they are in storage with everything else. I'm not adding to the collection, just appreciate the ones I have.

I'm getting my hair done today and nothing else planned. Sticking close to the A/C as it is supposed to break 100 again today.

I managed to get my 40 hours this week, so I'm happy. The house inspection is on Monday and I've already paid for it so I'm hoping they don't find anything too bad. I don't think he will. In 30 days I could be in my own house again with my things, it's been a long road to this point and I almost gave up. But it looks like it is going to happen.

I used to love the heat, but I find my body is less tolerant than it used to be.

Have a great day everyone!

5'5" Age 66 HW 291 SW 275.8 CW 179.8

supershopper
on 7/30/22 9:40 am

Late post for me, my project is almost live and is looking good.

QOTD anything that makes money :) when my mom passes i will inherit hummels. my oldest sister gets the glass chickens and eggs. middle sister gets bosums. i do like to collect perfume, jewelry, and vintage clothes.

food today:

b: coffee coffee water

french toast - really late- like 12 PM

d: crack chicken

HW 305 SW 278 Surgery weight 225 GW 160 LW: 118.8

RNY 12/15/2015,

GB removal 09/2016,

Twisted bowel/hernia repair 08/2017

M1 Dec 2015-13.0, M2-7.0, M3-14.5, M4-9.4, M5-7.1, M6 9.8, M7-7.6 ,M8- 7.6, M-9 5.5, M10-6.4, M11- 2.2, M12 Dec 2016- 5.8

GracielaSusana
on 7/30/22 1:07 pm - Ft Myers, FL
RNY on 06/07/21

Melody, thanks for posting the photo in the original form. Your macro photos are fantastic. I love looking at them

QOTD. I used to collect books, but got rid of most, still have a book case full. I don't read much any more. It took a couple of years to re-home my books. I am also in the down size, get rid of it mode. I have tons of China, silver, all given to me, I wanted none of it. No nick knacks. Lots of art, my mother earned her living as an artist. Those I can't get rid of, other than to a family member and they are eager to take it.

Time to go to the grandsons 17 th birthday party. It's at a bowling alley, a drop in type of affair. How did he get so old without me getting older?

Menu: fruit, shake, crack coleslaw and bowling alley pizza.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 277 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 127 views
Recent Topics