What's on Your Monday Menu RNY'ers?

Greateight
on 8/1/22 5:27 am, edited 8/1/22 5:52 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

Quick placeholder so we don't get the dreaded double thread....

Phew, go that out of the way.

I decided to get the motorcycle boots. Friday night I looked up where the Western wear store was, figured out directions and I was off at 8:30 Saturday morning.

Well, apparently, I screwed up the directions because the streets didn't cross where I thought they did. And I forgot to bring my phone. And my car GPS is bad. Long story short, I spent three hours on a fruitless commute into Chicago and came away empty handed.

So I wore a cowboy hat, and Eagles concert T-shirt, shorts and sneakers. Which put me about par for the group. Marilyn dug out her boots and wore them.

But I did try the line dancing. We did one practice song as a group and then one actual song, took a break to regroup, and then did another song. The second song looked a lot better. It is safe to say that there is room for improvement.

Personally, I did OK (but too slow) with the two taps right, two taps left, one tap right, one tap left, but the 90 degree turn and flicking of the ankle usually threw me off kilter. And although I could then do the shuffle left, shuffle right, roping forward and hopping back, I was usually out of sync from screwing up the ankle flick. Like I said room for improvement.

The barbecue was yummy, but I ate too much of it and was somewhat immobilized for awhile. Fortunately that was before the line dancing started.

TODAY IS VACA RESERVATION DAY - wish me luck!

I am going to make the reservation for eight:

1) Me

2) Trish

3) Chrissy

4) Sheila

5) Amy

6) Lisa

7) Roger

8) Open spot?

I know that Lana has cool Mom stuff, and Kelly can only make it if the Newbies show remarkable productivity improvements during September. I'm not sure about Stacy. Am I forgetting anyone? Julia was a maybe, but that is before she bought her house.

QOTD: Have you ever sang Karaoke? Even though I love music, I have never done it.

Breakfast: Egg sandwich

Lunch: Chicken (leftover from the barbecue)

Dinner: TBD

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Amy Liz
on 8/1/22 5:41 am, edited 7/31/22 10:51 pm
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ Happy Monday! Just picturing you doing the boot scoot boogie -sounds so fun! I've line danced a time or two. I had a fabulous weekend of relaxing and very limited screen time. I read an actual book! It was about blood sugar, but it still counts. Other than taking the dogs to the beach + park and some grocery shopping, we stayed home. It really was nice. I finished the audio of Silent Patient - so unexpected and good! Now I need to finish listening to Turn the Ship Around for work - a few more hours to go. Then the Institute should be ready any day now. I have a few others in the hopper as well. Today I have two meetings and a lot of prep for two meetings tomorrow. Very busy day.

Yay for VACA rezzy day!

QOTD - Yes, In my 20's and always buzzed! It was Carol King, It's too late every time.

Accountability - awesome

b- coffee, HB eggs

l-chicken taco salad - no chips/tortilla

d- ricotta bake

E - 45 minutes treadmill, 15 stretching/yoga - done

Have a wonderful day!

Sunny (who is about 12-15 years old - we are not sure) turns into a puppy at the beach. Otherwise he is a little old man.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

Greateight
on 8/1/22 5:45 am
RNY on 08/29/18

what a cutie!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 8/1/22 6:48 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 8/1/22 7:13 am
RNY on 10/29/19

It's too late. Such a classic!!!

Emiepie
on 8/1/22 7:16 am
RNY on 08/11/14

What a sweetie!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Mkess
on 8/1/22 7:33 am
VSG on 08/09/21

What a cute fuzzball.

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

catwoman7
on 8/1/22 6:15 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I took a quick spin around the neighborhood last night on DH's bike (mine needs some minor re-adjustment after my accident last weekend), and I was able to do it, so I'm planning on taking a longer ride this afternoon (a short and flat trip - not sure if I can handle hills or anything more than 30 minutes or so). Just in time for the heat and humidity to turn back on! (i.e., tomorrow) - but at least I'll have today!! I also have to take my mother to a doctor's appt this morning. I swear she goes to the doctor all the time. That office is starting to feel like a second home. There are times when I think a quick message to her PCP on MyChart would be sufficient, but no...she has to go there in person. Ugh. I'll be relieved if and when we have to move her into assisted living where there are at least SOME medical people on staff who can deal with some of this.

QOTD: I was part of a group about 30 years ago that did it. It was some kind of staff skit that small groups of us had to do during a training we were doing for new student staff, I believe.

B: protein oatmeal with 1/2 C plain skyr and 1/2 C fresh blueberries, coffee with half & half

AS: probably nothing since my mom's appt is at 10:15 (which means I have to get her AT LEAST a half hour before that, because she has to get everywhere ridiculously early. Although she'll probably start panicking and will start calling me around 9:30 - even though the doctor's office is like five minutes from her apartment...)

L: one of those bagged salads - the sweet kale one. It does have some sunflower seeds in it, but I may have a Baby Bel cheese thingie, too, to bring up the protein

AS: protein shake

D: Indian bean curry? ****ep putting this down and then eating something else. I froze some of it over the weekend since we've been pretty slow to eat this, oddly...)

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 8/1/22 6:26 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Thanks for starting us off, Jim. I am glad that in the end you had fun at the BBQ. I'll admit I would have probably given up and bailed when I didn't get the boots. Good luck with the reservation! I still hold out hope I'll be able to swing it, but can't commit yet.

QOTD: Nope, and everyone should thank me for that.

Menu

TSS: 7 years 11 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal , turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Kolhrabi vegetable pasta, creamy basil pesto sauce, shredded cheese, SF pudding and an apple

S: Protein puffs, a peach and yogurt

D: Maybe leftovers?

ES: Greek yogurt and toast

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: TBD

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 8/1/22 6:30 am, edited 7/31/22 11:32 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

Good Morning Jim and Menuers,

Yup I'm in as long as my plane is on time. I am supposed to land at 1:30 so fingers crossed I will be there. Darn Jim I thought you may have been the big winner of the Mega Millions since the winner is in your neck of the woods.

It is the 1'st of the month and I am not happy that summer is slipping away. My Nurse Practitioner brought the kids to swim this weekend and really thought I needed some help with this cold so she put a script in for me that I was too busy to pick up yesterday. I have DH picking it up and I will start it tomorrow. I am so surprised how long this has lingered. I am also surprised how I am not motivated to do any type of exercise. Hopefully when this thing is gone I will get my Mojo back.

QOTD: One time I sang He ain't Heavy he's my brother to my 380lbs + bro. It was kinda funny but probably wouldn't make that same choice as an older wiser person.

Accountability: It was a normal weekend . I had a bridle shower yesterday and I did have a small piece of cake. It was lovely and worth it. I also had a bite of these beautiful cookies that the brides sister made right before bed. Then I drank water. OK yup I know but exactly what you think happened did. I had the foamies and had to get rid of it. I took about an hour before I could go to bed. Kicking myself this morning.

SS: 4 years 7 months 21 days: 155.2LBS, (Lowest 129.4)

B: Coffee with SF WONKA WHIPPLESCRUMPTIOUS FUDGYCARAMEL CREAMER

MS: Light and fit tiramisu Greek yogurt and berries

CB: Coffee with SF WONKA WHIPPLESCRUMPTIOUS FUDGYCARAMEL CREAMER,

L: : RGF stuffed Chicken breast, and snack select

D: Chicken cordon blue Kebabs dipped is a swish fondue

Exercise: not today. Just can't get motivated.

Water and vitamins: On track. I take a Bariatric Advantage Ultra multi w/iron I use bariatric advantage Calcium chews and 500mg of Magnesium. sublingual B12 1x a week I also use Miralax and fiber in my first coffee of the day.

Have a great week my friends.

Brightest Blessings.

Chrissy

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 544 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 527 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 416 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 324 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 129 views
Recent Topics