What's on your Wednesday menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 8/3/22 3:50 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning!!! Happy Wednesday!! I woke up about an hour earlier than expected and I am already ready for a nap. Maybe I over did the exercise yesterday so I will take it a bit easier today!

Qotd - what is your go to comforting warm drink? I have some really good herbal teas and in a pinch I will make a lemon tea with a shot of whiskey, it's like my SF hot toddy. My favorite evening tea is call Sleepy by twinnings. Supershopper, question for you, one of my colleagues told me that when you are having vocal cord issues (my voice keeps going out), you shouldn't drink hot drinks but room temp. I know you know all about vocal care so was wondering if that is true? Hot drinks are so soothing!

menu today is

coffee x 3

pb English muffin

dayquil

ratio yogurt

Left over taco fixings

give myself a rest day today or a very easy stretch or elliptical session. We'll see how I feel after work.

Have a great hump day everyone

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

catwoman7
on 8/3/22 5:06 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

Vet appt at 9:10 this morning (our guy with the corneal ulcers - our regular vet wants to see how the stem cell treatment is going, because we're going to run out of drops before he sees his ophthalmologist at the end of August. We need to know whether it's working or not, and based on this, whether or not to make up another set of drops). I also promised my mom we could go out for coffee or lunch today. My sister said my mother is depressed and lonely (Mom never mentioned this to me, but then, she's always been closer to my sister than she has to the rest of us), so I need to try to spend more time with her. It's difficult in a way because we pretty much have zero in common, but lunch or coffee usually works...

QOTD: coffee. My favorite time of day is when I get up in the morning. I have a huge pot of coffee waiting in the kitchen, so the first thing I do is pour myself a cup and bring it back to bed with me (where I prop myself up with pillows and open my laptop...). I also occasionally drink a cup of espresso (with half & half) later in the morning and/or a cup of decaf espresso (ditto) in the afternoon and/or evening. I have tons of different types of tea, but I'm rarely in the mood for it. It's coffee all the way.

B: plain skyr with strawberry compote, coffee with half & half

MS: protein shake

L: if I'm home, one of those bagged salads (sweet kale) topped with 2 oz of rotisserie chicken

AS: protein muffin (??)

L: I'm thinking 1/2 C chickpeas topped with the marinara sauce I made last night (I threw some carrots and kale in with it)

ex: I think it's supposed to be hot and rainy today, so maybe I'll do the bike or seated elliptical at the gym.

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Emiepie
on 8/3/22 5:24 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Jen, take your time getting better. I know it's hard but be kind to your body.

QOTD: In the Winter, some sleepy time tea hits the spot but other than that just coffee.

TSS: 7 years 11 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal , turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, SF pudding and an apple

S: Protein puffs, a peach and yogurt

D: Grilled steak, Kohlrabi pasta with Alfredo sauce, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt and toast

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1447 Protein:125 Carbs: 126 Fat:53

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 8/3/22 5:48 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ So happy to see you up and starting us off, Jen! Please take care and get that nap! Yesterday was nuts busy at work, but I was able to leave early. My son had a great time - we got him tickets to a Weird Al next month- he has seen him 3 times and is a big fan. Al is a local celebrity here since went to college at Cal Poly. Dinner last night was fabulous and I thoroughly enjoyed every buttery bite. My stomach didn't though, it's been talking to me non-stop. I also had 2 bites of cake - totally worthy. Today I have a division meeting, a leadership talk, lunch with my sister and some deadlines to meet this afternoon. It will be super busy day, again...

QOTD - I love warm spices cinnamon, chai, pumpkin-y, ginger, clove, nutmeg - I'm clearly dreaming of fall! Favs: Sweet and spicy, Bengal spice, gingerbread, chai anything... I love tea in the evening - it's very relaxing. I've been getting into green tea lately - but prefer them iced.

Accountability - 2, yes, 2 pieces of amazing bread and 2 bites of cake

b- coffee, greek yogurt, 'granola'

l - green curry chicken, salad

d-gyro salad

e - 35 minutes treadmill - done. I slept in a little - will do 25 stretch/yoga this evening

Have a great day!

I resemble this meme 100%

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 177 GW 175

Teenie
on 8/3/22 6:13 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

That meme resembles me as well. Thanks for sharing

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

lmfontana4
on 8/3/22 6:44 am
RNY on 03/24/21

We took my kids to a Weird Al concert several years ago. What a performer, so entertaining. I would totally go see him again.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Amy Liz
on 8/3/22 8:26 am
RNY on 11/21/16

I saw him when my son was 8, 20 years ago. It was a lot of fun - he puts on a great show. I'm totally a fan and would go again.

Greateight
on 8/3/22 6:03 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Jen, its good to hear that you are getting better. My oldest has been sick since we got back from Iceland. He tested negative for COVID, as did I. But he is just starting to slowly get better after a week. He had to cancel the sailing certification that he had signed up for in Boston, which he is disappointed about. The doctor gave him Flonase. I think that Flonase is the 21st century equivalent of "take two aspirins and call me in the morning."

And he still has to finish his two classes this week, despite being sick. Poor kid. We were hoping to give him an easy summer, but the online liberal arts classes were much harder than expected (or he's a Mines kid that doesn't know how to give less than 100%), the $1200 Cruise internet was preposterously bad, and now he is sick. We are looking at the sailing certification in the Caribbean over Spring Break.

Today is a busy day for me. Lifting and Crossfit, a number of calls for work and Happy Hour tonight. But the week should ease up after today. Fingers crossed.

Did anybody see the interview where Martha Stewart said that she was rooting for her friends to die so that she could sleep with their husbands? I know that when people get to be a certain age they feel like they can say anything they want, but yikes.

I guess that in a certain sense the friends should be happy that she won't go behind their backs, but the voodoo doll is a high price to pay for that comfort. She did specify that she would only like a non-painful death.

QOTD: In general, I am a cold drink person, but two exceptions: Chicago winters and when I am very low carb. In both cases it is decaf coffee, lots of cream. Macallan 18 on ice warms me in a different way.

Breakfast: Protein Bar

Lunch: Chicken

Dinner: Charcuterie

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Teenie
on 8/3/22 6:38 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I gravitate to a B&B Stinger. Warms me right up.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Amy Liz
on 8/3/22 8:31 am
RNY on 11/21/16

People love Martha. I love that she isn't as uptight as she once was... I got a kick out her unfiltered statement!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 540 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?