What's on your Saturday menu?

Melody P.
on 8/6/22 2:20 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone, hope your weekend is off to a good start!

As far as I'm aware of there is nothing planned here for the day. We will go to Walmart for groceries either this morning or Sunday. It's tax free weekend for school stuff this weekend so it'll be busy.

QOTD: what is the first book you read that made a big "impact" on you?

Mines the Outsiders by S.E. Hinton

B: JUST egg cup and coffee

L: beans with a bit of cheese

D: ???

S: slice of roast beef lunch meat and ???

here are a few pics. Ones the finished bracelet and an AI altered photo of Opal.

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/6/22 3:55 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Hey there!

You know...thought I was an early bird until seeing you here. Meme is spot on...humans are ruled by their cats - at least the ones I know. Love your pictures.

My morning is the same as yours. My first full grocery pickup run in a while. I haven't properly cleaned the house in over three weeks, so that's my focus this weekend. Slow and steady. I can bend and lift a lot more now but I'm still being careful. Should also water my far away plants today. One of the armadillos has been in my landscaping kicking mulch everywhere.

Some random things to be happy about:

My BMI has dropped over six points since May 24th. Yesterday, instead of eating Greek yogurt, I remembered the microwavable turkey sausage I have in the freezer. It's on the approved list...I was just so happy to have something with seasoning! I texted a picture of my chopped up sausage to my very tolerant friends. I've got three recipes to cook this weekend. Baked ricotta, the crack chicken, and one I found for mini meatloaves with bits of onion and mushroom. Chicken and meatloaf can be frozen, so whew.

QOTD - well this might sound odd. When I was in kindergarten, I won a jellybean guessing contest (how many in the jar). I'm sure they didn't count on someone my age winning. They gave me a book called The Paper Bag Princess. It made a huge impact for all the wrong reasons.

Today's menu

Breakfast - a piece of turkey sausage. Might add a poached egg and see what happens. Wild!

Lunch - rolled turkey and provolone dipped in mustard

Dinner - hopefully ricotta bake!

Snack - cottage cheese or yogurt. I have tons to get through

So grateful that everything has been tolerated so far. Cheers, everyone!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

lmfontana4
on 8/6/22 6:10 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Morning Folks,

Also, not much planned here. It is our last official day in Montana as tomorrow we leave for home. The girls have one shift left at the fair tonight. They will go horseback riding this morning, then head to work for their 4:15 pm shift. They dont get home until around midnight so I will have to make sure they spend some time today getting packed and ready to go home tomorrow. I am mostly packed with a few items left to pack. This evening I will take both my mom and MIL out for dinner, other than yoga no real plans. I haven't gone over to the family home to weed through the basement to get rid of garbage and pack the keepsakes. Not really feeling it right now so not sure if I will go today.

QOTD: not sure on this one. It has been a long time since experiencing that sensation.

B: triple zero greek yogurt, raspberries, collagen, keto granola. cold brew with half n half

L: maybe summer salad with chicken

S: protein frosty

D: TBD-going out to eat

S: usual popcorn, sf chocolate

E: yoga

Have a great rest of the weekend.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Lisa91941
on 8/6/22 7:58 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! We too have a quiet day. I need to pop out to get a retirement card for a party tomorrow and that is about it. I'm feeling the urge to go clothes shopping for some new summery shirts. I might take my 30 percent off coupon to Kohl's and look for something. Other than that, there is a brisket on the smoker already and it's supposed to be another hot day. So most my day will be in the house keeping watch over the dog.

QoTD: The Lovely Bones

food today

B: cottage cheese and hb egg I think

L: leftover taco and 1/2 c refried beans

D: smoked brisket and corn on the cob

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Most Active