Good Sunday morning, what's on your menu for today?

Melody P.
on 8/7/22 2:32 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone! Hope you're having a good weekend.

Not a lot planned today. I'll likely work on more chainmaille. I started a bracelet yesterday and was able to fini**** last night. It's one of my favorite weaves as of late. Making all of these things s been a great distraction for me and I'm thankful for that. I'm also hoping for a restful nap type thing.

One of my friends on FB who also chainmailles is also a wonderful crocheter. She knows of my love of cephalopods. She made me a rather large octopus and I got it yesterday in the mail. It literally made me so happy and feeling loved. My self talk has been rather ****ty lately.

QOTD: This is kind of related to my last paragraph. What is your favorite species of animal and why?

mine obviously is cephalopods. I just love that they are so unique. They have no similar DNA to any other species. They are just so cool and smart too.

B: JUST egg cup and coffee

L: taco salad

D: ???

S: ???

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/7/22 4:04 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning!

Still love your pieces, and that's super cute octopus. You and your friend are incredibly talented. Hope your new plushie helps to keep the wind in your sails.

I've got some work to catch up on. Not sure I'll do it. Yesterday I got the groceries, made crock pot chicken and tried my hand at baked ricotta. You guys were right. That stuff is delicious! I tweaked the recipe a little to fit me but now I have a bunch of little ricottas for the week.

More random celebratory things:

I've lost four inches off my waist and six off my hips since May 24th. Feels like it could be more but I'm losing all over. I finally feel like the incisions are becoming normal or just healing better. Yesterday, I ate crock pot chicken, turkey lunch meat, and tomato sauce with no issues! Continuing to slowly expand the menu to include more protein dense foods. I was able to eat enough protein through food yesterday to need only one protein shake. Winning! To be fair, got to dial that back some because I felt full all day as a result.

I'm in another stall. My body seems to go through waves and I was expecting this. I'll be incorporating more fiber in my day. I can't wait for more vegetables!

QOTD - Echidnas. They're about the weirdest little critter that doesn't look like it could/should exist.

Today's menu:

Tea, water, and all the supplements

Breakfast- a hard boiled egg mashed with a laughing cow cheese wedge and a little mustard

Snack - two ounces of crock pot chicken

Lunch - two ounces of turkey lunch meat with one thin slice of provolone

Snack - Greek yogurt

Dinner - ricotta bake

Plus whatever protein is needed. I've been subbing the menu a little based on tastes but have kept to items on my list. Cheers everyone.

Pic of one of yesterday's cooking efforts.

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 144.4

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

White Dove
on 8/7/22 6:59 am, edited 8/6/22 11:59 pm - Warren, OH

You are doing so well. That is how it went for me. I felt great after surgery, but was waiting for the other shoe to drop. It never did and I felt stronger and better every day. Finding great recipes always helped. Did we tell you about Eggface? She has wonderful recipes for every stage.

https://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/7/22 8:50 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Thank you! I'm glad to hear your recovery went well. I do feel you on waiting for the other shoe to drop though. Just over three weeks post op and it feels like I'm over eating since I'm able to eat two ounces for most things. And a little more in things like yogurt. I'm truly not hungry, just trying to get my protein from food rather than shakes. It makes me worried that maybe I'm stretching the sleeve or damaging my staples. But no nausea. And I stop eating when I feel full. I'm just eating multiple times a day, with my nutritionist's knowledge. Doesn't stop the worry!

Yes! I've seen Eggface's recipes. Thanks for the link. What I've run into is that it looks like she converted to other forms of social media some years back. I've only been able to access things on the regular site by Googling and have a bunch of things saved. I'm not a social media person, so not on FB, IG, Pintrest or any of that. Sometimes it comes back to get you. I love cooking but it helps to get some ideas on bariatric-friendly things.

Thanks for your reply. Hope you have an amazing day!

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Greateight
on 8/7/22 10:04 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Your oven is immaculate!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Lisa91941
on 8/7/22 7:32 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! Quick check in. It's another lazy day until afternoon, and then we are off to a retirement party at a tiki restaurant. Choices for food are going to be hard, I think. I'm planning on keeping it tight and low carb all day, and then see what I can find that won't kill me for dinner. But we get to see wonderful friends, and that is always the best treat.

QoTD: Dogs. Add so much to my life.

menu:

B: cottage cheese and 2-3 oz smoked brisket

L: need to finish the deli turkey, so that, a slice of provolone and a little TJ's everything but the bagel sour cream for moisture

D tbd!

Peace Everybody.

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

catwoman7
on 8/7/22 7:50 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Mornin' All!

I got home from the Chicago area last night. I was with two of my genealogy obsessed cousins (we met a few years ago via DNA testing and get together three or four times a year to work on - you guessed it - genealogy!), and a newly-discovered 4th cousin joined us. He was just great! And the weird thing is - his father-in-law knows my uncle - who's on the other side of my family! (so on my mom's side - whereas these genealogy folks are on my dad's side). I ate entirely too much yesterday and am feeling like a blob this morning. I'm trying to hold off on eating until lunch time. But today is my b-day, so we're getting takeout from a Chinese restaurant to take to my mom's (we normally go out to eat on family b-days, but my mom isn't too mobile these days). And of course there's cake, which we'll probably end up bringing home 2/3 of. Yikes. Maybe I should invite some friends over for coffee and cake this week to get rid of the thing (even though I love it - but I can't really afford to eat much of it...)

QOTD: cats! (big surprise, I know....)

B: coffee with half & half

MS: either a protein shake or my breakfast (but I'm going to try to hold out until lunch time)

L: before I left for Chicago I had some leftover kale salad (a bagged thing) topped with rotisserie chicken and a diced peach. It was so wonderful that I might have that again!

AS: protein shake if I don't have it this morning

D: takeout Chinese food, cake

have a great day, everyone!

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/7/22 8:28 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Happy, happy birthday! Hope it's a wonderful one, and that you enjoy the time with your family/friends. Cheers!

Lisa91941
on 8/7/22 9:28 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Have a wonderful birthday, Trish!

White Dove
on 8/7/22 12:05 pm - Warren, OH

Happy Birthday. Enjoy the day

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 543 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?