What's on your Wednesday menu?

Partlypollyanna
on 8/10/22 3:52 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning everyone and welcome to Wednesday!

Great workout yesterday, got a lot accomplished at work so it was a good Tuesday! Busy day ahead for me but I am taking an exercise rest day so I just did a quick morning mobility series this morning to get the blood flowing. I'm also ending the day with a mani-pedi so that is something I am looking forward to.

QOTD - are you an emotional decision maker or a data drive decision maker? I am data all the way but I only need so much data; a lot of people get stuck wanting to analyze everything...I just need enough to see a pattern and then I'm good. It can be annoying to some people but I learned a long time ago that with my temper, emotional decisions are not the best, lol. Also, I'm a Libra so I have to weigh everything.

I have people in town the rest of the week and some work things next week so no idea when/if I'll be online so if you don't see a thread feel free to start one (which is also true any given day, this is a group exercise!)

Menu today

coffee plus half and half X 3

left over slice pizza

two good yogurt

not sure on dinner, I might pick up something while I'm out

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Melody P.
on 8/10/22 4:26 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin everyone, hope today finds you doing well.

my appointment went ok yesterday. Another new med to try if I can afford it. It's compounded so my insurance doesn't cover it. I did however FINALLY get a referral to Lubbock! The new pain management doctor is really nice and seem to take crap from the neurosurgeon there. He keeps dragging his damn feet, refuses to answer basic questions and they never return calls or when they do they say they'll call back with what he says. I never get 5at call back. So over this BS. BUT good movement yesterday for sure.

what little energy I during the day seems to peak around this time. So I've got the dishes and kitchen cleaned. The kids will be over most of the day. Other than that not a lot planned. Hoping the new med will be workable.

QOTD: usually emotionally charged.

B: JUST egg cup

L: GF chicken nuggets and a cup of fresh strawberries

D: ???

S: GF waffle, cheese and ???

These are a photo I took ran through an AI software and of a piece I made for an order a friend made.

Emiepie
on 8/10/22 9:25 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sounds like a win for sure!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Cautiously_Hopeful
on 8/10/22 4:52 am
WLS on 07/15/22

Good morning everyone,

Happy Wednesday! I'm still dragging this morning as the result of my sleep medication. Will have to get that looked at. Today is a work from home so I get to skip the hour plus commute. Yesterday on the way home I stopped to get a prescription refill and got my hair cut. I prefer juuust long enough to pull back so I can get it out of the way when needed. It was nice to shed some length!

I'm currently gaining weight. Yay! Couple of factors in play, so I'm being patient. The high protein and dairy but low fat diet is catching up with me. Good times. I've hit fluid goals for the past few days but have trouble exceeding them. Think I'll still try a bit of actual exercise this weekend. Historically, I get all worn out but have more energy when I recover.

QOTD - data all the way. Like you said, it tends to annoy people and there are times when I have to work to find the balance between doing things a different way. I live in a lot of gray space and it can be hard.

Menu

Turkey and provolone

Crock pot chicken

Greek yogurt

Ricotta bake

Protein shakes

Cheers!

HW 282, LW 123.4 (8/29/23), CW 135

Pre-op-33, M1-12, M2-17, M3-14, M4-11, M5-14, M6-5, M7-6, M8-5, M9-22, M10-6, M11-5, M12-2, M13-2, M14-5

Emiepie
on 8/10/22 5:26 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Good Morning! Jen, I hope the long weekend is great! This week is busy work wise with a few projects but it's great to be learning new stuff.

QOTD: I would have to go with emotional. I like data/facts but seem to lean more emotional than I probably should.

TSS: 7 years 11 months

B: SF latte, Fiber/protein oatmeal , turkey sausage, and an orange

L: Turkey and cheese sticks, carrots, SF pudding and an apple

S: Protein puffs, a peach and yogurt

D: Grilled pork loin, TJ's Mexican style cauliflower rice, sliced orange/banana, and 2 squares dark chocolate

ES: Greek yogurt and toast

E: Elliptical and treadmill

V/W: On track

Totals: Cals:1509 Protein:124 Carbs: 134 Fat:58

Have a great one!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Amy Liz
on 8/10/22 5:32 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ It's Wednesday... I ended up sharing a bottle of wine with the hubs last night and woke up with a massive headache - I still miss Advil so much. I didn't get my work out in this morning, but life goes on and I will be back at it tomorrow. I have so much going on at work it's nuts. I don't have time for it all! If I get out of this week alive, tha'd be great. Can't wait for the weekend.

QOTD - good timing on this question! It depends.... Work is always data, home is a mix. My wine choice last night was emotional. Food can be emotional. My son is more often than not emotional.

Accountability - wine

b- coffee, yogurt and mixed nuts

l - philly cheese w/peppers and mushrooms

d - pulled pork, again. Maybe eggs instead

e - not today

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Partlypollyanna
on 8/10/22 7:17 am
RNY on 02/14/18

a friend of mine is super sensitive to tannins in wines and she has been using these wine drops for a couple of years; I noticed earlier this year that half a glass of wine would give me a headache (while in the process of drinking it) so I picked up some of them too and they really have helped. They are called Drop It

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 8/10/22 8:31 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good to know. I found it on Amazon and ordered - thanks Jen! I wonder if tannins and sulfites are the cause of my undereye wine bags, too? I don't get them often, but today - yup.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 182 GW 175

Greateight
on 8/10/22 5:53 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning everybody!

I wish that I brought a sweatshirt to Louisiana because it is freezing cold inside the hotel room. I went for a walk to the store yesterday and was plenty warm, however.

Also, I can't really tell if I am in a good or a bad neighborhood here.

Today is mostly just resting and work. I brought my computer and have a bunch of calls. I will meet the guy who is coaching me as well. I had already signed up when my coach told me he wasn't coming, so I really appreciate this other guy helping out.

It also may make it difficult for me to get pictures.

QOTD: I am an intuitive decision maker. Whether that is emotion or subtle processing of data points, I leave to the psychologists to debate.

Breakfast: eggs

lunch: sandwich

dinner: maybe fajitas?

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 57 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Mkess
on 8/10/22 6:07 am
VSG on 08/09/21

Good morning all and Happy Hump Day,

I didn't realize that yesterday was my one year surgiversary. I stepped on the scale for the first time in over a month. I have gained over 15lbs. I am ashamed to post this and was considering not posting. I wanted to share where I can see contributed to the weight gain rather than list excuses. Prior to my last weigh in, I was keeping track of my weight and weighing weekly. I stopped keeping a consistent food diary. I would make a daily meal plan here and not stick to it. Every weekend, I snacked all day and went out to eat multiple times a week.

Positives: I have learned a lot about myself in the last year. I have had the discipline to eat well before so I know I can do it again. I am still down 50+ lbs from surgery and 90+lbs from my heaviest.

I am trying to focus on the present since I can't undo my poor choices over the last month. That being said, I feel like **** about myself and feel like I abused this gift of surgery. I know nothing good comes from beating myself up.

QOTD - I'm a data driven decision maker normally. However, I am also impulsive at times which can throw being rational out the window.

B: Dannon Light and Fit Coconut Yogurt, Tangerine.

L: ???

D:???

HW: 371 SW: 333 CW: 248 Surgery: 8/9/21

"The best preparation for the future is to live as if there were none." -Albert Einstein

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 472 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 424 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 249 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?