What's on your Wednesday menu?

Teenie
on 8/10/22 1:25 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I did the same thing I was 2 days away in 2015 and cancelled only to reach my highest weight not even 2 years later. I found a new surgeon that made me feel way more comfortable then the first and I never looked back. So glad to be where I am in life.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Lisa91941
on 8/10/22 7:50 am
RNY on 10/29/19

Good morning! More hot and humid weather today and tomorrow. Supposed to break on Friday and I can't wait to get the house opened up and aired out. I always dislike extended periods of the house shut up due to the heater or the A/C, but with the dog in recovery, let's just say it's extra stale in here. Blech!

I did very well on my intake yesterday. Came in about 80 calories under my goal. Went back to My Fitness Pal app this week. I want to shave off the few extra pounds before they become a handful or a dozen or a baker's dozen...you get my drift. I'm measuring, being mindful and counting total calories. And happily, because of the season, most of my food has been pretty fresh and low carb. Makes it a little easier. I baked a cake yesterday to use up some ingredients I didn't want to spoil. Ended up with an mixed berry upside down butter sour cream cake. Turned out great. I had a nibble, then promptly cut it into slices and put a couple away for Rog, and plated up the rest and distributed to the neighbors. Nothing about cake calls my name, so it's a safe outlet for me to putter in the kitchen with. I also made Coconut fish and blistered tomatoes for dinner last night using Rock fish. That was a win for sure!

Today, I've got nothing to do again except pop over to a friend's that is on vacation and water his roses, and take care of the dog.

Jim -- my friend is in Alaska fishing and I've got a photo for you on Friday!

QoTD: Immediate reaction is always emotional. Always ALL the way in or out. Then I settle down and start looking at facts and research and then either change my mind or I don't. I always tell people not to believe me when I get excited about doing something. Especially if there is wine involved. Give me a couple days before you'll know the real answer. My friends are used to me doing this and still love me.

Menu:

B: left over rock fish and little cottage cheese

L: not sure, as we may be out taking care of business. If home, I'll go with the last of the smoked brisket, a little Elote dip and some BBQ Pop chips

D: chicken thighs, feta and roasted carrots. Hopefully I can find some recipe to tie those things together, but this is what is up next on the must use list.

Peace Everybody!

Height 5'3"

HW 200

surgery date 10/29/19 177.9

CW 121.4

goal weight 125

Amy Liz
on 8/10/22 8:43 am
RNY on 11/21/16

"I always tell people not to believe me when I get excited about doing something. Especially if there is wine involved."

I need this disclaimer in my life!!!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

lmfontana4
on 8/10/22 7:51 am
RNY on 03/24/21

I had to look twice to see the cat in the picture. I snorted a laugh when I saw it. Very cute and funny.

The results of my annual mammogram showed a possible area of calcification in one breast. Due to the weight loss, the radiologist said that due to breast tissue density it was a difficult read so they recommended an ultrasound of the breast. Currently, I am waiting for my PCP to put in the order so that I can have the ultrasound done. Geez, it seems like I am falling apart this year. Since Jan 2022, I have had surgery for an internal hernia, another surgery for gallbladder removal and incisional hernia repair, inflammation of the mesentery (found during gallbladder surgery), and now this! Hopefully this is the last health issue for 2022 (and forever). My husband made the comment that maybe the RNY was a bad decision but despite these issues I would do it all over again.

Yesterday I did not get my workout in. My husband has been on a rampage to decrease spending and reduce expenses. He has decided that our Ford F150 (2019) should be sold. I am not sure that is a wise decision since he is really comfortable in the vehicle (size wise since he is 6'4" 300#) but it does have a steep monthly payment plus the cost of filling it with gas (about $140/every 10 days). Anyways, I helped him clean the truck so that he can see if a local dealer wants to purchase the vehicle. Due to low inventory of used cars dealers are offering to purchase used vehicles but not requiring a purchase of a new vehicle. He then wants to purchase a less expensive car. We will see what happens.

We went to see Bullet Train last evening. I do recommend the movie it you like the Pulp Fiction style movies. Lots of action, comedy, good dialogue, and characters.

Accountability: Eating out of the bag from Chick Boom Pop kettle corn. This has been a downfall for me recently. I have been topping off my 100 cal popcorn bag with extra CBP kettle corn. I have decided that this can be a once a week treat when I have my up calorie day on Saturdays. Now I just need to stick with my resolve.

B: triple zero greek yogurt with collagen, keto granola, strawberries, cold brew with half n half

L: Summer salad with chicken, poppy seed dressing

S: protein frosty

D: Chinese chicken salad with ginger sesame dressing

S: 100 cal bag popcorn (no CBP!), 4 squares sf chocolate

E: 60 min yoga

Wishing you a Wonderful Wednesday!

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Amy Liz
on 8/10/22 8:48 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Hopefully it is nothing and the ultra sound is clear. Hang in there.

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Emiepie
on 8/10/22 12:17 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

I hope you don't have to wait too long for an appt. Thinking positive thoughts.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Teenie
on 8/10/22 1:28 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

That happened with my first breast exam after surgery as well. I was fine hope the same for you.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 8/10/22 4:59 pm
RNY on 02/14/18

Same here! I ended up with two years of every 6 months plus ultrasound and then they got a new baseline and I'm annual again

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Teenie
on 8/10/22 1:37 pm - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

OMG my DH is same size and same hight and he sold he's F150 a few months back I am still not happy .

Theduffman27
on 8/10/22 10:54 am
VSG on 11/19/14

Good afternoon Jen and Menu Folks!

Joddie and I had said we would weigh weekly, I decided to weigh this morning and was down 2 lbs since Monday. I will take it.

I left out stress as a trigger to my poor choices and weight gain. In March I had posted that the closing/sale was close for the company I work for. It dragged on until 06/29. It was painful. It was alot to hold inside when my direct reports and a majority of the plant knew something was amiss. My biggest fear was the deal would fall through and we would close the doors. All is good! Today marks 6 weeks since the sale/merger and we are busier than ever and the new owners are investing a substantial amount of money into a new packaging line.

QOTD - I am a Purchasing Manager - at work I am driven by data. At home I can be emotionally driven, at the age of 54, nothing crazy...LOL

B- scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese

L - Salami and cheese

AS - Cukes and Ranch dip

D - Keto Tuscan Soup and grilled cheese on 3 carb per slice bread

E - Steps as I need to run some errands for folks as they are moving.

Stay healthy my friends, Mike

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 409 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 419 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 404 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 351 views